Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Be Real

Judo is the softer off shoot of SHUAI-CHIAO...eg- Sport Judo is throws and some joint locks that result in points awarded based on clean techniques....SHUAI-CHIAO combines strikes, followed by hard throws that are designed to trap the opponents hands, (so they cannot break their fall),,and they
    are literally slammed head first into the ground with the intent of knocking them out or at the least breaking a shoulder, neck or collar bone. It is an extremely brutal Martial Art,.
    Yeah, that's the spin-marketing version of it.

Just more "too deadly to be used for real" deadly technique B.S.

Anyone who is practicing an applicable version of it, is doing it pretty much the same way as all Judo, BJJ, Sambo and wrestling people work throws and takedowns. Realistic grappling doesn't change much if you are doing it right.

Anyone who tells you they have a super deadly grappling art that is somehow more "brutal" than all the others, it either lying to you or is completely clueless.
    Last edited by Knifefighter; 01-09-2007 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyKingUSA View Post
    Had Kano only been interested in teaching kids to fight, he would have taught them jujutsu.
    That's the last thing he would have taught them.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post

No he wouldn't have, because he knew the Jujitsu method of fighting was ineffective and dying out.... which he PROVED with the challenge matches where he destroyed the jujitsu people

Jujitsu was designed for fighting with armor and with weapons. Of course you put them in Judo rules most of them are not going to be able to do as well.

Judo is nothing more than an offshoot of Jujitsu. Like Aikido is an offshoot of Jujitsu.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzly View Post
    If you go to a MMA school (gym, training hall, whatever is the correct term) you will not only be learning techniques, but you will be applying them against resisting opponents, going %100 if not close to that.

my sifu trains all the higher up students like this with punches and kicks and chin na and such. whats the point of learning it if you cant apply it? i have goptten knocked a couple times missing stuff. we dont start it off fast, but get into it as we get better at the techniques.
    so not all CMA schools train "unrealistic, repetive action, 1 move applications, where a student gets stuck if the move isnt going to his advantage" its all about being able to flow too.
    its pretty brutal though and isnt for everyone. thats why there are toned down cma classes for the average person. doesnt mean its bad training.
    Last edited by Shaolinlueb; 01-09-2007 at 12:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzly View Post
    Maybe cause the people who have the egos don't have the skill, and the people with the skills necessary to win a UFC event don't have the ego.

Wow, now I want some waffles.
    it's funny how people tend to try and center competition solely around things like greed and ego. I think these people really do not understand competition.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by JDK View Post
    Judo is the softer off shoot of SHUAI-CHIAO...
    actually, this cannot be historically verified. to date, there is no solid link between shuai chiao and either judo or jujutsu. SC's principles actually seem more closely tied to sumo wrestling.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by msg View Post
    well first of all ufc is boring i have seen better fighting in a bar they just roll around on the floor and rely on how strong they are if you did that on the street you would have one of his buddys boot you in the head
    that is so ignorant that you should be banninated just for posting it.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    that is so ignorant that you should be banninated just for posting it.
    Yeah, they don't just roll around and rely on strength, they also dance around on their toes hitting each other and relying on strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina View Post
    Keeping things in perspective:

I train at Renzo Gracies, a premier BJJ academy in the US.... of the hundreds (probably thousands) of people that train there ... of all belt levels.... only a very small handful, less than 3 percent, have any interest in fighting.
    this varies from school to school. We have a bjj black belt at our school, and well over 50% of our enrollment in muay thai, bjj AND judo either compete in some fashion (bjj, judo, muay thai, mma) or have the desire to.

This is why I take martial arts practice seriously. It's like that old modeling commercial... be a model or just look like one. You might not want to go fight, but you should train as if you are. That's martial arts.

agreed.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by lunghushan View Post
    Yeah, they don't just roll around and rely on strength, they also dance around on their toes hitting each other and relying on strength.
    Yeah, they should do more forms and posing to make scrubs like you feel better about yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by lunghushan View Post
    Jujitsu was designed for fighting with armor and with weapons. .
    Actually, it was for use with and without armor, and with and without weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai View Post
    Yeah, they should do more forms and posing to make scrubs like you feel better about yourselves.
    So I think I have you figured out, BTW, unkokusai -- there's only one thing you're ever really positive about, and that's women in MA flicks.

I think you need to get yourself a nice Chinese wushu girl and settle down.

13. Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    I guess complete ignorance of the facts never stops anyone from posting on the internet.....
    If you want to debate the facts, that is one thing. But DO NOT DEMEAN ME!!!
    Discussion ended!

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyKingUSA View Post
    If you want to debate the facts, that is one thing. But DO NOT DEMEAN ME!!!
    Discussion ended!
    TRANSLATION - he doesn't have any facts to debate the points I addressed so he's taking his marbles and going home

You post was wildly inaccurate, as I pointed out in detail with reference to facts. You could address those, of you can go off in a huff
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Cma & Ufc

You guys really like to argue. This topic has been rolled and rerolled a zillion times (can I say Zillion?).

Why don't you take all of you biast attitudes and self absorbed styles and get a life!

You guys may not believe this or not, but did you guys know thta with all your fighting, gossiping & badgering that your Senoirs (with that I mean all of the old school masters like Wing Lam, Yang Jwing Ming etc etc whom never post here), yell at us Sifu about what you guys are doing here on the forums. I get an earful everyday about someone who was not supposed to say a certain thing or someone was not allowed to post a certain video of a form.

Instead of badgering each other, why not find a way to help each other. Maybe try to standardize kung fu or help everyone in the world be informed about the martial arts.

CMA VS UFC !

Did any of you get the latest DVD of Fearless? The bonus section has a conversation with Jet Li and his words speak it all.

"There is no difinative one best style, only different levels of skill."

With this you can stop badgering each other about who is better. First of all, MMA fighters are great athletes and great fighters. However, to say they are the bomb is incorrect. They are only good at what they do. To put a CMA fighter in the ring with a MMA is like comparing apples to oranges. It just wont work.

If a great MMA fighter and a great CMA fighter meet, both have equal skill in their stlyes:

If they meet in a MMA venue, most likely the MMA will win. If they meet in a CMA venue, most likely the CMA fighter will win. Let me make a small example.

Take a great MMA fighter like Chuck Ludell, if was to come to my school and fight me, I would have use monkey and gauge his eyes and pokes to his throat. I would also run around alot since there is no Octogon to pin me up against. If he would catch me or put me in a choke I might be thru. The only true thing you can say is the guy who trains the most in his given style will most likely be thr winner.

My finall word for everyone is The best style in the world is:

THE ONE YOU LOVE AND PRACTICE THE MOST

Ginosifu