Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Let's Be Real

Quote Originally Posted by ginosifu View Post
    Also there is alot of things said and posted to "YouTube" that are disrespectful and Not Appropriate according to some GM's and I get an earful from these GM's complaining that you guys should'nt be doing what your doing.
    Which GMs? Is the problem sharing information? All of my teachers have been very open with their knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyKingUSA View Post
    J He is the current 5 time national Shuai-Chiao champion. In 1998 he took third place in the Paris world Shuai-Chiao Championships and fourth place in the 1997 Beijing world Shuai-Chiao Championships.
    And his only defense would be using monkey kung fu to jab his eyes out and run away?
    What happened to all the deadly throwing people on their heads and breaking their necks?

Quote Originally Posted by ginosifu View Post
    What some of you guys did was take a comment that I made hypotheticaly and as a fun light hearted attempt to make a joke (at myself), and get all wound up about it. I made it only to get a point across that the venue (or rules) may play a role in who will have the advantage in given match.
    valid point. Here's a valid answer. You're into mma somewhat - do you remember the fight between gerrard gordeau and yuki nakai? gordeau was knuckle deep in nakai's eye, and nakai STILL beat him. Not only that, but he beat his next opponent as well. Where was the advantage?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    Paulie Zink is a proven fake, poor choice there.

So, Let's Be Real. What would you do if Chuck showed up at your place looking to kick your butt?

We know what ginosifu would do (successful or not).
    I would call 911 and take out my gun.
    The law states that assault is illegal, and if I defended my self I TOO would be taken to Jail.
    Plus...Liddel would kick my Butt. He is a highly trained UFC Champion, in his prime
    while I am a TMA with some Western Boxing experience and Hung-gar training.

That is my intellect speaking................................on the other hand

IF MY PRIDE got ahold of me...I would fight him with all my strength and knowledge, and go 100% ...Id would still get my ass kicked, but at least I would have given it my best.

I personally think that the guy who eventually will beat Liddel is the fighter who can get him to the ground and choke him out.
    We havn't SEEN that fighter yet...but he is out there. If not..LIDDEL will eventually get old and will lose to a younger , faster, hungrier fighter.

JD

Wake the **** up!

1) Everything you think you can do to the other guy he can do to you too... that includes digging his fingers into your eyes when he has you down, dropping a forearm on the base of your neck..... it is a two way street. Doesn't mean you can't go test how you compare with them under the same rules.

2) Sports have rules and rules are broken all the time. If you think you can evade competition quality striking and sink some dangerous move... go do it, get penalized a point and then win by KO in the next round? It's no different than guys covering their opponants mouth while in side control. They get warned, they move on.

3) If you don't like "sport" create your own event. I have stopped posting Throwdowns here because no Kung Fu guys show up to play. One guy from the forum showed up once to watch.

4) Cut the ****! You're not fooling anyone. Fighters know why non-fighters don't fight... we know why trained martial artists don't fight..... they're not fighters. We know you can kick and punch but we know we can do it better, meaner, with more intention. We know we'll kick your ass which is why we are eager to show up. Which is why we do show up. Likewise, nonfighters know they'll get their ass kicked. This is why they don't show up.

I admit I won't go surf 25 foot Pipeline. Not because I'm a free surfer. And not because I'm not skilled enough.... I'm scared and don't want to get really hurt or killed. I wouldn't want to fight Chuck Lidell for the hell of it for the same reason. Throw me a few grand and I'll do my best until he drops me

Be real with yourself! Because you're not fooling anyone else, just sounding like a tool.

Greetings..

I just watched a match between a TCMA "expert" and an experienced NHB fighter.. the evidence was convincing.. fighters train because it IS real, TCMA trains "as if" it were real.. a major difference of "intention".. the fighter has experience that he knows, experience that inspires him to not hold back, to move with clarity and intention.. most (not all) TCMA players uphold a certain code of "martial ethics", which i agree with, but.. one must know the difference between fighting and agreeing to appear to fight.. the difference is huge, i've done both.. Just keeping it real..

Be Well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

Quote Originally Posted by TaiChiBob View Post
    Greetings..

I just watched a match between a TCMA "expert" and an experienced NHB fighter.. the evidence was convincing.. fighters train because it IS real, TCMA trains "as if" it were real.. a major difference of "intention".. the fighter has experience that he knows, experience that inspires him to not hold back, to move with clarity and intention.. most (not all) TCMA players uphold a certain code of "martial ethics", which i agree with, but.. one must know the difference between fighting and agreeing to appear to fight.. the difference is huge, i've done both.. Just keeping it real..

Be Well..
    Like I've said before, tma train for possibility, mma train for inevitability.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina View Post
    1) Everything you think you can do to the other guy he can do to you too... that includes digging his fingers into your eyes when he has you down, dropping a forearm on the base of your neck..... it is a two way street. Doesn't mean you can't go test how you compare with them under the same rules.

2) Sports have rules and rules are broken all the time. If you think you can evade competition quality striking and sink some dangerous move... go do it, get penalized a point and then win by KO in the next round? It's no different than guys covering their opponants mouth while in side control. They get warned, they move on.

3) If you don't like "sport" create your own event. I have stopped posting Throwdowns here because no Kung Fu guys show up to play. One guy from the forum showed up once to watch.

4) Cut the ****! You're not fooling anyone. Fighters know why non-fighters don't fight... we know why trained martial artists don't fight..... they're not fighters. We know you can kick and punch but we know we can do it better, meaner, with more intention. We know we'll kick your ass which is why we are eager to show up. Which is why we do show up. Likewise, nonfighters know they'll get their ass kicked. This is why they don't show up.

I admit I won't go surf 25 foot Pipeline. Not because I'm a free surfer. And not because I'm not skilled enough.... I'm scared and don't want to get really hurt or killed. I wouldn't want to fight Chuck Lidell for the hell of it for the same reason. Throw me a few grand and I'll do my best until he drops me

Be real with yourself! Because you're not fooling anyone else, just sounding like a tool.
    BEST POST ON THIS TOPIC YET!!!!!!!!!! AMEN! FINALLY Ray Pina is Talking REAL!!!! THANK YOU RAY~

JD
    Last edited by JDK; 01-11-2007 at 01:25 PM.

Question Kung Lee

I was watching a 2 year Old K1 Fight on ESPN last week,,and saw two fight by a welterweight named Kung -Lee.

He looked like he would make a good Octagon Fighter with the right training.

Anyone hear of him or know how he has progressed opver the lat 2 years.?

JD

Quote Originally Posted by JDK View Post
    I was watching a 2 year Old K1 Fight on ESPN last week,,and saw two fight by a welterweight named Kung -Lee.

JD
    CUng Le? Who is that? Nah, no chance he could win an MMA fight! You don't get out much do you?
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by JDK View Post

JD
    Cung Le is a great fighter. Check out these videos of him fighting in MMA.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4QdFcWOwOs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQk4DHwaxws
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOySJ9bXWZg

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    LOL... unless you are hanging out in the zoo, not too many people are fighting monkeys... mostly it's other people.
    But why aren't we fighting monkeys?

They gave us AIDS, ebola....

I think it's time we struck back. They won't even see it coming!!

Let's hit 'em with syphilis, genital warts, and alcoholism!!! Let the very skies rain with their tears!!! Primate Armageddon!!! YEEEEEHHAAAAAWWW!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai View Post
    Its not that CMA doesn't do well against MMA, it doesn't do anything against MMA.
    but of course it would be a lie to say that you're against Chinese Martial Arts.
    "Prepare your mind..." "For a mind explosion!"
    -The Human Giant, Illusionators