Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Wu Lin I Jia / All Martial Arts One Family

Hi everybody,

Robert thanks for that clip – real classy stuff…

Got another here to share :- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETSfM8xLiKw

You see Sifu Yap and Chong engaged in a 2 men Sanchiem drill routine that trains, I believe, their characteristic 5 elements jin concept.

Talking to Sifu Yap, I also learned that his Wuzu takes this concept further into relating special jin with different component style, namely Lohan, Datmor, White Crane, Tai Chor and monkey.

In this case then, knowing the physical techniques is really just a portion of learning. Each technique is to be coupled with the corresponding jin for it to work effectively.

To understand this Wuzu, you gotta have complete comprehension of the jin engines and co-relationship as demonstrated in the clip.

Which also brings me to my next point and that is “core principles” of each Chinese Kung Fu style.

Every style starts with this, a central theme so to speak, and techniques are designed revolving around this.

Take my White Crane for instance; “whipping” is the crucial quality. In the words of my late Sifu; you don’t whip, you don’t have White Crane.

The shaking, vibrating and all that help you get there, the means and not the end.

I think it’s stupid to shake and vibrate in front of an opponent unless it’s Shakira or JLo….

Just like in Aikido, the circles of movements shrink with constant polishing until, theoretically it become just a point.

In White Crane, the body shaking/vibrating is evident with beginners and this diminishes over the years; they become internalized.

So if you refer to the old White Crane classics, you’ll read that “stillness” is the key ingredient.

Just like a loaded arrow-bow; you stay still, aim and then let go…even your breathing got to remain calm.

Warmest Regards.

Eric

Hi everybody,

Down with a virus infection these last few days....

Feeling better now and ready to do some more no-good....

Another view of Master Liew taken during the Sibu Traditional CKF Event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koLEvmC8YLA

In fact I spoke to Master Liew just a while ago and made plan to visit him for more shooting this month's end..

Really love his Chu Gar Internal Jin Praying Mantis; fast, powerful and really tight .........

The stick form you see him do in the clip is done not with a “springy” staff but the hard solid type used by old schools.

You could literally hear the “hoop” sound each time Master Liew execute jin with the stick.

Same goes with his double-butterfly knives .... brillant.

Hmmmm, I wonder if he's taking any non-family member student.......

Warmest Regards.

Eric

Hi everybody,

Milan, thanks.....

Just received a bunch of videos from a friend here.

These videos include Choy Li Fut, Hungga, White Crane and some Hakka Praying Mantis....

Got a short clip here of a Malaysian Sifu doing Choy Li Fut's "Kao Dai"

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...04006018221438

I will try and post as much as possible for you folks.

In the meantime, my doctor has instructed to drink as much fluid as possible....Carlsberg's time.......

Warmest Regards.

Eric

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Eric,
    I just got aquainted with a seventy year old Hung Kuen practitioner. He does dan gung fook fu kuen, seung gung fook fu kuen, Fu-hok seung ying kuen,samjien tiet sien kuen, and lo hon kuen. What do you make of this? He and I hit it off quite well, though due to the fact that he speaks less English than I do Cantonese, it is as he says,"Ngop tung Gai gong"-the duck is talking to the chicken! We shared playing our Fu-Hok Seung Kuen side by side. What an experience. He says he will teach me anything I want to learn-as we are now two men walking the same road.

Hi everybody,

Ten, I’ve seen so many different versions of Fook-Fu, Fu-Hok, Ng Yim etc that I don’t know what to think anymore. And mind you these are not “modern” interpretations but old forms that left with mainland Chinese immigrants and settled in my part of the world.

Maybe if you could show some videos of what you’re talking about especially the Samchien Tiet Sien and Lo Hon….

I have always thought that Tiet Sien and Sanzhan (Fukien/Fuzhou) share a mutual source and that is Lo Hon.

Must stress that I not looking at external display but more the essential principles/concepts.

My friend, this Sanzhan, Lohan and Tiet Sien association, real or otherwise, has been one of my “ghosts” for quite a spell now…..

Anyway got another clip of Wuzu Sanzhan here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEQY1h_PX68

Taken off the same “Night Of Wushu” event that took place last year in Malaysia.

Warmest Regards.

Eric

Aha, I see Mr. Martin Watts, Fu Jian White Crane practitioner, posting in this forum
    …….

Mr. Watts got a clip here that might be of interest to you:-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz7Dcx86TXA

These folks are from Master Su’s camp.. Cousins of yours maybe?

Got something else happening for me this Sunday; yesterday I was introduced to, yet another, Sifu here in Kuching.

Master Chong, a goldsmith, is the “custodian” of a style of kung fu known as “Fo Jia Tai Zu Quan” or translated to mean “Buddhist Grand Ancestor Fist”.

Errrhhh, some of you might know that I do a couple of Tai Zu moves myself and to be told that there’s another line of the same style is really piquing my interest…

I had tea with Master Chong and was told that his Tai Zu is an amalgamation of the tiger, crane, dragon and because of Hakka connection, you even find some Southern Praying Mantis influence.

Now now, you know I won’t pass this up for anything, so I am charging all my batteries and preparing for this Sunday’s outing…

Warmest Regards (on another wet wet wet day) aaarrrrggghhhhh…..

Eric
    Last edited by Eric Ling; 01-17-2007 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Ling View Post
    Hi everybody,

In this case then, knowing the physical techniques is really just a portion of learning. Each technique is to be coupled with the corresponding jin for it to work effectively.

To understand this Wuzu, you gotta have complete comprehension of the jin engines and co-relationship as demonstrated in the clip.

Which also brings me to my next point and that is “core principles” of each Chinese Kung Fu style.

Every style starts with this, a central theme so to speak, and techniques are designed revolving around this.

Take my White Crane for instance; “whipping” is the crucial quality. In the words of my late Sifu; you don’t whip, you don’t have White Crane.

The shaking, vibrating and all that help you get there, the means and not the end.

I think it’s stupid to shake and vibrate in front of an opponent unless it’s Shakira or JLo….

Just like in Aikido, the circles of movements shrink with constant polishing until, theoretically it become just a point.

In White Crane, the body shaking/vibrating is evident with beginners and this diminishes over the years; they become internalized.

So if you refer to the old White Crane classics, you’ll read that “stillness” is the key ingredient.

Just like a loaded arrow-bow; you stay still, aim and then let go…even your breathing got to remain calm.

Warmest Regards.

Eric

Brother Eric,

Excellent view.

To not repeat myself on typing again, the following is my view to share on SLT the core of Wing Chun, if anyone is interested in.

http://www.wingchunkuen.com/modules....iewtopic&t=654

I also heard that you might also be involve in a WCK research project which involve White Crane. It is always great to know about your generous sharing.

Peace
    Hendrik

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    ok, this really pi$$ed me off to no end. A friend of mine said he was talking to a guy, who knew a guy...anyway he had said that Wing Chun WAS in fact developed by a woman-get this-to fend off attacks by men. He stated that since men grab at the breasts, this is why WC defends mostly the middle and upper gates, the body leans back, and there is no concern for real internal power development. Ok, so If the style was developed in the U.S. there would probably be more defenses against a grab to the butt!
    Frankly, I find this to be a load. So in the interest of the preservation of WC's honor, Eric-do you have any clips of mainland WC that show more emphasis on the internal, cum-la sao,etc? pleez?
    yeah, I know this is gonna bring up a whole hornet's nest-let me state that Iam in no way in aggreement with this claim. It just bothered me, as I used to train in WC as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    ation of WC's honor, Eric-do you have any clips of mainland WC that show more emphasis on the internal, cum-la sao,etc? pleez?

The issue is it is very difficult to find people who could do Yee lead Qi and transport the physical even at a beginer level today. May be due to we all have less and less time to train, and our diet, our life style is not aiding the internal training.

I think the closes one on this subject one can find is the clip from GM TST.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJX216fiIbs

Beside, as Eric put it.

"In White Crane, the body shaking/vibrating is evident with beginners and this diminishes over the years; they become internalized.

So if you refer to the old White Crane classics, you’ll read that “stillness” is the key ingredient." -----Eric

at the advance level is just "stillness".
    as it said in the Kuen Kuit.
    "Yee moves Shen is there"
    "Thus, Thus not moving is the true Yin and Yang. The jewel influctuate thus application is limitless."

It will be difficult to know even if one saw a clip from those who has the cultivation not to mention they always could hide...

Peace
    Last edited by Hendrik; 01-21-2007 at 06:25 PM.