Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: White Tiger Forum

That sword form off the www.bakfupai.com site ...

I don't know what to say about that. I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt and assuming that a) it is some kind of shorthand sword form, therefore the lack of definition in the stances and stuff and b) Doo Wai's advanced age is a bit more reason. It's also possible he learned it from somebody who was older.

But anyway, I shouldn't comment further on his martial arts because I haven't seen more. But I just don't think MA forms should be learned off of video.

That being said, certain Chinese teachers (not talking about Doo Wai here) p*ss the royal crap out of me because they don't teach enough applications and reasons behind the movements, and instead seem to only be in it for the $. So their students do movements and have no idea what it is, with no correction, no idea what the movements should be, it winds up looking like pablum.

So video learning would seem to be a cost effective alternative to that, but unfortunately without correction it doesn't seem to produce a good result.

Finding a teacher who doesn't run the school like a business, holding information ransom for $, or runs a big factory school to drive revenue, who is open about information, corrects the student, and provides the reasons behind movements in forms and fighting applications, in CMA, seems pretty rare these days.

Can't be helped, I guess, though. It is capitalism, after all.

So honestly it seems most students would be better just taking something like TKD. At least it's pretty universal and cheap.
    Last edited by lunghushan; 01-21-2007 at 11:14 PM.

What a joke

I've never been an active user of this forum but I always read it. I'm not even gonna look at it anymore. Theres the same old wankas contradicitng themselves etc and, well you guys know the story. It honestly makes me feel like smaking someone. What a joke. Bunch of *****s playing my daddy's tougher than your daddy.
    Bye Bye cruel world...

PS Lungy is cool

Quote Originally Posted by shabinko View Post
    PS Lungy is cool
    Thanks for the vote of confidence. Anyways I agree this is all kindof a waste of time but like cjurakpt alluded, I guess I'm kindof an Internet addict. LOL

Actually it seems really hard to find jian applications around, especially of taiji type jian. I don't know if there any good resources. I have Scott Rodell's stuff -- that's the best I've been able to find.

Quote Originally Posted by lunghushan View Post
    That sword form off the www.bakfupai.com site ...

I don't know what to say about that. I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt and assuming that a) it is some kind of shorthand sword form, therefore the lack of definition in the stances and stuff and b) Doo Wai's advanced age is a bit more reason. It's also possible he learned it from somebody who was older.

But anyway, I shouldn't comment further on his martial arts because I haven't seen more. But I just don't think MA forms should be learned off of video.
    You don't know what to say about that because?

1. You are Ironman (a student of Doo's) and you don't want to face facts or talk negatively about your teacher?

2. You don't know enough about weapons (or TCMA in the first place) to realize that it not just a terrible performance, but it is NOT how a Gim (Jian) is used. You also mention that a Tai Ji 'type' Jian, which let's everyone know that you honestly don't have a weapons background.

A gim is a gim. It's used correctly or incorrectly. Doo has absolutely no idea of how to use this weapon. No idea whatsoever.

And you don't even have to be a weapons expert to know that; you have to have a firm understanding of TCMA. Doo obviously does not.

He may be a decent pratitioner of his hand forms, but he clearly has little if any knowledge on weaponry.

And no, it's not a special short handed gim. It's just a really bad gim.

Monday Morning Poo from Doo;

Doo Wai Writes on his forum about David Ross and crew:

He is a faceless person over the internet. But there is a motive, they want the publicities. Their schools must be doing badly, they have the time to waste on message boards. That fat pig challenged people over the phone and threaten them. Ohhhhhhh I'm scared, I'm scared Pleasssse don't beat me up big bad American.
    If we dropped this thread today, Doo would still post daily about David, Me, Lama stylists, Jim Lacy, etc. I am in firm belief that this guy has just really lost it.

Doo Wai, now beyond a shadow of a doubt, has been punked
    Last edited by lkfmdc; 07-21-2010 at 09:09 PM.
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Doo Wai, now beyond a shadow of a doubt, has been punked
    GLPA spokesperson, David, you are the punk and that goes for you punk a$$ support group too you gay fuk.

What's even funnier is that "leather man" thinks his posts are funny

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Good gosh, this is still going on?

It's not even funny anymore. And even worse, it is making Shaolin-Do look really cool. How could this be? Well at least thier followers have a substantial amount cool guys (Judge Pen and Golden Tiger come to mind.) You might think they drank the Kool-Aid, but at least they don't come across as punks.

Coach Ross, these guys aren't worth your time.

Doo-guys, look at how you are representing yourselves. Judging by the posts from your teacher, this is apparently a learned behavior. Is this how you want to live? Operating on such a childish level? While I do find Mr. Doo a bit odd, and his form certainly different, I did some years ago learn some jibengong that supposedly came from Doo-Wai, and frankly it was really good stuff. Take a deep breath and try something new.

FWIW - I highly doubt Coach Ross is a 'faceless' person on the internet. Offering up such insults and not stepping up to the plate just shows a complete lack of confidence in your art. Doo is old, let one of his 'inheritors' step up. Or just, you know, shut up.
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

They serve a purpose in the universe, they create a spectrum

doo wai ---- shaolin do ---- green dragon ------ neil/lung ----- etc...

they make guys like neil/lung entertaining and quite mild by comparision, dear lord, I've even agreed with him on a few points

LMFAO at me being a "faceless internet person" btw

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    doo wai ---- shaolin do ---- green dragon ------
    Are these guys all from the same style?

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    Are these guys all from the same style?
    style as in "system" = no

"style" as in similar characteristics, in some sense, yes....

Actually, let me correct that a bit, Green Dragon studios does some sort of northern and it looks like they train it hard, I just don't like the "we do all styles" stuff nor the claim they got it from Chang, who was NOT their teacher

Now isn't this sweet, the GLPA spokesperson David is have a conversation with members of his support group in this thread....Isn't that just sweet of them.... You guys(?) aren't worth my time....

Quote Originally Posted by Lama Pai Sifu View Post
    2. You don't know enough about weapons (or TCMA in the first place) to realize that it not just a terrible performance, but it is NOT how a Gim (Jian) is used. You also mention that a Tai Ji 'type' Jian, which let's everyone know that you honestly don't have a weapons background.

He may be a decent pratitioner of his hand forms, but he clearly has little if any knowledge on weaponry.

And no, it's not a special short handed gim. It's just a really bad gim.
    No ... once again you go to your spurious conclusions. That's what is so charming about you. By Tai Ji 'type' Jian, I mean a Tai Ji 'type' form. Which IMHO is a lot different than SPM for example.