View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 350 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 250300340348349350351352360400450850 ... LastLast
Results 5,236 to 5,250 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

well TWS the meeting did take place got the answers I needed so sorry.
    Please share. Or is that one of those things where you gotta learn the secret handshake and recite some elk's lodge riddle to get the answers
    or you could PM me or call , you know how discreet i am about these things.

Posted by Kungfujunky

i knew those pics would get you to post,lol
    Hahah Yeah Hook line and sinker, reeled in.

Peace,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

What about you TWS? What questions did you ask him and what were his responses?
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
    - Aristotle

The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Lamassu

Uhh refer to my post on previous page, READ IT, then you will have the answer to your question.

Peace,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Tws

So let me get this straight, you DIDN'T go up to GMT face to face, like a man and ask him your "hardnose" questions, instead you sent him a letter. GMT doesn't know you, if I received a letter from some total stranger being critical of my ma, I wouldn't reply either. I don't need to prove myself to you or anyone, and neither does GMT. Maybe, if you actually WENT to the tournament and paid the measly $5.00 to get in, and approached him like a man with your questions, you might have gotten the answers you were looking for, and maybe even stumped him like I'm sure you fantasized about doing. Tell you what, I notice you have "lone star state" as your location, so I'm sure you're in Texas. GMT comes to Texas at least twice a year for tournaments. Why don't you put $5.00 aside for August when he comes back and confront him like you planned for last month.
    - Aristotle

The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Lamassu

I would be tempted to call you a fuking idiot at this point but i am not going to. Instead i will inform you that i was once a disciple of SD and have taken seminars from Sin The' and he certainly knows who i am. I was with SD for 9years and taught SD curriculum for 4 of those 9years. Ive had the pleasure of dining with Sin The' at the famous chinese resteraunt in Lexington that he likes to go to(this was way before i left the orgainization.
    I am not about to go up to Sin The' at a tournament and ask him these "hard nosed questions" with the goon squad in my face, let alone face a rageaholic like Bill Leonard who believes that we should believe everything SIn the' tells us and that we should treat him like the president of the united states . My intentions are not violent ones nor will i engage in a pi$$ing contest with blind followers who have this pseudo sense of honor and duty to protect a man that needs no protection to begin with(especially from me).

Peace,TWS

I guess the question is:

Would Sin ever agree to sit down with a journalist from maybe Kung Fu magazine (for example)for an intensive interview?

I say that will never happen. He has nothing to back up any of his claims.

TWS you know that you could ask GMT just about anything as a matter of fact when I asked my questions I mentioned to him that there are those who feel the SD history is not factful. So why dont you do it I will prob be in Texas in August and will mediate if you wish KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword View Post
    I would be tempted to call you a fuking idiot at this point but i am not going to. Instead i will inform you that i was once a disciple of SD and have taken seminars from Sin The' and he certainly knows who i am. I was with SD for 9years and taught SD curriculum for 4 of those 9years. Ive had the pleasure of dining with Sin The' at the famous chinese resteraunt in Lexington that he likes to go to(this was way before i left the orgainization.
    I am not about to go up to Sin The' at a tournament and ask him these "hard nosed questions" with the goon squad in my face, let alone face a rageaholic like Bill Leonard who believes that we should believe everything SIn the' tells us and that we should treat him like the president of the united states . My intentions are not violent ones nor will i engage in a pi$$ing contest with blind followers who have this pseudo sense of honor and duty to protect a man that needs no protection to begin with(especially from me).

Peace,TWS
    See, now I'm confused. If you were once a student of Shaolin Do for 9 years (which is three years more than me), then why the animosity? Did he kick your puppy or something? These questions of yours, have you tried to ask him before in the past? If you did, then what were his answers and if he didn't answer you then, why do you think he would now? You say you had the pleasure of dining with GMT, yet you never have anything nice to say about him. So which is it? I think its funny, how one minute SD is nothing but crap and everything we're learning is crap and won't help us in a real fight and blah blah blah, and yet you're afraid to face GMT with his "goon squad", what's there to worry about? He's ripping us all off anyway right? I'm not trying to protect the man, as you pointed out, I don't need to; I just think the best way to quell skeptism is to answer the critics questions. But how can he answer them if you don't ask him face to face? If you've been a student for nine years than I'm sure you've been to one of these tournaments before, and it wouldn't be a good idea for his "goons" to be beating you up when there are bleachers full of guests, families and not to mention local news coverage (at least in Austin). So I have a question for you TWS, is GMT a merciless bully who trains thugs to crush anyone who dares question his authority, or is he merely some two bit charlatin that is filling our heads with empty nonsense and worthless kung fu?

Finally, you can call me an idiot all you want, and don't worry about getting into a pi$$ing contest with me, I don't hero worship GMT, but I also don't have some deep hidden animosity as you apparently do. I just think it's b.s. the way you prod KC over what he got from talking with GMT in person, and in such a biting tone, when you aren't willing to do it yourself.

as you said: peace,
    Lamassu
    - Aristotle

- Arthur C. Clarke

Lamassu

Okay now i am calling you a fuking idiot. you fuking idiot.

Tws

Whatever dude, this is over.
    - Aristotle

- Arthur C. Clarke

Just A Random Thought...

I would hope that I could decide in under...say 2 years...if whatever activities I chose to pursue in life are worthwhile or not. If I decided after say...9 years that what I was doing was not worthwhile I would certainly be disapointed in myself for not being cognizent enough to discover that sooner. This is just a personal thought about myself that I stated out loud for others to hear as I continue my martial arts journey. Just a random thought. Sorry for the interruption...now back to your regularly scheduled program.
    Last edited by NastyHaggis; 03-05-2007 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Grammar

Well, as far as I go, I was in the program for a year and a half. After about 6 months and researching the lineage I knew it was BS and Sin had made it all up. However that didn't really matter. I liked the program because it was a good physical workout also I had friends in the school.

I could have lived with that. The problems I had with the program involved the fact that advancement seem to come just a little too easily. Also, the Masters don't seem to come around much anymore therefore there was no sparring for around 4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    After about 6 months and researching the lineage I knew it was BS and Sin had made it all up.
    please elaborate about what "it" is the you say sin the made up.
    -can you name anything that sin the made up?
    -can you prove your claims?
    -what are you claiming sin the made up?
    -are you claiming he made up the history?
    -are you claiming he made up the material?
    -how do you come to your opinion that sin the made anything up?

best,

bruce
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter

Quote Originally Posted by BD
    Also, the Masters don't seem to come around much anymore therefore there was no sparring for around 4 months.
    So am I to understand that you guys weren't allowed to spar unless there was a Master there? Wow, that how most classes in Lex. spent the time when a Master wasn't there. Not learning new material? Lets fight. Oh, its Thursday, lets fight. UK got beat again, lets fight (alot of those nights lately )

Anyway, not to judge a different method of running a school or anything, but yeah, I doubt if I would have lasted that long out there either.

And woohoooo, less than two weeks!
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

Maybe it's just because Elder Master Gary runs our school, but advancement is not a cake walk here. I know that the same can be said for the schools run by Masters Mike & Kevin Mullins as well, and I would wager it would be true for all of the schools in E.M. Gary's line.

If someone is that fired up about sparring, get together with some friends and spar. Don't complain about it, be proactive and do something about it. If it concerns you that much that you aren't sparring in class, you should really speak with your head instructor about it and see what's going on. Any reasonable instructor will find the time to speak with his students. There are a couple of us that live in the same neighborhood and have talked about sparring together outside of class.

If none of that solves the problem, go to a WTF Taekwondo school. The VAST majority of what they do is sparring.