Thread: Any traditional CMA schools near Durham, NC?

Any traditional CMA schools near Durham, NC?

Are there any good CMA schools in that area? I might be looking to re-locate in that area.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    yes, a great one Chris Heintzman is teaching in and around the Chapel Hill Carrboro area...I thought he and his teacher David Chin had a website but I just looked for it and it's not on google. Chris teaches traditional hop gar and tai chi but he is also a pro mma fighter. Best of both worlds I guess you'll have to do some looking around for him. He does show up on google in articles so you might be able to find something out.

when I left the area in 89 there was just a bunch of TKD and karate.

also, there is a bagua school

www.trianglebagua.com

and some tai chi

www.magictortoise.com

that's what I know of CMA in the area

here's a BJJ school that trains for MMA. It's run by a guy that I wrestled with in HS.

http://www.team-roc.com/

heh, just looked there closely...the two guys I went to school with, Greg (founder of ROC) and Jason are teaching in other locations now. Durham was there founding location though so I'm sure there's a good team teaching there.
    Last edited by Oso; 03-14-2007 at 06:35 AM.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

hop gar GM chin dai wei (david chin) in fayetteville, about an hour and a half away. or i think tim smith is in duram. chris heintzman might be pretty close too.

d@mn... their my hing-dai and i dont even know where they live.

i suggest you look for chris

Thanks. I'll check them out.