Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Style that does not need a lot of room?

sifu darkfist,
    then he proceeded to perform a very high level mantis form in a 4 foot by 4 foot area.

can you explain what a high level mantis form is?

His stance change was crisp and decisive, then i tried and i realized i could do it as well (of course my ability at that point was above normal). [/B]

so your above normal ability allowed you to perform a high level mantis set within a 4 foot area?
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

on the same note,

I often will practice my Xiao and Da Hong Quan in small quarters either at work or at home.

very linear routines which generally require a bit of length to perform.

i dont see how you would need a high understanding, just enough to be able to adapt your footwork to meet your needs.

this is the same principle as practicing on hills, gravel, wet grass, sand and other various terrains and locations.

its all about adaption.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

are you looking for forms in a small area or techniques. i mean you can do any styles basics kicks punches and stuff in a small space. forms are another thing. no cha style forms in a small space.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

how close do you need to be to hit someone? grab them? throw them down? choke them? put their eye out? twist their limbs?

that's enough room to practice the techniques you're gonna use.
    Kung Fu is good for you.