Thread: Sifu The Movie

Sifu The Movie

Hi all,

Here is a link of Zhong Luo's first movie on YouTube. They are in the process of making another short film and I believe are currently looking for extras. This is just a teaser so if you want the whole movie you will have to purchase it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im8o-6sf0T8

If I didn't post the link correctly just go to YouTube and type in "Sifu Teaser"

Bocmei

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    wow! "Ong Bak Mei"!!

oh boy!!

Kung Fu slippers to a street fight!?!?!?

Haha...good vid. pretty funny.

I hope it wasn't meant to be serious though, cause if it is, it came across as a 3rd rate Chuck Norris Texas Ranger fight scene.

Quote Originally Posted by mung foo View Post
    Haha...good vid. pretty funny.

I hope it wasn't meant to be serious though, cause if it is, it came across as a 3rd rate Chuck Norris Texas Ranger fight scene.
    It looked like crap.

All the fight scenes were choreagraphed by Sifu Zhong Luo. For a first short film, no acting experience and no high flying wire acts I think it's pretty good.

Bocmei

I liked it-

I have been an extra in 2 indie films and I know what it takes to go thru the whole process-true-it was a bit 70's style grindhouse-but for a first outing it wasn't horrible-you are using students and friends,on a small budget with no makeup or special effects-and brave enough to put it on youtube for criticism-

Question -is Zhong sifu the bad guy is this?-or is it your typical-there is no good guy?

"Lock the doors,we'll kill them all" ??

what an OG

drleungjohn,

Sorry, I can't give out the story line. If I did then nobody would get the movie!

bocmei

no worries

-Understood-but "spoilers" never spoil it for me--

bocmei

drleungjohn,

Sorry, I can't give out the story line. If I did then nobody would get the movie!

bocmei
    I don't think you have to worry much. Those type of movies went out of style back in the 80's.

I have a copy of hte movie. I bought it to support my former sifu. Personally, i was a little disappointed because he added a little ground work. I guess he has been studying jujitsu to compliment his family's arts. there were a few good combinations there besides that. I guess his character was a little inconsistent, but that is probably because they started it with the ending fight scene, and then added the movie as an afterthought (I went to the premiere, they said that there).

Somebody said that his character seems kind of un-heroish. That is just an anti-hero. They have been around for a long time.

Hi all,

Here is another youtube clip of Sifu Luo's school. It looks like another seminar dvd up for sale on their website, this time with a bunch of student bareknuckle fights. Haven't seen the whole seminar but the clip looks interesting!

http://http://youtube.com/watch?v=8lpRkNCPwYo

http://undergroundkungfu.com

mmmmm...

Not bad for a first attempt.

There is better stuff out there though.

keep doing it.
    You can only get better.