Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: mma fighter gets reality check

Move along now please, nothing to see right here...

This story doesn't prove anything.

It has nothing to do with any perceived MMA vs TMA debate.

It has nothing to do with any 'alive'ness debate.

It has nothing to do with beating a criminal mindset.

It has little to do with the so-called r33l l33t 5tr33t, and more to do with the trouble with being drunk.

It is just a couple of drunken guys (and let's be honest, the MMAer is primarily a show wrestler), one of whom hit the other with one good/lucky punch, which broke the other's eye socket.

Thank you. You can all go home now.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Like Ive been saying, size/strengh and pure agressiveness/how violent you are is what really determines who wins in the fight, its almost all mental, and the rest msotly how you physiclaly look like not what uve been trinaing in the gym tha tmost liekly will go out in the fight anywaya s you try to survive ratehr than win in such an encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    This is exactly what I have been talking about on this BB for years. There is a difference between a duel and a REAL fight with REAL bad guys. The bad guys will do whatever it takes to win. They prefer any down and dirty form of attack including sneaking up on you with surprise attacks. The assailant probably would have had his clock cleaned in the ring, but in the real world surprise and tactics are used to ensure victory and bad guys will do whatever it takes to win. The result here is a possibly ended career.
    not only that but they will take shots to the face full on just to egt close to u and use their size advantage, and wont even flinch casue they have so much more adrenaline than in sparring for exmaple.

Quote Originally Posted by neilhytholt View Post
    Somehow admitting that everyone sucks doesn't seem to help matters any.
    well here is the solution even as Bruce Lee put it, get in lots of street fight to gain experience (also growing up in a hood and being hardened helps, and having a killer instinct also helps not backing out, etc.) One solution is do what I dio, try attacking and fighting pedophiles that should be dead anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by JetLi'sFearless View Post
    try attacking and fighting pedophiles that should be dead anyway.
    Uh, okay ... obviously you have some issues ... not that there's anyone who probably doesn't, just that even talking about such a thing isn't a great idea.

Obviously, since a lot of other people have mentioned a lack of fight practice in their school, this is not an isolated problem. However, picking random fights on the street probably isn't a good solution.

However, picking random fights on the street probably isn't a good solution.
    Shhh! It's all part of the KFM's social experiment to see how long it takes to get a ball-less largely untrained and indisciplined sociopathic scrub stabbed/shot in a street fight. Social Darwinism!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

pedophiles are generally cowards who dont have access to wepaons or know how to use them, plus ex convixtx cant own them Id ont think as u need a license. Oh and u can just look up where they live on fmaily watchdog.org even has a picture of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    Shhh! It's all part of the KFM's social experiment to see how long it takes to get a ball-less largely untrained and indisciplined sociopathic scrub stabbed/shot in a street fight. Social Darwinism!
    Aha, well if you really want to screw your life over royally, why look for street fights? Go all the way, get married or join the army or something. Don't do it half-assed.

pedophiles are generally cowards who dont have access to wepaons or know how to use them, plus ex convixtx cant own them Id ont think as u need a license. Oh and u can just look up where they live on fmaily watchdog.org even has a picture of them.
    Yeah, and of course pedophiles are criminals so of course they always follow the law and what their probation officers tell them.

They should probably have some sort of fight clubs or something, but that wouldn't be very sanitary.

You know, my brother lives out in hicksville U.S.A. now and he got so bored he bought himself a rifle and hunts nutria now. Nutria are these varmints from South America that are destroying the North American ecosystem.

If you're really bored you could probably buy yourself a pellet gun and go hunt some nutria. You don't even need a license, at least in Oregon.

http://www.nutria.com/site.php
    http://www.dfw.state.or.us/springfield/Nutria.html
    Last edited by neilhytholt; 04-10-2007 at 11:28 PM.

Somehow admitting that everyone sucks doesn't seem to help matters any.
    LOL!! Nice try Neil. You are the one who implies everyone else sucks. Mostly people here consider you the one that sucks anyway and you know that! You must have nothing else to do tonight huh??

It is knowing that you are unprepared that is the first step in becoming prepared. Use your brain a little bit and stop making inane comments!

LOL!! Nice try Neil. You are the one who implies everyone else sucks. Mostly people here consider you the one that sucks anyway and you know that! You must have nothing else to do tonight huh??

It is knowing that you are unprepared that is the first step in becoming prepared. Use your brain a little bit and stop making inane comments!
    LOL. You fell off your pedantic high horse for once.

Admitting that MMA is limited, because it's not fit for the street, and admitting that TMA is limited because it doesn't practice in live situations, would imply that they both suck, wouldn't it?

Like Ive been saying, size/strengh and pure agressiveness/how violent you are is what really determines who wins in the fight, its almost all mental, and the rest msotly how you physiclaly look like not what uve been trinaing in the gym tha tmost liekly will go out in the fight anywaya s you try to survive ratehr than win in such an encounter.
    wow, you must really suck.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

well here is the solution even as Bruce Lee put it, get in lots of street fight to gain experience (also growing up in a hood and being hardened helps, and having a killer instinct also helps not backing out, etc.) One solution is do what I dio, try attacking and fighting pedophiles that should be dead anyway.
    if that was any more stupid, I would ban you again.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

This is exactly what I have been talking about on this BB for years. There is a difference between a duel and a REAL fight with REAL bad guys. The bad guys will do whatever it takes to win. They prefer any down and dirty form of attack including sneaking up on you with surprise attacks. The assailant probably would have had his clock cleaned in the ring, but in the real world surprise and tactics are used to ensure victory and bad guys will do whatever it takes to win. The result here is a possibly ended career.
    it was two drunks in a bar and one lucky punch. such is life. the same woulda happened to you or any tma. the lesson? don't drink, get obnoxious and start bar fights

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by GunnedDownAtrocity View Post
    people are ass holes before they use gear. gear just makes them bigger ass holes. and i mean that litterally ... they are simply larger d1ckheads. roid rage is a myth.
    = Ignorant Comment.

Been Married? Had a girlfriend? Familiar with the term 'Hormonal?' Do some research before you before you spew out such a silly comment. Steriods affect your HORMONES. They increase test. and can make thier users quite 'edgey'. Look into it.