Thread: tanglang double staff set

tanglang double staff set

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJrjrJ3hMes

this is really interesting, I have seen double sticks but have never before come across a double staff set.

Can anyone offer any information about it - specific style, story/background info, other examples of dual staff sets etc (i see the site says they guys train taiji tanglang?)

kind regards

craig

Smile Golden Harmony

Rupert Harvey is a student of Rob Moses who is a student of Kam Yuan. Both Kam Yuan and Rob Moses worked in the Hollywood movie industry for a time. I believe RM appeared in Kung Fu the legend continues TV series as well. Anyway, Kam Yuan is a CCK TCPMer as well as Mizong Luohan (?) or Northern Shaolin guy. RM went on to created something which he calls nine palm mantis. May be this staff form has something to do with that. But this staff form in question, while it's nice looking, has nothing to do with CCK TCPM.

Hope this helps.

Warm regards

Mantis108
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

Thanks for the info robert

Re.Nine Palms Preying Mantis. I'd never heard of that style, though I googled it and found an article from BB magazine about it. It was talking about the art being about your own 'personal expression' or something similar, so it could be quite possible that the double staff set is his own creation?

Have you had a chance to witness Nine Palms Mantis? If so, what is the general opinion towards it?

craig

http://www.blackbeltmag.com/document/245

Wow! That was pretty cool!

9 palms/psalms whatever its called looks rather invented/contrived.. but i haven't been to a class so i'm not entirely positive what they do, but it doesnt appear to be all that "traditional" if you look at their website....
    as for the double staffs, it might be related, since using 2 staffs is rather unwieldy, and I dont think he could do much damage with two in his hands like that, but it does seem cool.

Pointless
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE