Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: At least 32 Dead at Virginia Tech

Quote Originally Posted by jmd161 View Post
    You have to understand that news right here at home, is going to get a lot more press than news on the other side of the world?!?! You also have to know that news is a business more than it is a source of what's going on in the world...

If that's your problem/beef, then blame the media, but don't say that 32 people losing their lives is nothing or meaningless compared to others dying across the world!

jeff
    Let's see ... 18,000 per day compared to 32. Yeah, that would be less meaningful, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by neilhytholt View Post
    They don't deserve crap.

What I'm pointing out here is that CNN has a HUGE spread about this tragedy.

Okay, and then they have ONE LINE, about the 18,000 children who die every day in Africa of starvation and disease.

ONE FRICKING LINE about 18,000 KIDS DYING EVERY DAY yet all anybody is talking about is these people in VA.

Well, I'm sorry, but that shows an extreme lack of priorities.
    This is not an invalid point (except for the "they don't deserve crap" part), but this thread was originally intended for what happened today. Your hijacking of said thread shows an extreme lack of respect for those who died.

If you want to be known as an activist, why not start your own thread on topics you feel strongly enough about to speak on?
    Last edited by tug; 04-16-2007 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Anger
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

I can't believe you people are feeding into this inbred dipstick, this kid spends his whole day trying to find ways to get some sort of response from anyone.

One day he is conservative, the another day he loves the children in Africa and is ultra liberal It's all a bs game played by some fat yankcranker sitting in his mom's basement with nothing going on but KFMO.

DON'T TAKE THIS TROLL SERIOUS. DON'T FALL FOR IT PEOPLE

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack II View Post
    I can't believe you people are feeding into this d!p****, this kid spends his whole day trying to find ways to get some sort of response from anyone.

One day he is conservative, one day he loves the children in Africa and is ultra liberal. It's all a bs game played by some fat a$$ sitting in his mom's basement with nothing going on but KFMO.

DON'T TAKE THIS TROLL SERIOUS. **** PEOPLE
    The fact that you think that 32 people are more important than 18,000 per day shows nothing except that you have an extreme lack of priorities.

Seriously, do you really think this VA thing is newsworthy? Please ... it's not newsworthy at all.

At least 5000 kids in Africa have died since we started posting on this thing, do you really expect us to cry over 32 people in VA?

Quote Originally Posted by neilhytholt View Post
    The fact that you think that 32 people are more important than 18,000 per day shows nothing except that you have an extreme lack of priorities.

Seriously, do you really think this VA thing is newsworthy? Please ... it's not newsworthy at all.

At least 5000 kids in Africa have died since we started posting on this thing, do you really expect us to cry over 32 people in VA?
    WoW dood. I was ever so slightly trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, but now I see you're just an @sshole.

I will not debase myself anymore by responding to the fetid, rotting waste that you think passes for discussion.

I'm out.

TuG.
    Last edited by tug; 04-16-2007 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Grammar
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

This being a MA board and all I'm just wondering if there is anyone here who felt that if they had been inside the building and heard the shots would have tried to position themselves to surprise the gunman.

Me? I would probably be hiding under a desk. However if I was in a perfect position I might take a shot at it. You might as well have done so because it appears he was shooting anything in sight. If anything I would hope that my training would help me remain calm in the situation and try to think my way out.

Neil, shut the Fuck up will you?

You are wrong about the car wrecks...with today's Airbags, and modern Unibody construction and space aged metals, you'd be lucky to get much more than a seatbelt burn in a high speed wreck, let alone killed. You would have to hit a pole dead on doing close to 100MPH.

I see totally demolished cars every day for my job, and only the most extremest of impacts result in actual deaths.

As for the victems...my prayrs go out to them and thier families.
    Last edited by Royal Dragon; 04-16-2007 at 06:07 PM.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    This being a MA board and all I'm just wondering if there is anyone here who felt that if they had been inside the building and heard the shots would have tried to position themselves to surprise the gunman.
    Uh, er, no ... that's what they pay cops for.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon View Post
    Neil, shut the Fuck up will you?

You are wrong about the car wrecks...with today's Airbags, and modern Unibody construction and space aged metals, you'd be lucky to get much more than a seatbelt burn in a high speed wreck, let along killed. You would have to hit a pole dead on doing close to 100MPH.

I see totally demolished cars every day for my job, and only the most extremest of impacts result in actual deaths.
    So then why do something like 40,000 people in the U.S. die every year from car wrecks?

I'm not making that figure up, BTW, nor the 18,000 kids per day dying in Africa. The 18,000 figure was quoted on CNN today.

You people seem to have some pretty twisted priorities worrying about 32 people getting shot. Maybe darkies don't matter, is that it? Tens of millions of darkies dying in Africa don't count for a few Americans?

(Not to mention all the people shot in the U.S. in the inner cities. Probably more than 32 died today in the inner cities of gunshots too).

So then why do something like 40,000 people in the U.S. die every year from car wrecks?

Reply]
    If we had 400,00 car wrecks, maybe 3 would be deaths...becasue the kid was shoing off to his buddies, and spun out on a turn doing clse to or even over 100.....

I'm not making that figure up, BTW, nor the 18,000 kids per day dying in Africa. The 18,000 figure was quoted on CNN today.

Reply]
    Listen you moron, if 18,000 people died every day over there, the entire content would be extinct by now....your numbers are lying to you.

same for the Rain forests. if the amount of acreage burned, logged or clear cut, was really as high as they said in the 80's, the rain forests would have been gone by 1998...it still looks pretty green down there doesn't it?
    Last edited by Royal Dragon; 04-16-2007 at 06:19 PM.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Listne you moron, if 18,000 people died every day over there, the entire content would be extinct by now....your numbers are lying to you.

same for the Rain forests. if the amount of acreage burned, logged or clear cut, was really as high as they said in the 80's, the rain forests would have been gone by 1998...it still looks pretty green down there doesn't it?
    www.cnn.com. Scroll down to 18,000, will you? (Actually 18K). The link won't copy.

Oh, okay, it's 18,000 worldwide, not just Africa. As if that was any better.

Or this one:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4459348.stm

And as for the rainforests, no ... actually, I did a search a while back on satellite footage in Google and Microsoft and there ain't a heck of a lot of rainforest left anymore.

In fact, almost the entire world outside of the Amazon has been cut at least once. And much of the Amazon has already been slashed and burnt.

Obviously you haven't done your research very well.

Here, take a look at the satellite footage of South America. See the really green areas? That's forest. Not a whole heck of a lot left, is there?

Now scroll around the world a little bit. How much of the dark green stuff do you see? It's mostly GONE.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&om=1...112.851562&t=k
    Last edited by neilhytholt; 04-16-2007 at 06:27 PM.

(Not to mention all the people shot in the U.S. in the inner cities. Probably more than 32 died today in the inner cities of gunshots too).

Reply]
    I have a freind who is an ER nurse in one of the busiest ER's in the Chicago area, serving some of the most violent areas..she sees a couple shootings a weekend if that...and ostly in the hottest part of summer...and not all of them result in deaths either...

33 people getting assainated is a big deal, and not something to go banng'n ur stupid political agendas at. This could be a terrorist attack for all we know, and the first in a series....

For the Women:

+ = & a

In fact, almost the entire world outside of the Amazon has been cut at least once. And much of the Amazon has already been slashed and burnt.

Reply]
    Dude, last time I saw something on discovery chanell on the rainforests, the arial shot showed wilderness as far as the eye could see.....

For the Women:

+ = & a

Reply]
    Dude, last time I saw something on discovery chanell on the rainforests, the arial shot showed wilderness as far as the eye could see.....
    Well, look at the satellite photos for yourself ...

Here's a nice shot of clearcuts in Canada.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&om=1...2,0.881653&t=k

Reply]
    I have a freind who is an ER nurse in one of the busiest ER's in the Chicago area, serving some of the most violent areas..she sees a couple shootings a weekend if that...and ostly in the hottest part of summer...and not all of them result in deaths either...

33 people getting assainated is a big deal, and not something to go banng'n ur stupid political agendas at. This could be a terrorist attack for all we know, and the first in a series....
    52 people a day die from murder in the U.S., supposedly. On an average day.