Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chinese Tiger Wine

Makes sense to me man. I just don't see the amount of data one see's in western medicine. I don't think it would even be in the same ball park in terms of paper

Reply]
    That is because you don't speak Chinese, and haven't been to a Chinese medical college in China.

leave the folk healers out of the TCM equasion

No, its part of it.

Reply]
    Then you have to include all the Western faith healers, crystal magic healers, magnetic braclets and all the other wacky things found in Westrn folk medicine as well...otherwise you are not fairly comparing.

If you wish to compare, you have to decide if you are comapring with folk medicine, or not. if you are, then you HAVE to include Western folk medicine on the Western side of the scale. To not do so would be completey inaccurate, and render the assumptions of your comparison to be laughable jokes.

Now, are you including Folk medicine, or not?
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Bottom line TCM includes unproven mysticism, to ME that is sure as cr@p folk magic. Things like pulse diagnosis, where they feel the pulse for 6 or 12 or 24 characteristics, on the basis of which they tell you what's wrong with your "chi" and what herbs and what type of acupuncture you should have. It is complete insanity.

Then you have to include all the Western faith healers, crystal magic healers, magnetic braclets and all the other wacky things found in Westrn folk medicine as well...otherwise you are not fairly comparing.
    No, your not reading. TCM is a intergrated system and that includes the nutty herbal formulas we are talking about. I am not comparing it so much to western medicine because that has some viable basis, I am comparing it to the western modalities such as aromatherapy and chiropractic and other things like faith healing.

Either way you look at it, TCM uses a metaphysical outlook in some regards, you can't compare that to standard medicine. Does TCM have some goodies, I am sure it has good points, but the amount of faith that some people put into things.
    Last edited by Black Jack II; 04-20-2007 at 05:22 PM.

Ok, well I guess we are not going to agree here. You don't seem to really have an understanding of the TCM, and liken it to folk medicine because China has that also (Even though they are unrelated).

Untill you are able to see the difference, it's not going to be possible to conduct a conversation with you as your goal appears to be more geared towards linching legit TMC.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

I dont know if this has been coverd, Im on the run and I just skimmed through the thread quick. Tiger bone wine does work, you do feel better and your joints quick hurting after taking a swig or two a day for a couple of days. But I suppose thats because among other things it has as ingredients, its loaded with horse steroids.
    I'm very leary of most of the patent medicine coming out of mainland China, or other parts of Asia for that matter.This is a real common thing.
    I guess in some places in the world they dont mind taking a bunch of steroids when your old and rickedy. Just about anything that has to do with a claim of rejuvenation, Tiger this or that, or half the stuff coming from under the counter or back room of a Chinese pharmacy thats fairly pricey, you can bet its is laced with something.
    Better for most folks to steer clear.

Mike Biggie

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I was also told Tiger Bone wine should be taken before heavy contact training, such as throws,iron body, sparring, etc.
    I have heard that many herbalists are using mountain cat-bobcat, mountain lion,etc for their recipies. Sooo.....
    Can I use my cat?

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I mean, since I'm only making a small batch, for personal consumption...
    "Here Kitty...psss psss psss.."

Bleeding is still used in some rare conditions during modern times, hemochromatosis and polycthemia come to mind.

How does this compare to a TCM method?[/QUOTE]

I'm refering to the bleeding that used to be done because doctors thought that the sickness would just "pour" out of the patient. Obviously we now know that this practice just makes a sick patient weaker. I'm comparing this to TMC in that there were (and stometimes probably still are) aspects based on some kind of wacky misunderstanding of circumstances, but that we shouldn't judge all of TCM because of those any more than we should try to debunk western medicine because of its own past foibles.

bloodletting

Bleeding can be effective if applied properly. A favorite example is curing persistent sore throat by *****ing the thumb and squeezing a few drops of blood. I've seen this numerous times, and it seems to work pretty well. Also, I've seen bleeding for chronic low back pain and varicose veins.

The amount of blood extracted is not enough to really make the patient weaker, but enough to stimulate the body's defense mechanisms.

The biochemistry of the human body is so complex, minor stimuli can alter the biochemical pathways enough to cause a change in the body.

As for dissing folk medicine, just remember that's all there was before the western medical institution took over. And that's all that will remain after the apocalypse So, you better make friends with your neighborhood witchdoctor.

peace

herb ox

Again, the "bleeding" I'm referring to is the Medieval practice of cutting people's arms to allow the sickness to drain out. This is obviously a counter-productive practice as an ill person will only suffer more if they lose a signifigant amount of blood. I am not reffering to any legitimate modern practices that may incorporate the draining of blood.

I use bleeding only as an example of how old misunderstandings do not de-legitimize modern practices.