View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 368 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 268318358366367368369370378418468868 ... LastLast
Results 5,506 to 5,520 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

1. the pic you are referring to is master the holding katanas but he is demonstrating a broadsword form/technique/ back then broadswords were not so readily available so he made do with what he could get.

Okay, I apologize for the misunderstanding. I saw the photo and thought perhaps I might have a lead into another branch of Shaolin Ninjitsu.

Have a nice day.

John Takeshi.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega-Foot View Post
    I was wondering if perhaps Shaolin-Do taught the art of the Shaolin Katana?
    Just when you thought you'd seen everything...

Does your system include any poison hand techniques?

And I was also wondering if your katana katas are engineered according to the principles of Musashi, or his rivals.

Myself, I prefer Musashi.

I prefer Thibault. That is of course, as long as my opponent hasn't studied Agrippa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Ah, but we musn't forget dear Theophrastus, right?

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    I prefer Thibault. That is of course, as long as my opponent hasn't studied Agrippa.
    ...which I chave!

A while back, we were talking about white crane, and how it relates to Shaolin-Do's white crane.

This is more along the laines of what I do. Althought my teacher differs from Yang-Jing Ming's White Crane forms, and some of his philosopphies, he s good comparison. I like this demo from Houston. Lol, my teacher showed it to me. I didn't think he even knew what youtube was lol.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlrQFjT08t8

Also, I do this form. It's good for power generation. You have it in some forms, but not condensed like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7iBK9T0qW8

Another classic form. Mine differs slightly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPEvVM29SVc

Ben a while, I know. But though it might be interestig to some people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOFDCcv_Vak

A video of Yang performing a form. He's actually really quite good. If you can ever train with him I recommend it. I did once for like a week lol. He did nt do a lot of workout, but his classes were very informative.

He moves very nicely.

One thing about crane forms, is that most of them are very short compared to most styles. They rarely have many stepping variations, except in drills, but they repeat many motions over and over, to get them right.

Even many advanced forms are short.

This has probably already been asked in this same thread, and if not, probably another SD thread, but I'm not going through all 1500 posts looking for it. Anyway, does anyone have an explanation for Sin The's claim that he is "the only person in 1500 years to be honored with two monuments at the Shaolin Temple" (page 12 under: http://www.shaolingrandmaster.com/biography.html)?

Now obviously, my typical explanation would be that Sin The is completely full of sh!t because, well, he is, but he actually does have photos of him at Shaolin next to a monument where he appears being honored.

Is your name NARDS OR NADS ?? then I will answer. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

nards, nads... same difference, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Nards View Post
    This has probably already been asked in this same thread, and if not, probably another SD thread, but I'm not going through all 1500 posts looking for it. Anyway, does anyone have an explanation for Sin The's claim that he is "the only person in 1500 years to be honored with two monuments at the Shaolin Temple" (page 12 under: http://www.shaolingrandmaster.com/biography.html)?

Now obviously, my typical explanation would be that Sin The is completely full of sh!t because, well, he is, but he actually does have photos of him at Shaolin next to a monument where he appears being honored.
    Long story short....the Soards paid $2,000 to have it erected and then told everyone it was donated.

Nards/ Nads

Nards are one thing Nads are whjat is contained in a scrotum so "nuts" if you will. KC Rond and Round we go where we stop no one knows It says in his clip he was Honored with 2 such stones one in Hunan one in Fukien. Please produce others who have a stone at both temples. and please speak kindly of those you do not know cause you could be wrong. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !