Thread: Stretching and scar tissue

herring Guest

Stretching and scar tissue

Say I was to push myself too hard into a stretch(i.e. I feel pain in the stretch) and kept this practice up for quite some time. Apparently I would develop scar tissue. Does this scar tissue eventually go away? Or will it be a nuisance till the end of time? I have been blessed with not damaging my muscles yet(or so I think :D ), but I was just wondering how serious this is.

Nexus Guest
    Scar tissue doesn't go away as easily as you think. It is actually a good idea to get a professional massage as they can free up adhesions and scar tissue problems. I had scar tissue in my left arm from a break when I was young and once I had massage therapy worked on it, with the compliment of taiji, the energy was able to flow through it properly and it free'd up a lot of stiffness and allowed mobility and joints to open.

Amazing stuff.

- Nexus

<font size="1">"Time, space, the whole universe - just an illusion! Often said, philosophically verifiable, even scientifically explainable. It's the <font color="blue">'just'</font> which makes the honest mind go crazy and the <font color="blue">ego</font> go berserk." - Hans Taeger</font>