Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: choy lee fut VS. Muay Thai

29YRS of whitebrow or other arts including Whitebrow? Do you still fight and do you have any clips of them or your training of whitebrow?

Bruce Lee was defeated in friendly sparring against my Seebak many of times and if you watch bruce lee he changed his stance to side just like BS. In hongkong Bak Sing beat most schools especially on the roof top fights even the great Yip Man sent his best and they got beaten. There was a underground fight that was only so many seniors and organisers allowed and BS beat all but 1 fight.

Some BukSing masters can Bui ma 7 feet with in a second and take you out that is fast.

Hi Karti,
    29 years, 11 months and 29 days my friend, but who's counting, eh?

Ok, sorry for being silly.

I can see you are trying to be serious, but you don't have to convince anybody that Buck Sing CLF is a good and effective art.

Thanks for the warning about the 7 foot Bui ma, I'll keep that in mind.

It is still touch and go, but this thread may just be worth putting the popcorn packet in the microwave for…

Don’t mind me.

Settle Fu Pow....just let it happen....

I’m well settled in my chair thanks… me thinks you have me confused with the OTHER Fu Pow

That Thai Boxer was pretty terrible . . . . the CLF guy played his game right, was FIRST, tagged the Thai guy, and well, basically dominated . . . .

Gotta give credit where credit is due.

I would love to see a match between two equally skilled combatants though.

Mr Yum Cha,

You have a smart mouth, im only a few hrs away by plane if you want to clash heads, Since you have 30yrs experience and fight competition and i like to fight we can go at it?

The guys wont have enough time to eat the popcorn!!!!!!

Time to put up i say????????

6 posts and a challenge, is that some kind of record?

Ok, popcorn is ready, I’m in my comfy chair and the bar fridge is stocked and by my side.

Yum Cha is a known quantity (as much as such is possible in an internet forum), however Kartikeyan, we know nothing about you. So how about telling us a bit about yourself so that the viewers can make an educated decision on who to cheer on in this gand olde opree!

buk Sing Feats

Quote Originally Posted by Kartikeyan View Post
    Some BukSing masters can Bui ma 7 feet with in a second and take you out that is fast.
    Kartikeyan - please share more on buk sing. you never see buk sing in action, only a few thats posted by fremont BSCLF. In those videos, apart from one guy who used pure BukSing technique, though he appears to be under matched, which makes it easier to use technique. The tournament guy in the other vid seems to be mixed with kick boxing technique and did some sau choys, but he does straight standard punches and KOs with a straight.

Did the BSCLF fighters(such as Lai Hung) you would have know, used gwa, sau, chap only and no straight punches. you guys use chap more right? While this might be more practical in a street fight, how did the BSCLF fighters fight in Thailand, with those 16oz boxing gloves? do you still hold chap fist under the glove? What about gwa/sau/bui, it must be tough doing them with heavy gloves! Or did they resort to kickboxing punches also but maybe still move like CLF? How did you guys deal with thai side kicks? Chun? Dan Lan? Sau them like the dummy? or Simple get out of the way?

Also, from what I have read, it seems it's BSCLF that made name for CLF in recent modern times, so why is it that there are so few schools for BSCLF? Why do you guys teach so seldomly? It's a real shame cause this is probably the only branch of kung fu thats emphasis on contact in training. If you do search on internet they are all standard CLF schools and a few Cheung Hung Sings.

Quote Originally Posted by stout View Post

used gwa, sau, chap only and no straight punches.
    Chan Tai San's CLF, while Hung Sing derived (?), was like this, no straight punches. I came to believe it was more of a personal thing however, his "style" was to use these techniques, and they worked for him, there are boxers who do not use straight punches either.... but for the majority, you need to start with straight punches and learn angles before you can fight like this
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Lee Koon Hung's CLF virtually has no straight punches either. Cheung ahn choy's and yum and yueng chop choys but no actual plain straight punches. Kind of odd actually but it is interesting that CTS's CLF was the same in that regard.

Blog Entries
    straight punches........

wouldn't certain eye level chop choy's be considered straight punches?

how bout a yum chop.......isn't that considered a "straight" punch?

not all chop choy's are thrown with a hooking motion. in our lineage we have many punches i consider "straight". So i'm wondering if you just mean like a reverse handed straight punch for example.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 06-11-2007 at 07:21 AM.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

I meant straight punches with a typical fist, our punches in the sets at least are always with panther fists.

Blog Entries
    thanks clfnole, thats what i was thinking.

but i'd like to ask this question.

how many clf people out here actually train their chop choys on hard tagets because if they're not trained right you can severely hurt yourself. The knuckles tend to buckle due to the pressure. for this reason, Prof Lau Bun changed our yum chop to the solid fist.

Now, with the yum chop you just go downwards into your target. in my lineage we use our yum chop slightly different too. for us, we throw it straight line from the waist. its pretty sneaky cuz you don't see where its coming from.

still with our solid fisted yum chop, upon impact is when we use the corkscewing motion of the yum chop.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better