Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Claims about MMA

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    Most times this is not the case. Most of the time you get two even matched guys rolling on the ground waiting for the other one to tire out .
    Show me almost any extended groundfight and I will show you hundreds of ways that they are working to improve their advantage that clueless people like you are completely unaware of.

This is impractical for street defense which is what is being said here,
    Impractical? Well, unfortunately, it's one's only choice if he is taken down by a skilled ground fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Notintheface View Post
    Hehe I like resizing text to get my point across. Well Tattoo, when reading someone's comment on any given subject you should always connect it to their overall argument, train of thought along with the underlying comments that is prominent through out their discourse.

If you take this line "You should have 10-20 seconds to tap your opponent out" it can be inferred that if someone can not be tapped in 20-30 seconds then their is no skill But to take this comment alone and use it to assume would be inappropriate.

Take this comment "n the clinch you should have 3-4 seconds to get a throw or take your opponent to the ground." a skilled grappler should be able to do this if they had any skill correct?

But combine the above quoted comments and add it to this one here "Otherwise these matches just turn into tests of endurance and strength and not tests of skill." and you get the full picture of Fu pow's ignorance and what he thinks of MMA all together.

First off lets flesh this out a bit:

You should have 10-20 seconds to tap your opponent out: If Fu pow or yourself understood anything about grappling or fighting in general I wouldn't have to explain this comment but I fear I need to *sigh*

This is like saying a good prize fighter should knock out his opponent in the first round of the fight. Everyone here understands that the objective of a fight is to end it as soon as possible but doing so takes time, strategy and understanding of the game. Saying a grappler should only 10-20 sec is ignorant grappling mechanics.
    Also this comment leaves a counter point argument option open if someone argues against Fu pow's point. Fu pow could retort " If he is a grappler of any skill he should be able to do it now problem"

Now this comment "n the clinch you should have 3-4 seconds to get a throw or take your opponent to the ground." falls under that above commentary about counter point options.

This is his cumulative point ,"Otherwise these matches just turn into tests of endurance and strength and not tests of skill." So as to gather from his argument above, if you clinch to much or grapple for to long the contest turns into an endurance and strength contest with no ability to test skill.

Mow to comment on the above: When you are a fighter, pro or otherwise, you understand that skill plays a good part in any upcoming bout and to assume otherwise would be ignorant. But a good fighter, or someone who knows about combat, also knows that your skill only truly tested once your endurance has been taxed and your strength is pushed to its limits. For Fu pow to make a comment about not testing skill but becoming a strength and endurance contest really portrays his ignorance about the martial arts or combat in general.
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    Now on to your ignorance....

Tattoie

Dude, have you ever been sucker punched, bum rushed, jumped or even been hit really hard in a pillow fight?

Do you think people square off in the street and fight? 9/10 you are gonna be knocked to the ground and will have to fight your way to your feet. 9/10 times you will be attacked by someone who see you as an easy mark. They either weigh more than you or have a weapon. If you get knocked silly during an attack and you go to the floor do you think they are going to stop hitting you ?

ok lets continue shall we.....

Tattoie

You know you kind of sound like the same people who commented on Ali's rope a dope action. Or boo and squeal when a smart prize fighter clinches and tires their opponent knowing that they have the superior stamina. This is called "Combat strategy" I know, I know, it is something you are not to familiar with but here I'll explain ti a little bit better. It is showing weakness when you are at your strongest or showing great strength when you are at your weakest. wait wait let me put it even easier for you... You remember that time Kurt angle got hit in the head with a chair and made believe he was hurt, when he really wasn't?

When a grappler goes to the ground they are constantly playing out a battle of move and counter move or just ****ing laying on a person to tire them out. All the dancing prizer fighters do around the ring is the same thing but if you understood grappling you would understand that.....

A smart fighter understands to work towards their strengths and not their weakness. A really smart fighter works on both but still sticks with the bread an butter. BUt you say "undignified and an admission of inferiority " but the grappler wins... and this shows inferiority on who's part?
    Plus, undignified? You are a ****ing moron.... you are the same people who says' Oh, in a really fight your shouldn't kick someone in the nuts or slam his head on the ground" Get out of your make believe, Mr Roger's, Pajamas and understand this... Fighting is about wining and surviving plain and simple. If being undignified means winning a bout or walking away safe... then I'll take it any day hands
    down!

See this is where you may be "READING TO MUCH INTO THINGS " people here have been saying the MMA "format" trained people are better prepared than BS trained kung fu people. If people thought grappling was superior to all then what would be the need to train in Thai boxing, Boxing, Judo or San Shou? People here are saying training training static Chin na, Forms, weapon sets, with non resistant partners, not using full contact at some point in time is not effective and full of ****.

Fu Pow has been trying to validate what he does as being effective and reall and offering something wholly unique that is represented in MMA combat format or that could be more effective than anything already presented. He has been brought to the task to prove and thus far has proved himself to be a boob.
    You see, this shows you did exactly what I said you would do. You took things out of context and switched them around to make it sound another way to TRY to make me look wrong .

Sorry I am not playing this game . Take it how it is written . You cut pieces out and respond to them how you think I am saying something , which I am not.

What a bunch of ignorant mother f#ckers we have here.

I noticed that It is the NON CMA guys that do this the most.

You take what people say out of context and assume that they mean somerthing that they do not. With all the confusion that is going on here you would figure that someone would ask a few questions from other but this does not seem possible . Either you @$$Holes dismiss them , misread them, or just do not give **** .

You have completly disrespect CMA and their practyitioners here , have shown little or no regard for their questions , statements and views and think that you are so compleltely superior that you have turned this into a three ring circus.

You guys are just ****ing pathetic and must have ADD or ADHD , not failing to mention a possibility of a variety of mental disorders.

Last thing first, Ditang is a very valuable aspect of combat and at one time was used to great advantage , your dismissal of it shows how much you really know about it.
    the key phrase is "At one time" most of Kung Fu was effective at ONE time when they were fighting people who fought like them." I do not dismiss anything that works lol show me some working Di tang maybe the butterfly palm form, oh wait drunken boxing concept of "falling with intent"

As for these techniques yes it does take KUNG FU to be able to utilize them . Try grabbing the fingers and twisting them on an opponent in "alive training or striking someone in the back of the head or spine, or any other of these techniques .
    First off, have you ever tried prying loose the fingers of a person with real grip strength training behind it? Do you actually think that a grappler will some how magically freeze in place and let you apply it and not transition? Do you think they don't know how to apply it maybe with a bit more skill because uhhh I don't know they know how to actually apply it

lol oldest martial arts known so far is ummm wrestling...lol =grappling.

These techniques in warfare, prior to the use of guns, were viable aspects of combat/ martial arts. There in the arts that we practice, they just are not taught anymore because the arts have been demilitatrized to make them marketable and safe for the masses.
    I have a sharp stick you are bare handed.... I WIN lol

You know that saying "especially kung fu" shows your total disrespect for the arts that this forum is here for , douche bag.
    Do you think saying that will somehow rally people behind you? A real fighter,warrior, or martial artist uses what is real and effective the rest is BS and they make no bones about it. Your pseudo "oh its the arts thus we must preserve it, respect it, and cherish it with out question" mentality is exactally what lead to systems like Shoalin do lol
    No respect for things that don't work......and since you practice fake ****, I have no respect for you

I do not take it personal because I know that you are just a troll and an idiot
    . I am a troll but funny thing is an idiot is making more sense than you

What a bunch of ignorant mother f#ckers we have here
    lol the last bastion of a losing argument

Hehe Fyi.. I have studied for extended time Seven star praying mantis, Southern mantis, Silat, Jow gar, Wushu, Lung Ying just to name a few. I used to be just like you tattoo but then I got a clue

With all the confusion that is going on here you would figure that someone would ask a few questions from other but this does not seem possible
    No there is no confusion... it is guys like you and Fu pow who are screaming at the top of their voices " MY KUNG FU WORKS PLEASE BELIEVE ME!!!" then when someone says " Show me" you reply " Umm.. you know.. this is not the right time or day and these pants are to tight."

You know what made me stop believing....I was training with a sifu in wing chun and he was feeding me a line about Wing chun being effective to the point of being able to use it defeat a pro fighter with no exception. I got feed up and said "Prove it." We squared off and guess what... It didn't ****ing work! After that day I decided not to take anyones proof. When I doubt grappling I said prove it... I woke up a few mins later. I did the same thing with Judo, boxing and MT. When I find a really good Shaui Jiao teacher I will do the same

You have completly disrespect CMA and their practyitioners here , have shown little or no regard for their questions , statements and views and think that you are so compleltely superior that you have turned this into a three ring circus.

Dude, I am a troll... I live at the circus!

You guys are just ****ing pathetic and must have ADD or ADHD , not failing to mention a possibility of a variety of mental disorders.
    Its ok, mouthing off like this is typical when your fantasy world comes crashing down. Take a cold shower and go outside, you will feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    Show me almost any extended groundfight and I will show you hundreds of ways that they are working to improve their advantage that clueless people like you are completely unaware of.

Impractical? Well, unfortunately, it's one's only choice if he is taken down by a skilled ground fighter.
    This is not what we are talking about.

In MMA fights where two guys spend more time wrestling and either the bell is rung for the round or the ref makes them stand back up because of inactivity, Is this or is this boring and because nothing is really going on ??? YES OR NO???

BECAUSE THIS IS THE CASE MORE TIME THAN NOT NO MATTER HOW SKILLED A GROUND GRAPPLER THEY ARE>

Is rolling around on the ground for any extended period of time impractical in a street fight , YES OR NO???

And if a skilled ground fighter is one the the ground will he not find someway to end the fight quickly by submission because of this impracticality, YES OR NO??
    and/ or get back to his feet, YES OR NO??

I realized that I have to ask you guys direct YES OR NO questions and remind you of those options so that you do not get distracted and go off onsome tangent, take what is asked and ignore it, or take it out of context.

Answer the questions the way they are asked Yes OR NO. It is that SIMPLE.

Thank You

Exclamation *cough*

Just a gentle reminder to be civil.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

you see....

this is exactly what I am talking about, can not read and comprehend, take things out of context , not to mention acting immature and idiotic, etc. whatever,

I am done with you guys........

if anyone wants to discuss this on a mature level and have some serious dialog with minimal ego and an open mind let me know.

Oh wait I forgot you are trolls I thought I was dealing with people that lived in reality and had some type of educations and/ or more knowledge on the subjects that are being discussed... ...My bad.

if anyone wants to discuss this on a mature level and have some serious dialog with minimal ego and an open mind let me know
    translation... those who only tink like me may play with my ball

Oh wait I forgot you are trolls I thought I was dealing with people that lived in reality and had some type of educations and/ or more knowledge on the subjects that are being discussed...
    This is like a retarded person calling someone else retarded

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    In MMA fights where two guys spend more time wrestling and either the bell is rung for the round or the ref makes them stand back up because of inactivity, Is this or is this boring and because nothing is really going on ??? YES OR NO???
    It is boring to you because you don't know that things really are going on.
    Is it boring to most people? Yes, because most people don't know what is going on.

And if a skilled ground fighter is one the the ground will he not find someway to end the fight quickly by submission because of this impracticality, YES OR NO??
    and/ or get back to his feet, YES OR NO??
    Not if he is the guy on the bottom and the other guy is also skilled.

Is rolling around on the ground for any extended period of time impractical in a street fight , YES OR NO???
    Impractical? Reality is not always practical.

Here is an old clip that demonstrates my point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpzLlWZIiXo

This was a NHB (everything was legal) match between my friend John and a kung fu guy who was much smaller. John was a BJJ purple belt at the time. He took the KF guy down and broke his arm.

If someone with that size differntial took you down on the street, what options would you have, other than to take the time to work to defend and improve your postition so that the arm break could not be applied?
    Last edited by Knifefighter; 07-10-2007 at 09:34 PM.

Well, since you say you are done...... we will no longer see any replies from you? I am betting we see at least 3 more. Anyone willing to take bets and place odds?
    Last edited by Notintheface; 07-10-2007 at 09:42 PM.

OMG Don't put that on here that is actual combat skill... breaking his arm, THAT BULLY!!! He should have poked the bjj guy in the butt hole!

Quote Originally Posted by Notintheface View Post
    No I'm just gonna say that you are a ****ing noob In mass warfare hand arts are the least important of skills because weapon skill comes first. As combat has changed, the more H2HC is pushed even further into the background so that nullifies what you are saying.

Do you think eye pokes and fake elbow breaks is what they used on the battle field? Oh I forgot your kind believes in the death touch
    No SH!T??? THAT IS PART OF THE REASON I DO CMA. I am a nostalgic kind of person. I study all the aspects of CMA . It is not just forms and impractical applications for me. this is why I do not run A mc Kwoon or belong to one anymore.

How does this nullify what I am saying???

What if you did not have a weapon, @$$HOLE , Or it was taken from you , were they just supposed to put their hands up in the @$$E$ up in the air and say I give up?? DUH

As for the video I have seen that before and that" kung fu guy was a hack and deserved what he got, it was impractical and most likely would not have happened on the street like that. Someone would have come along and stopped it or it would have ended alot quicker.

The shoot or tackle would not have worked against a skilled fighter.

This is not what I was saying or talking about , learn to read and comprehendiam aware of what is going on when two guys are wrestling on the ground. I already stated this and I wish you would really stop taking what I say out of context.
    Last edited by tattooedmonk; 07-10-2007 at 09:45 PM.

I do not run A mc Kwoon
    Didn;t you just leave one recently lol

What if you did not have a weapon, @$$HOLE , Or it was taken from you , were they just supposed to put their hands up in the @$$E$ up in the air and say I give up?? DUH
    You punch them in the face ?

oh wait wrong answer.. I will turn my keys into a dealt weapon because it is actually a kubotan, or whatever it is called, and I will wait for them to swing at me with a long arching blowing coming from the right side. i will then rush forward using monkey footwork and dig my keys into his throat thus ending the fight. Is that correct.....? Then I will calmly walk away lol Dude you are making this to easy for me!