Thread: Couture vs The Rock

Couture vs The Rock

UFCjunkie.com (www.ufcjunkie.com) has learned that UFC heavyweight champion Randy Couture is set to star in "The Scorpion King: The Akkadian," a major motion picture from Universal Studios.
    The film will be a prequel to the 2002 film "The Scorpion King" starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, which in turn was a prequel to the films "The Mummy" (1999) and "The Mummy Returns" (2001).

"It's my first lead in a feature film," Couture told UFCjunkie.com. "I'm playing the Rock's nemesis, but it's a teenage Rock in this movie. It's a prequel to the others, and I'm the bad warrior king. I leave Oct. 3 for South Africa to begin shooting."

This will be Randy's first starring role and his second feature casting since he recently completed shooting the mixed-martial-arts drama "Red Belt" for director David Mamet. "Red Belt" also stars former "Home Improvement" star Tim Allen, as well as Shooto and PRIDE Fighting Championships veteran Enson Inoue.

Couture, a UFC Hall of Famer, came out of retirement earlier this year to defeat Tim Sylvia for the heavyweight championship. Since the UFC 68 victory, Couture has reemerged as one of MMA's biggest stars.

Couture next fights against Gabriel Gonzaga in the main event of UFC 74. The event takes place Aug. 25 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. The fight card also features a bout between former welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre and top contender Josh Koscheck (the winner of that fight will earn a title shot in early 2008).

Randy's the man!
    Sapere aude, Justin.

The map is not the Terrain.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford

awesome. However, I didn't know "the scorpion king" was a prequel to "the mummy"...
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

ya, first one brandon frasier fights the mummy. second brandon frasier fights the mummy, bunch of thousand year old dead things and in the end the scorpion lking is ressurected(as a half scorpion half rock thing) to kill the mummy. they briefly tell the story of the scorpion king in the second. so, the mummy was in the 20's to 40's or so. scorpion king, um.... a little while longer ago.
    A BJJ player and notorious pimp, Da Big Deezy, in the Crenshaw district tried to "raise up" and "slap a ho" ..... I impaled him with my retractible naginata. I wish there were more groundfighters in the world. They make my arsenal that much more deadly. - john takeshi

LIKE FROG IN WELL LOOKING UP AT SKY,THINKING SEE ALL WORLD. - truthman

The previous movies in the series were interesting. I hope this one is of the same quality or better.

scorpion king was ok. i enjoyed it. although there were a few moments that were hard to sit through. i believe they were when the rock's character was in the desert camp with the big guy from green mile. a few of there dialogues were pretty bad.
    A BJJ player and notorious pimp, Da Big Deezy, in the Crenshaw district tried to "raise up" and "slap a ho" ..... I impaled him with my retractible naginata. I wish there were more groundfighters in the world. They make my arsenal that much more deadly. - john takeshi

LIKE FROG IN WELL LOOKING UP AT SKY,THINKING SEE ALL WORLD. - truthman

I felt as though the Scorpion King was a pretty bad movie. Hopefully a prequel to a horrible prequel won't destroy this series like the first Scorpion King almost did.

I liked the Sonny Chiba scenes, but the rest were sort of bland.
    I stand on the Mesa and look down at the vastness of my world and i realize how truly small you all are in it. This has been my greatest enlightenment. None of you are important, and you will never truly be free individuals until you surrender to my instruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokhopkuen View Post
    Being the idiot I am...

Quote Originally Posted by John Takeshi View Post
    I liked the Sonny Chiba scenes, but the rest were sort of bland.
    Sonny Chiba wasn't in The Scorpion King.
    Sapere aude, Justin.

The map is not the Terrain.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford

Then who was that Japanese alchemist who accidentally inflated the baloon and left the mother and daughter (with the map tatooed on her back) stranded in that island fortress?
    I stand on the Mesa and look down at the vastness of my world and i realize how truly small you all are in it. This has been my greatest enlightenment. None of you are important, and you will never truly be free individuals until you surrender to my instruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokhopkuen View Post
    Being the idiot I am...