Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: How Does One Defeat Gracie Jujistu ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Forrer View Post
    He said he was tapped by Rickson...not that he tapped him. BTW do me a favour - get Kron to show you his choke from within the bottom guys half guard that he does in competition and then tell us how he does it
    LOL. My bad. I need to learn how to not read so fast. I'll ask Kron though! I don't have a lesson till next week because of the worlds. I miss BJJ class

Quote Originally Posted by RonH View Post
    I wouldn't want to sprawl and end up on the ground.
    Just stop. You are embarrassing yourself.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

I wouldn't want to sprawl and end up on the ground.

If you sprawled properly, wouldn't you end up neutralizing the takedown though, and then quickly moving to get to the person's back?

Quote Originally Posted by SenseiShellie View Post
    If you sprawled properly, wouldn't you end up neutralizing the takedown though, and then quickly moving to get to the person's back?
    Depends on the sprawl. Several variations leave you in front of your opponent or at an angle (even better), ready to rain down the damage!

Of course, if people study takedowns and their defenses, they will realize this.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Merryprankster View Post
    Depends on the sprawl. Several variations leave you in front of your opponent or at an angle (even better), ready to rain down the damage!

Of course, if people study takedowns and their defenses, they will realize this.
    so basically, you're in a north south position when you sprawl, or while sprawling, you turn the corner? sounds like a good time to me...

RD'S Alias - 1A mentioned that one can sprawl and then, get back onto their feet. While you can have one without the other, I was referring to when you sprawl and end up on your back or your side/whatever and you're on the ground.

Now, it is possible to still remain in control and dominate the situation, while briefly being on the ground and with having the opponent on top/with their arm around your neck/etc., but that would require having the end result with you performing a move that doesn't leave you on your back or with their arm around your neck or whatever.

A big amount of my training consists on keeping myself from being brought down to the ground, even though I have studied ground fighting. There are many advantages to being near or on the ground, whether it is for leverage or for something else, but typically, I don't being on the ground for any extended period of time, unless I'm working on ground fighting.

no, you do a buck back sprawl in combination with a bit of a head snap.

you stuff the incoming shot, stay separated and in a good position to bang.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

RD'S Alias - 1A mentioned that one can sprawl and then, get back onto their feet. While you can have one without the other, I was referring to when you sprawl and end up on your back or your side/whatever and you're on the ground.

Now, it is possible to still remain in control and dominate the situation, while briefly being on the ground and with having the opponent on top/with their arm around your neck/etc., but that would require having the end result with you performing a move that doesn't leave you on your back or with their arm around your neck or whatever.

A big amount of my training consists on keeping myself from being brought down to the ground, even though I have studied ground fighting. There are many advantages to being near or on the ground, whether it is for leverage or for something else, but typically, I don't being on the ground for any extended period of time, unless I'm working on ground fighting.
    I was asking a generalized question. It had nothing to do with your personal training. Merryprankster answered my question.

A big amount of my training consists on keeping myself from being brought down to the ground, even though I have studied ground fighting

Reply]
    If you have studied ground fighting, how come you don't know what a sprawl is?

I was referring to when you sprawl and end up on your back or your side/whatever and you're on the ground.

Reply]
    A sprawl is when your feet scoot back, but your upper body leans down on your incoming opponent. You are on top of them leaning down, driving them into the ground. You don't end up on your back or side with them on top of you. That is what happens when you DON'T Sprawl.

I was referring to when you sprawl and end up on your back or your side/whatever and you're on the ground.

Just keep digging the hole deeper.....
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries

How to beat Charge/Gracie Juijitsu

I would like to put-up later the post I saved on a public computer before the time ran out.

Cross arms; seperate arms when charged hitting side of face/head and intercepting the grabbing clenching-attempt arm (same side as face strike); keep that side foot plantedgo back (lean-ish) at an anglesupport with other leg;-allowin incomming momentum of person by you.

Seperated arms stay apart to guard or use blocking arm to push head at ear/back of head onward...perhaps his body passing near/over you; trip/thr keeping initial planted foot planted.

Should keep the arms from closing and remove you from direct absorbtion of charger's momentum.

I theorize though I review by conceptualization. How this doesn't work would be help full...If you've tried it I'd like to hear since I just came-up with it. If you did it, comments please. If you just have thoughts on how ineffective it sounds, awesome.

But on beating Gracie Juijitsu, they take your time, use leverage and are strong through practice, beat Gracie Juijitsu...Know the possibilities dont get into bad positions or get out things that start to look bad (needs experience or increased perception skill), learn breathing because they boa-it--wear you breathless-ish...

Study Breathings while constricted, Be practical and appropriate; to perhaps beat Gracie Juijitsu, my say.

I No_Know
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

Wow..you say you tapped out my instructor's dad? I find it very hard to believe...especially since he has a record of like 400 and 0 in grappling matches, with an 11-0 MMA record. I seriously find it hard to believe. What is your real name? I'll ask Kron about you, you know, just to verify your claim.
    Just for the record, Rickson is not 400-0 in grappling. He lost a Sambo match to Mark (or was it Ron- one of the two brothers, anyways) Tripp.
    Last edited by Knifefighter; 08-22-2007 at 10:00 PM.

Wow..you say you tapped out my instructor's dad? I find it very hard to believe...
    I find it hard to believe that's how you read that?

Ron Tripp, in a sambo contest BTW
    Last edited by lkfmdc; 08-22-2007 at 10:04 PM.
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Thumbs up 9.0

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Forrer View Post
    Superb trolling, really superb. My hat goes off to you - its a veritable master class. Tell me do you do stand up comedy - if so, when and where?
    Now this is one of the most impressive posts on this thread. I couldn't stand reading RonH's full post and missed this. Nick, you the man. How do you stand reading his ENTIRE post? Your reply gets a solid 9.
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    Just for the record, Rickson is not 400-0 in grappling. He lost a Sambo match to Mark (or was it Ron- one of the two brothers, anyways) Tripp.
    That's what his record says on wikipedia.