Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: How Does One Defeat Gracie Jujistu ?

Quote Originally Posted by RonH View Post

Now, let me be clear about something. If you jump into another thread I am in and, without prompting, bring up the discussion you and I had about chi, I will consider that you have moved full on into a stage where you are stalking me across the board and I will do something I don't want to: contact the management of the board about your stalking, harrassment and derailment of topics. For now, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt that you are able to stop this behavior, but I am not gonna let this continue without doing anything about it.

This will stop one way or another.

LOL! Trying to make "I'll run and tell mommy!" sound like a threat! Priceless!

Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai View Post
    LOL! Trying to make "I'll run and tell mommy!" sound like a threat! Priceless!

Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Originally Posted by RonH

Now, let me be clear about something. If you jump into another thread I am in and, without prompting, bring up the discussion you and I had about chi, I will
    concentrate all my jing in one spot, eat a lot of granola and send a deadly chi blast in your direction!
    Don't say I didn't warn you!
    For now, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt that you are able to recognize the seriousness of this thread, but I am not gonna let this continue without doing anything about it.

This will stop one way or another.
    ooooohhhhh, this might get dangerous
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

It's too common a move. It's one that's often trained against..
    Gee, why do you think that might be?

I wouldn't want to sprawl and end up on the ground..
    I got news for ya, you are very, very likely to end up there.

to fake weakness is good because it gives you better control of the situation..
    Must be a big advantage for you not having to fake it...

By the time you have started any move against anyone, you should already have it laid out in your mind what you want to do as soon as you first lay eyes on your opponent. You also need to keep in mind several 'back up' possibilities that you can switch in and out of, as the fight continues or as something suddenly changes..

LARP-alert

I've trained for fighting/ground fighting against grapplers, wrestlers and other ground fighters..
    They must be god-awful if they haven't knocked any sense into you yet.

Any information I give out online, especially when it comes to martial arts technique, does come with some responsibility. That is why I give warnings.
    You should give a stern warning not to take anything you say seriously.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Originally Posted by RonH

Now, let me be clear about something. If you jump into another thread I am in and, without prompting, bring up the discussion you and I had about chi, I will
    concentrate all my jing in one spot, eat a lot of granola and send a deadly chi blast in your direction! Don't say I didn't warn you!
    For now, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt that you are able to recognize the seriousness of this thread, but I am not gonna let this continue without doing anything about it.

This will stop one way or another."

speaking of ch'i....

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    My post was gone when I got back to the public use computer.

I had mentioned that if it is not seen-ish it is theoretical. Your guess might have come to pass, but it was none the less a guess, in effect. The guy in the space suit would likely burn-up if was to enter~ the sun. However person would not die from sun related. If people are not giving slack... The person in the space suit would perhaps die of some sort of suffocation. As the time to travel from the Earth region to the Sun would be longer than such a persons llikely air supply... Also, the speed the person was traveling...might have died of old age.

The picture lkfmdc posted didn't necessarily have the defender's arm placement as RonH might have been suggesting. With that, it wouldn't necessarily prove RonH's technique suggestion wouldn't work.

I saw a similar if not that technique on the Human Weapon series on the History channel. It seemed as though the technique is usually applied to non-running/charging combatants.

And if the technique was to be applied to a charging Gracie Jujitsu...person might have to be slightly in front or to the side of the person to be locked. One might have to be moving with the opponent to make the connection then maintain that distance to complete the technique.

I No_Know
    Last edited by No_Know; 08-23-2007 at 03:50 PM. Reason: a letter here or there; rounding ot the speak;seperating words
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    A big amount of my training consists on keeping myself from being brought down to the ground, even though I have studied ground fighting

Reply]
    If you have studied ground fighting, how come you don't know what a sprawl is?

I was referring to when you sprawl and end up on your back or your side/whatever and you're on the ground.

Reply]
    A sprawl is when your feet scoot back, but your upper body leans down on your incoming opponent. You are on top of them leaning down, driving them into the ground. You don't end up on your back or side with them on top of you. That is what happens when you DON'T Sprawl.
    The word sprawl has multiple meanings. Given that you said 'or just sprawl enough to neutralize it, and get back to your feet.', I assumed you meant the meaning that involved going to the ground. I thought it was an odd way of describing what you meant, but I went with it anyway.

Boxing in a swimming pool is somewhat difficult. Swimming in a swimming pool is much better.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

The word sprawl has multiple meanings.
    NO, it doesn't, anyone with 10 minutes of wrestling practice would know what a sprawl is. Apparently you do not....

Stick to chi blasts

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

it wasnt multiple attack, jsut one. but i have heard of and scene 2 on 1.

i dont know why i even bother on this board. from what i read on here sounds like most of you should find other arts if you think kung fu is so inferior to BJJ. they both have their plus's. but everyone dogs kung fu. why even take it if you dog it so much?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Thumbs up 9.25

Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai View Post
    Gee, why do you think that might be?

I got news for ya, you are very, very likely to end up there.

Must be a big advantage for you not having to fake it...

LARP-alert

They must be god-awful if they haven't knocked any sense into you yet.

You should give a stern warning not to take anything you say seriously.
    A big thanks for not making the rest of us wade through his posts to get your responses
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    i dont know why i even bother on this board.

Then don't. Pretty simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post

i dont know why i even bother on this board. from what i read on here sounds like most of you should find other arts if you think kung fu is so inferior to BJJ.

yeah, lord forbid we ever question anything, we should blindly follow whatever our teachers tell us, even when it defies common logic and actual experience

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    yeah, lord forbid we ever question anything, we should blindly follow whatever our teachers tell us, even when it defies common logic and actual experience

This is so true. It's one reason BJJ/MMA guys do feel their style is better. A good example someone said earlier was that guard pass that invites a triangle. Once this was shown to be a bad pass by training alive, it was no longer taught by any competant instructor. Too many TMA/CMA arts leave in ineffective techniques only because of tradition, its ridiculous.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    This is so true. It's one reason BJJ/MMA guys do feel their style is better. A good example someone said earlier was that guard pass that invites a triangle. Once this was shown to be a bad pass by training alive, it was no longer taught by any competant instructor. Too many TMA/CMA arts leave in ineffective techniques only because of tradition, its ridiculous.
    Its still in the Gracie "bible".
    Personally I think its because Rorion shaved his mustache and wanted people to suffer.
    Either that or they want people to get crotches shoved in their faces.
    Sick Brasilians !