Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CLF/Plum Blossom in NYC

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    until they fight a battle to the death with sledge hammers, in kung fu slippers, at the land fill, at 4 am, we'll never know, will we?

That's true..if I remember correct yall wrote that CTS held lama in high regard...something like he taught CLF for basics and lama was his fave fighting stratagy!?...so i was curious to find out if parrella likes clf more than lama for fighting...as you know it's a very private world in the lions roar community compared to wing chun, hung gar and choy li fut...they all have movie heroes so everyone knows about them...hop gar etc seems to have a bunch of streetpeeps from back in the day so it's seeming to me you gotta be in the know...kinda just train hard and hope for the best maybe bhudda will bless you with true instruction....??
    peace

Quote Originally Posted by cjurakpt View Post
    Sifu P. does teach Lama, but I believe, and could be wrong, that it's not his emphasis (despite his screen name), whereas I'd say that the inverse was true fro Sifu V.

of the CTS students that I know personally who I believe are teaching publically, I would say that one could reliably study what he taught with any of the following Sifus (in no particular order; and all of whom speak Cantonese): Ventura, Parella, Ross or Innocenzi; if there are others doing so, I either don't know about it, or what they are teaching and how they teach it is highly suspect (e.g. - never learned / forgot a significant amount of material; couldn't speak Chinese and therefore were unable to communicate with Sifu CTS; teach in a very unstructured and haphazzard manner; make strange claims /overstate the nature of their relationship with CTS)
    I'm sure i'll bump into someone in the future making half azzed claims, I'll remember to dig for details within their claims.

of the CTS students that I know personally who I believe are teaching publically, I would say that one could reliably study what he taught with any of the following Sifus (in no particular order; and all of whom speak Cantonese): Ventura, Parella, Ross or Innocenzi; if there are others doing so, I either don't know about it, or what they are teaching and how they teach it is highly suspect (e.g. - never learned / forgot a significant amount of material; couldn't speak Chinese and therefore were unable to communicate with Sifu CTS; teach in a very unstructured and haphazzard manner; make strange claims /overstate the nature of their relationship with CTS)
    Isn't the individual in question a Sifu, nonetheless?

I mean, how did this person become a Sifu under CTS, with all of these shortcomings?
    I'll burn both sides of a bridge while standing in the middle to prove the truth.

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin maximus View Post
    Isn't the individual in question a Sifu, nonetheless?
    who says I am talking about one only particular individual? I can think of at least 3 or 4 people who meet some or all o fthe above criteria;as for the specific person who you are talking about, if you apply those criteria and still can't tell they are FOS, then what difference would it make what I say anyhow? as for someone being a sifu - it's not like there is a state licensure board regulating who says they are a sifu or not; it's not like 99.9% of the general public has the capacity to judge whether or not someone is actually qualified to call themselves that...

I mean, how did this person become a Sifu under CTS, with all of these shortcomings?
    again, I don't know which person you are specifically referring to, but in regards to how someone could have become a sifu under CTS without necessarilly being qualified, well, do you really want that question answered honestly? based on the way you ask the question, I think you would rather keep on living in kung-fu fantasy land...
    Last edited by cjurakpt; 09-03-2007 at 07:33 PM.

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by diego View Post
    That's true..if I remember correct yall wrote that CTS held lama in high regard...something like he taught CLF for basics and lama was his fave fighting stratagy!?...so i was curious to find out if parrella likes clf more than lama for fighting...as you know it's a very private world in the lions roar community compared to wing chun, hung gar and choy li fut...they all have movie heroes so everyone knows about them...hop gar etc seems to have a bunch of streetpeeps from back in the day so it's seeming to me you gotta be in the know...kinda just train hard and hope for the best maybe bhudda will bless you with true instruction....??
    peace
    the simple answer is to call up Sifu P and politely ask him yourself re: the CLF / Lama issue (the answer may not be as glamorous or esoteric as you think)

Quote Originally Posted by diego View Post
    I'm sure i'll bump into someone in the future making half azzed claims, I'll remember to dig for details within their claims.
    you may or may not, it depends where you look;
    Last edited by cjurakpt; 09-03-2007 at 07:34 PM.

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    I do not accept students to do Lama Pai. It's really that simple
    which reminds me Dave - the New Initiates have just about finished learning the Secret Lama Handshakes and can sing the Lama Anthem up to verse 5 ("Lamas are nimble and light on their toes; my respect for Lamas continually grows!") from memory, and are now ready for instruction regarding use of the Decoder Rings; should I have them ready at the Temple by midnight in their jockstraps and monk robes?

who says I am talking about one only particular individual? I can think of at least 3 or 4 people who meet some or all o fthe above criteria;as for the specific person who you are talking about, if you apply those criteria and still can't tell they are FOS, then what difference would it make what I say anyhow? as for someone being a sifu - it's not like there is a state licensure board regulating who says they are a sifu or not; it's not like 99.9% of the general public has the capacity to judge whether or not someone is actually qualified to call themselves that...

again, I don't know which person you are specifically referring to, but in regards to how someone could have become a sifu under CTS without necessarilly being qualified, well, do you really want that question answered honestly? based on the way you ask the question, I think you would rather keep on living in kung-fu fantasy land...
    This thread was obviously addressing one individual in particular. And I'll leave that up to someone else to name.
    Let's not be too coy.
    And he "used" to be listed with the other 3 Sifu under CTS.
    I'll burn both sides of a bridge while standing in the middle to prove the truth.

cjurakpt Guest
    This thread was obviously addressing one individual in particular. And I'll leave that up to someone else to name.
    Let's not be too coy.
    And he "used" to be listed with the other 3 Sifu under CTS.
    again, I personally can think of at least 3 people who fulfill those criteria entirely, and a few more who do partially; therefore, it is reasonable to speak in general terms; that said, I have a pretty clear idea of who you are referring to, and in my estimation that person would fit the criteria I spoke of; however, based on how your questions are worded, I am guessing you have a pesonal attachment to that individual, so you are already predisposed towards doubting what I write; as such, I don't see the point of arguing my experience versus yours;

let's say there was a hypothetical person, who doesn't really exist, who is called "person x"

Lets' say person x studied a bit with CTS, but never bothered to learn Cantonese, never bothered with the little "details", had a horrible memory (and thus forget everything), and most importantly simply couldn't give up all the crap they had learned in the past and often said, out loud, that they could just pass off the crap they had learned in the past as CTS material

Let's say an enitre family, we'll call them the "familia" tried to help this person, tried to show him why the crap he had learned in the past was crap, tried to help them learn CTS material, even tried to help them with their school, but person x never bothered to listen

Let's say that person x's habit of making up bigger whopper's of stories, frequently not only not factual (ie LIES) but silly and impossible and improbable. Let's say "familia" told person x that the entire world saw his stories for what they were and he was making everyone look bad, IE he was warned about his ridiculuous and childish behavior

Let's say the final straw was person x having a nervous breakdown and in a jealous hissy fit doing crap which constituted the "final straw"

I'm just saying, I mean, this is all hypothetical and no such person exists
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

CJurakpt: You have good web-kido and I agree with what you have been saying but,

My question is still unanswered.

CJurakpt: You have good web-kido and I agree with what you have been saying but,

Why does a name need to be written? Sifu Ross' post was very clear, and this whole matter could be left at that.

-David

cjurakpt Guest

which question specifically do you want me to answer?

Quote Originally Posted by CLFLPstudent View Post
    Why does a name need to be written? Sifu Ross' post was very clear, and this whole matter could be left at that.

-David
    No names need be named, we ALL know who we are talking about.

which question specifically do you want me to answer?
    Again with the web-kido.

I'm 40 and about to have double hip replacement, so "rolling" is over for me already.
    hmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....