Page 85 of 276 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 4131

Thread: An Epic of Internet-challenge Stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by boshea View Post
    This bet was initially only about whether or not Rudy shows, but if 1bad65 is willing to add your condition about the winner of the fight also determining the outcome of the bet, then I will add it to my rules.
    The last set RD set out seems fair. I still just want Boshea to judge. I'm pretty new here, I only know him from this thread, but he has told me i'm wrong at times and he has said i'm right at times. I trust him being neutral. I'll accept the ammended rule 4, although if Rudy actually fights I may well die of shock.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

This bet was initially only about whether or not Rudy shows, but if 1bad65 is willing to add your condition about the winner of the fight also determining the outcome of the bet, then I will add it to my rules.

Reply]
    No, the whole reason there IS a bet is because I say it is actually Anthony that is looking to duck the fight. Now, if there ends up actually being a fight, I think there should still be some action.

The last set RD set out seems fair. I still just want Boshea to judge. I'm pretty new here, I only know him from this thread, but he has told me i'm wrong at times and he has said i'm right at times. I trust him being neutral.

Reply]
    I have been here since KFO owned the board, and I want several brick and mortar guys on the panel as well. LKFMDC, Seven Star, Water Dragon, Mas Judt, or Ralek, or guys who have been here 4-5 years, with really high post counts like Masterkiller, plus a few others would be acceptable candidates. No Known enemies of Rudy.

I'll accept the ammended rule 4, although if Rudy actually fights I may well die of shock

Reply]
    What about 1,2 & 3? We are good with them I take it?
    Last edited by RD'S Alias - 1A; 09-06-2007 at 03:17 AM.

1, 2, and 3 are fine. An idea, you select another judge, I'll look at their posts and see if they sound neutral. If I agree we go with him/her and Boshea. It has to unanamous(2-0). Sound ok?

I honestly want someone neutral. Several people here remind me of the OJ jury, no matter what proof, they still won't say Rudy lies/ducks. I'm not gonna make a bet with someone like that as a judge. And Boshea seems to have followed this particular thread too.

FYI, I'll be in and out Friday and possibly Sat/Sun too. Friday is the King of Kombat event and Sat/Sun look to be pretty hectic right now.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

I'm still VERY curious about what city is this supposed to happen in. If I get that info I can quickly confirm if there is indeed an MMA event at a Hard Rock Cafe in that city on Sept 29th.

Let me guess, the promoter's name has to be kept secret too.

If Rudy, or anyone else, can supply that info and it indeed checks out, it would lend alot of credability to Rudy's claims.

there has to be a 3 party panel, in case of an opposing decision. Say one judge rules in your favor, and the other mine.

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    there has to be a 3 party panel, in case of an opposing decision. Say one judge rules in your favor, and the other mine.
    That's why I put that it's gotta be unanamous. We could 'push'.

If you can name 2 guys that I agree can be neutral though, that will be cool. Still think whether its 2 or 3 judges it should have to unanamous. Like a death penalty case.

That Cjurakpt guy sounds ok. Also, seriously, I like Unkokusai. He goofs on Rudy but I think he would man up and eat crow too if Rudy did not duck. Keep in mind, even if I lose the bet and the fight happens, I still get to see Rudy get 'Springered'!

even if I lose the bet and the fight happens, I still get to see Rudy get 'Springered'!

Reply]
    How do you figure? Has Anthony suddenly become a martial arts prodigy from the time he did this clip?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onEP8t76ewg

Short of space alien intervention, or maybe the clip having been filmed in 2000, giving him significant time to improve his game, there is no way that Anthony has what it takes to beat Rudy. He does not even have proper basic footwork. Infact, his foot work is horrible at best, and footwork is one of the most critical things in determining a good fighter.

Rudy on the other hand has pretty good footwork.

Rudy also has 10 times the hand speed and coordination as Anthony.

If Anthony tried for a take down, Rudy would probably just avoid it through his vastly superior footwork.

You can see it by doing a comparison of similar hand drills.

Here is Rudy's, compare all the fundamentals to Anthony's clip above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEiGvSA__Io

If you can name 2 guys that I agree can be neutral though, that will be cool. Still think whether its 2 or 3 judges it should have to unanamous. Like a death penalty case

Reply]
    Nope, majority wins....keep it simple.

[I]
    No, the whole reason there IS a bet is because I say it is actually Anthony that is looking to duck the fight. Now, if there ends up actually being a fight, I think there should still be some action.
    Nope. Not that this point really matters, but let's not twist the facts. 1bad65 suggested the bet in the first place, and its original purpose was to bet on whether or not Rudy shows up. Here it is:

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    I bet that Rudy ducks Anthony, plain and simple.
    How about a 'sig bet'? One month ok? I send you my proposed sig, you send me yours(via PM). If we agree, its a bet. We need an INDEPENDANT judge, as odds are you will say Anthony ducked and I'll say Rudy did. If they fight, I lose automatically. I will accept Boshea as a judge, he seems fair. Sound ok?
    However, I am open to broadening the scope of the bet (as I've stated before), as long as both parties agree to it. And I think a panel of three judges is reasonable. I like SevenStar too, I think he would be neutral. I don't know the others well enough. I've added your suggested changes to the rules.

Boshea, it sounds good. I will indeed admit I lose if the fight happens, even if The Duck does indeed get the Springer treatment.

My goal the entire time has been to make Rudy either show up for once or to be shamed in a massive way when he ducks again. I have been consistant on this.

Long as Boshea agrees, the other two judges are ok woth me. I'm laid back. We will still have to agree on the sig statements, but honestly mine will be in good fun, not to be an *******.

I have no idea what a good sig statement would be, I sugjest we let the board offer thier own ideas for consideration.

My goal the entire time has been to make Rudy either show up for once or to be shamed in a massive way when he ducks again. I have been consistant on this

Reply]
    You have power over him, you can't make him do, or not do anything. If you think your campaign has any influence on him at all, you are delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by boshea View Post
    Nope. Not that this point really matters, but let's not twist the facts. 1bad65 suggested the bet in the first place, and its original purpose was to bet on whether or not Rudy shows up. Here it is:

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    I bet that Rudy ducks Anthony, plain and simple.
    How about a 'sig bet'? One month ok? I send you my proposed sig, you send me yours(via PM). If we agree, its a bet. We need an INDEPENDANT judge, as odds are you will say Anthony ducked and I'll say Rudy did. If they fight, I lose automatically. I will accept Boshea as a judge, he seems fair. Sound ok?
    Hmm, apparently I stand corrected. I dug up this post, which was made by RD before the one that I quoted from 1bad65:

Your signature is wrong...I predict it is Anthony that will be the reason for the fight not happening. If I had to bet, I'd bet Rudy fights whether Anthony shows or not...it's just a matter of who.

I found a Sept. 20 IFL event at Hard Rock Live - Hollywood but nothing listed for the 29th.

I can't make Rudy do anything, nor can ST00, Knifefighter, Anthony, Djimbe's 'infirm' instructor, or Taylor.

As to the fight, if by a miracle of God Rudy shows and fights. Let's refer to the banter by the JFS/Omar/Rudy faction for reference before the Anna/Omar fight. They stated many things were gonna happen:
    1. Anna would duck, as she was scared of Omar and JFS.
    2. Omar was 40lbs bigger and a few inches taller than Anna.
    3. No one else from Bullshido would show as they all were terrified of 'The Beast' John Springer.
    4. Osiris was especially scared of JFS, and had even ducked him before.
    5. JFS was a killing machine, even the great Royce Gracie had refused to fight him.

I think we all saw how those idiots saying that crap had egg on their face after the incident. If this fight actually happens, Rudy is gonna get beat alot worse than JFS and he knows it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    I found a Sept. 20 IFL event at Hard Rock Live - Hollywood but nothing listed for the 29th.

I'm stunned! You don't say!