Page 199 of 276 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209249 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,985 of 4131

Thread: An Epic of Internet-challenge Stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
    NOW I know why propperly recorded Kung Fu challenge matches usually don't happen. They all have clause 6 in the "contract".

Sifu Abel, this was pathetic.
    The voice of reason.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

RUDY,
    PM me a cell number, or a number where you can be reached easily.

Quote Originally Posted by MSphinx View Post
    Here you go. Remember though: What has been seen can never be unseen...

http://x17online.com/celebrities//x1...de_la_hoya.php
    I mean, aside of all the hype, he's quite a dish isn't he...

And I like it how his technique still shows in that pic in fishnet with gloves on.

Tomas

I agree. #6 should at the very least be altered to the point to include all involved parties full rights to the video footage.

easily done IMO.

Does anyone own the rights to this thread? If not, I'm going to publish it in a book form with a possible movie adaptation. I'm thinking of hiring Woody Allen to do the dialogues. Rudy can star as himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    I agree. #6 should at the very least be altered to the point to include all involved parties full rights to the video footage.

easily done IMO.
    #6 needs to be deleted. My name and likeness is my property, and being hired for this project is false.

Our legal team is on this.

I'm thinking of hiring Woody Allen to do the dialogues. Rudy can star as himself.
    Definitely a comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    RUDY,
    PM me a cell number, or a number where you can be reached easily.

OMG! He left his #1 nutrider out of the loop!
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Rudy can star as himself.

The Duck would not show up for filming.

I would ask for FAIR compensation for the video performance if they want to keep #6. By fair I mean what is it worth to you for them to have the video, not $100,000.

Realistically, what's it worth to you to fight Rudy. You seemed to have been prepared to do it for free. What the pay rate for a low level MMA match?

Keep in mind there is no payed attendance or potential profits from the video.

Then it's either drop the clause or pay the man for it. What's the video worth to the other side? Maybe make Anthony a money offer?

If it's not worth anything then drop it. Seems fair to me.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    I would ask for FAIR compensation for the video performance if they want to keep #6. By fair I mean what is it worth to you for them to have the video, not $100,000.
    The $100,000 was, as Rush Limbaugh says, 'demonstrating absurdity by being absurd'.

Realistically, what's it worth to you to fight Rudy. You seemed to have been prepared to do it for free. What the pay rate for a low level MMA match?
    Depends on many factors. I'm sure Brock Lesnar made ALOT more than about 99.99% than other guys make on their debuts.

There well could be potential profits. You cannot say for certain there won't be.

Then it's either drop the clause or pay the man for it. What's the video worth to the other side? Maybe make Anthony a money offer?

Who demanded ALL the right in the first place? Including the rights to EDIT, ADD TO, and TAKE OUT? Ask yourself that...

Yep. Reasonable solution

Pay the man to keep the rights or, drop it all together. Right now it sounds likw they want everything for free.

I know who asked in the first place but there's a week left to iron out this last wrinkle and I'm in favor of it happening. Since you DON'T want it to happen your comments are useless chatter.

And this isn't exactly his MMA debut.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Signing away video rights, as per #6, is common in many competitions, including grappling matches.

Nothing wrong with it as long as he signs one giving away his rights to the video that Anthony makes.

This part needs to be changed...

"Hereby agree that Action Fitness Center will own all copyright ownership of all footage, video or otherwise, of Participant(s), as you are a “work for hire” employee as that term is commonly used in the industry."

... to reflect that each side will own copyrights to their respective videos.

I'm not an attorney, but I did have several business law classes in college. If I remember correctly, a contract needs to have some kind of consideration (i.e. payment) to be enforceable. Not to mention the fact that this document is mixing and matching a realease of liability, informed consent, and contractual obligations all together- which could also make it potentially unenforceable.

Whatever the case, I have a feeling that a halfway decent attorney could find that this is an unenforceable document.

Here's my prediction of how the duckage will occur. Anthony shows up with his own video crew ready to sign the document. The owner of the facility says no "other" recording allowed. Anthony says, "OK... let's do it outside." Owner says, "Not in my parking lot you don't."