Page 233 of 276 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 4131

Thread: An Epic of Internet-challenge Stupidity

Your posts are still there and on bullshido for anyone to see. You were a part of the whole "attitude" of the site which including talking smack that bullshido people never show (proven to be false) and that JFS would own any "BSite" (proven to be false). Furthermore, those themes were expressed with an amazing amount of vitriol that you either tacitly or expressly agreed with. Anyone can go there and see that I am telling the truth.

why are you trying to make this about me?
    Because you are a hypocrite with zero credibility. So all your posturing in this thread is just that, posturing. Some of the good people that post on this board might not know that, so I'm informing them by confronting you over your blatant hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt W. View Post
    Your posts are still there and on bullshido for anyone to see. You were a part of the whole "attitude" of the site which including talking smack that bullshido people never show (proven to be false) and that JFS would own any "BSite" (proven to be false).

Matt, remember that in his little world JFS defeated Osiris.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by boshea View Post
    How would a person such as myself who has never practiced ting jin be able to determine that it is something I should learn...
    There is no way around learning it. One view of it, and I do not consider myself an expert, is the idea that, once contact is made, one's visual of the fight is not as reliable as the cues one gets from contact, so different systems develop different drills to teach cognizance of this, and train responses that seek to capitalize on the specific qualities of that contact, within the guidelines the specific goals of the style demand(in the case of concise styles) or the vocabulary at one's disposal to choose from(in the case of really huge styles that seek to encompass monumental amounts of technique).

It's much easier to call it ting jing.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Well, here is the first part:
    " Seems to me that both would like to uproot/off-balance their opponent. "

That is only a part of clinch work, of course there are various types, the clinch work of MT is not the clinch work of greco-roman, nor the clinch work of freestyle or the clinch work of MMA.
    When was the last time someone grabbed your neck in push hands?
    Ok, here is where I would call it nitpicking. Again, I tend to look at similarities not differences. Plus I'm talking more about fighting, not sport. MT doesn't throw so 'listening' would have very limited use to them.

I never said they were 100% the same but I do still feel they are similar enough for training in one to have an affect on the other. Clinching helps prevent your face getting smashed but I don't think 'listening' has any bearing on that.

What does neck grabbing have to do with it? Doesn't matter what they try to grab, 'listening' should apply.

So is the uproot/off-balance a common component across them all?
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt W. View Post
    So Udel and Embo can carve it an a bowling pin and cram it.
    Did I just catch you paraphrasing Bill Mahoney aka gichoke ca 1997???

Tomas

See I can respect SR because he at least comes from certain angle that he has maintained over the course of two challenges.
    My issues with that past fiasco are well documented and this one, as much as I downplay it, does not bold well.
    I hope that I am wrong and both parties will meet, beat each other and earn some mutual respect.
    That is my hope.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post
    There is no way around learning it. One view of it, and I do not consider myself an expert, is the idea that, once contact is made, one's visual of the fight is not as reliable as the cues one gets from contact, so different systems develop different drills to teach cognizance of this, and train responses that seek to capitalize on the specific qualities of that contact, within the guidelines the specific goals of the style demand(in the case of concise styles) or the vocabulary at one's disposal to choose from(in the case of really huge styles that seek to encompass monumental amounts of technique).

It's much easier to call it ting jing.
    Fine. Yet, if someone doesn't know this basic understanding they should be able to ask for a clarification right?

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    Ok, here is where I would call it nitpicking. Again, I tend to look at similarities not differences. Plus I'm talking more about fighting, not sport. MT doesn't throw so 'listening' would have very limited use to them.

I never said they were 100% the same but I do still feel they are similar enough for training in one to have an affect on the other. Clinching helps prevent your face getting smashed but I don't think 'listening' has any bearing on that.

What does neck grabbing have to do with it? Doesn't matter what they try to grab, 'listening' should apply.

So is the uproot/off-balance a common component across them all?
    I understand your point-of-view and from that, yes, there are commonalities.
    Much like jogging to your car and breaking the world record in the 100 meter dash have commonalities.
    And no, I am not be condecending.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    My issues with that past fiasco are well documented and this one, as much as I downplay it, does not bold well.
    I hope that I am wrong and both parties will meet, beat each other and earn some mutual respect.
    That is my hope.
    I know that is why I can respect your stance in both threads.

Otherwise I wouldn't have brought it up. You said it couldn't end well from the beginning in the JFS/Omar/Kat/Os fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post
    There is no way around learning it.
    It seems to be a part of all fighting styles whether they have a name for it or not. At least all CMA styles but I suspect all styles.

Watching, say, UFC I don't see it having much use except for when clinching. Other than that contact seems to be too brief for it to have much value.

They don't seem to stay very long in striking range where there is longer periods of contact.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Udel View Post
    The examples about feeling your opponent in a clinch make sense to me and I've heard wrestlers talking about that, too. Taiji and CIMA's have a reputation for really developing this skill of listening to, sensing, and predicting an opponent. Whether or not it's real, I can't say with a certainty from personal experience,
    Do you realize how incredibly lame it is to extol the virtues of one thing into the realm of another when you have limited experience with the former and zero experience with the latter?

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Get ready for Oct 1st, Michael. I know I can't wait to gloat.
    1bad, you are confused about something. I'm a spectator just like anyone else for what may or may not happen Oct. 1. I have no influence on Rudy or Anthony, but if I did, well, I don't so it doesn't matter.

Michael, please address why it was said that Omar was 'several inches taller' than Kat.
    Why are you still stuck on the height and weight issue? It's been talked to death. Omar claimed 5' 9". Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. At this point who cares? Are you familiar with optical illusion? In real life, there are three spatial dimensions, commonly known as heighth, length, and width. On video, only two of these dimensions are perceivable, which can create the optical illusion that one thing or person is larger than another when it really is approximately the same size. For example, some of the footage from The Lord of the Rings where Frodo and other hobbits or dwarves were filmed was made to make look like Elijah Wood (Frodo) was much smaller than Ian McKellann (Gandalf), but IRL, they're not so far apart in height as it appeared they are on screen.

What you saw on the video from July 14 may give the impression that Omar is not 5' 9", but it's inconclusive. It is such a dead horse to be beating on now.

Also address how you accuse others of only being able to name-call when JFS is the poster child for that.
    You guys just love to try and move the blame around. What happened on July 14 is the best evidence of why stupid name calling on the Internet can get out of hand. I am not responsible for JFS, so if I criticize Bullshido for something and you say, "But JFS did it," I will respond, "So what?"

Are we having a discussion, or are we just throwing insults at each other? I'm trying to have a discussion and I think when Bullshido members respond to my posts with name calling, it gets in the way. You guys do it a lot, so maybe it's just your thing, but I don't care for it so maybe it's a kind of cultural difference.

On the other hand, character assassination and damaging people's professional reputations without basis is something else entirely.
    "My cookies are clean." some anonymous troll

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas
    Did I just catch you paraphrasing Bill Mahoney aka gichoke ca 1997???
    Busted. It is a little known fact that I am, in fact, a disciple of the Great Gichoke and as much as I like bullshido.net it was he who really "opened my eyes". It is also a little known fact that much of my "cleverness" comes from stealing lines from him that no one else remembers. Or at least, SHOULDN'T remember!

Quote Originally Posted by godzillakungfu View Post
    I know that is why I can respect your stance in both threads.

Otherwise I wouldn't have brought it up. You said it couldn't end well from the beginning in the JFS/Omar/Kat/Os fiasco.
    Holistically speaking, the JFS/Os encounter did not answer the questions that were being asked (effectiveness of Omar's vs Anna's training), but answered questions that were SUPPOSED to be asked (is solo Hakka Tong Long form training effective in program your psyc****toric system to help you in an non-sripted parking lot attack).

I don't think it "didn't end well" at the end. I think the ending was splendid.

Tomas

edit: "psyc****toric" as in "p s y c h o m o t o r i c" you freedom hating nazis!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    Do you realize how incredibly lame it is to extol the virtues of one thing into the realm of another when you have limited experience with the former and zero experience with the latter?
    Yes, I do, which is why I told him up front I'm not the best person to explain this and let him know I'm a beginner and what my experiences are. This is just a conversation between two guys, nothing else.
    "My cookies are clean." some anonymous troll