Page 234 of 276 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244 ... LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 4131

Thread: An Epic of Internet-challenge Stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Udel View Post
    Are you familiar with optical illusion?

You really are delusional.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I understand your point-of-view and from that, yes, there are commonalities.
    Much like jogging to your car and breaking the world record in the 100 meter dash have commonalities.
    And no, I am not be condecending.
    I don't see the similarity as far away from each as your example. Considering grapplers want to get the fight on the ground I would think 'listening' to assist the success of the throw would be essential.

Keep in mind I'm not discussing clinch work but rather 'listening' and it value to the clinch. I'm surprised you would see it as being so insignificant. Maybe you just don't recognize you're doing it when probing for a solution in the clinch.

But I could be wrong. I'm no expert, just my opinion.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Yes, I do, which is why I told him up front I'm not the best person to explain anything and let him know I'm clueless and I have no realistic training experience.

Fixed that for ya.

You know how we at Bullshido love to edit posts.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    My issues with that past fiasco are well documented and this one, as much as I downplay it, does not bold well.
    I hope that I am wrong and both parties will meet, beat each other and earn some mutual respect.
    That is my hope.
    Scroll to the bottom for the tombstone.
    http://z6.invisionfree.com/No_BS_Mar...ex.php?act=idx

There's nothing gonna be friendly about this at all. Rudy lost any chance of that when he threatened my life.

In real life, there are three spatial dimensions, commonly known as heighth, length, and width. On video, only two of these dimensions are perceivable, which can create the optical illusion that one thing or person is larger than another when it really is approximately the same size. For example, some of the footage from The Lord of the Rings where Frodo and other hobbits or dwarves were filmed was made to make look like Elijah Wood (Frodo) was much smaller than Ian McKellann (Gandalf), but IRL, they're not so far apart in height as it appeared they are on screen.
    Hey, the man has a point here!
    Somewhere....

I have done clinch work in boxing and MT, and in wrestling and I have done push hands in Chen taiji.

There are more differences than similarities, but if you choose to focus on the similarities then, yes, the listening/reading is there.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Dude, you came on here with your ramblings. He is pointing out that the last time you did this, events that later happened showed you have no idea what you are talking about.

Not only did you say Omar was gonna destroy Kat, you were riding JFS' nuts as well. Then after he was handed his ass, you further embarrassed yourself by trying to spin the fight as a JFS' victory.

And you are record saying The Duck is gonna beat Anthony too, aren't you? Not only is he not going to beat Anthony, I bet he doesn't even fight him in the first place. But you will still find a way to spin it as a decisive victory for The Duck.
    Wrong on all counts.
    "My cookies are clean." some anonymous troll

Wrong on all counts.

The denial continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt W. View Post
    as much as I like bullshido.net it was he who really "opened my eyes".
    How come so many people have to have their "eyes opened"? Are there really that many clueless fighters out there?

Seriously, I thought peeps were just talking sheet when they rail against these 'clueless fighters' like Don Quixote tilting at windmills. It's beginning to look like it's serious.

Guess I keep forgetting there are guys that grew up without ever having to fight. Must have been some really nice childhoods but I can't really see how that's possible.

It's just like the people that are surprised at the violence of some criminals. What do they think happens during an assault or a murder. Do they think they're clean and tidy no mess killers?

Man, we are way too shielded from reality in modern society.

Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony_ATT View Post
    Scroll to the bottom for the tombstone.
    http://z6.invisionfree.com/No_BS_Mar...ex.php?act=idx

There's nothing gonna be friendly about this at all. Rudy lost any chance of that when he threatened my life.
    I really think it was just a joke in bad taste.

How come so many people have to have their "eyes opened"?
    In my case it was because I had very little "real fight" experience as a kid (just a few shoving matches) and then trained MA at a place where they taught that the techniques we were learning were too deadly to spar with. Mind you, they were just kicks and punches. I'm not even talking about eye gouges and whatnot!

Must have been some really nice childhoods but I can't really see how that's possible.
    Welcome to middle class suburbia in the States.

Although even violent, high crime inner city areas have their share of bullshido. Reference the growing interest in that nonsense they call "52 handblocks".

Quote Originally Posted by Matt W. View Post
    Welcome to middle class suburbia in the States.

Although even violent, high crime inner city areas have their share of bullshido. Reference the growing interest in that nonsense they call "52 handblocks".
    I just thought everyone grew up fighting (with few exception). I remember years ago at work there was a 20 yo kid from NYC that told me he never had a fight in his life and that to me was unbelievable. But I thought he was in the minority.

Anyhow, 52 Blocks/JHR/Comstock Shuffle is just prison fighting. Don't thinks it's a cohesive fighting style.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    I just thought everyone grew up fighting (with few exception). I remember years ago at work there was a 20 yo kid from NYC that told me he never had a fight in his life and that to me was unbelievable. But I thought he was in the minority.

Anyhow, 52 Blocks/JHR/Comstock Shuffle is just prison fighting. Don't thinks it's a cohesive fighting style.
    The vast majority of people in MA have never gotten into a fight in their lives.
    Even in sport combat systems, the percentage of people that have gotten into fights outside their chosen sport is pretty low.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    Yes, but there are people who believe it is just as organized as BJJ.

That being said, it's not clear from reading the entire post you're referring to that Omar meant that someone "hacked" Jack Rusher's account, or that "edited" meant that Jack's post was quoted and re-interpreted. I think the latter, but you'd have to ask Omar.
    That would be a definition of editing I have never heard of before (1,2,3,4,5); and since members of that site (and this forum) regularly accuse Bullshido admins of secretly editing posts, I'll have to go with the former. If you could show me a dictionary definition of editing that means 'quoted and re-interpreted' it would be nice.

Considering that Jack later posted in the same threads after his initial recounting of events, I seriously doubt anyone is suggesting that his post was hacked because Jack probably would have noticed and said something.
    Omar would be crazy to even think that. srsly.