Page 255 of 276 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257265 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,825 of 4131

Thread: An Epic of Internet-challenge Stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai View Post
    All due respect having been given and all that, rudy still hasn't taken the 'tombstone' for Anthony off his website. That's not looking too good.
    He's probably dealing with a headache right now. Anthony once "gingerly" dropped his knee on my chest in KoB and my head turned purple. I'd hate to think what it felt like taking one of those to the head.

Hell, I think there's a picture of it somewhere...

http://www.bullshido.net/images/phrost-purplehead.jpg
    Site Director, Bullshido.com
    No BS Martial Arts

Lets put this bull**** about I can't grapple to rest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIu8uzwU8oI

RD, with all due respect you are completely wrong about the Os/JFS fight. Please understand that. Os would out grapple you easily and being one who isn't versed in that skill there is little you can judge about it. Os controlled the fight and did exactly as his level of training would dictate. He beat JFS, period.
    Last edited by Asia; 10-02-2007 at 07:58 AM.
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Emperor of Baji!!!

(Spellcheck by Chang Style Novice!)

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    Size and strength DO matter though.
    Yes they do but skill and experience trumps that.
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Emperor of Baji!!!

(Spellcheck by Chang Style Novice!)

That depends on if the skill exceeds the mass or not.

God D`MN! SOMEONE PLEASE fight RD next!

Annoying twat!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by OsirisBJJ View Post
    Lets put this bull**** about I can't grapple to rest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIu8uzwU8oI
    it's only rd saying that, just ignore him. Your g n p wasn't as pretty as fedor's, but whose is?
    Bless you

Dang, I got back to my daughter's place in Palm Beach and she didn't have an Internet connection. And I didn't bring my laptop so no early results.

Anyhow, as you all can see now it was a great fight. Went down pretty much how I expected regardless of what either one claimed they were going to do to the other.

I suspected Anthony didn't have the hands to really hang with Rudy and I felt the same about Rudy's ground game compared to Anthony.

Rudy seemed to handle the height and weight difference real well but Anthony was able to weather the storm until he got it to the ground where he was more comfortable. I think he wanted to trade blows until he saw what Rudy had and did the smart thing by getting it to the ground where he has the edge.

I would have thought Rudy would have spent the last 3 months on groundwork but I think his confidence in his punch clouded his judgment. Nice if it works but you have to have a plan B.

Not to take anything away from Anthony but it's my opinion Rudy defeated himself. I think one of the biggest tools you can have in a fight is having been there in the past. I get the feeling that was lacking at Rudy's end. He didn't know where to go in an unfamiliar situation.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    God D`MN! SOMEONE PLEASE fight RD next!

Annoying twat!
    I get the impression that's what he attempting to provoke.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Rudy seemed to handle the height and weight difference real well but Anthony was able to weather the storm until he got it to the ground where he was more comfortable. I think he wanted to trade blows until he saw what Rudy had and did the smart thing by getting it to the ground where he has the edge.
    Excellent read, Rudy seemed to even man-handle Anthony at certain points to "shut down" the attempted takedown.

I think it may well have been a case of "over confidence" in his striking like you said, according to Anthony, Rudy certainly hits hard, it just that fighting a grappler tends to screw up your punches unless you spend alot of time training striking on good grapplers.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Rudy,

Thanks for manning up. Glad you proved many of us wrong. I'm also glad you showed that there are some Kung fuers that can strike hard. I hope you take this loss (win for everyone concerning respect/class wise) for what it was, a learning experience.

Adding a ground game won't corrupt your kung fu. I hope people will come away from this escapade and learn that little fact.

Good job Anthony.

in regards to the JFS/Osiris deal.

i think both sides of this are right, in a way.

I would certainly like to see JFS vs. Osiris, toe to toe in a ring. But we all know JFS isnt going to man up for that.

but that would really be the only way to get a straight view of these guys fighting. Cant really pull of a flying sneak attack jump kick to someones back in a ring after the ref calls "fight".

but anyhow, I dont think that whole ordeal shows too much other than what it shows. No supereb skill from either side, it was a scuffle that ended as fast as it started. that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    The problem is that RD is weighing in on grappling without having any idea how to grapple.

At this point I don't care if CMA stylists magically discover a lost lineage going back to 1890's Brazil; whatever it takes to get you people to recognize the importance of alive training in all ranges...

I mean, I know it must be hard to roll around on the ground in floppy pants and sashes, but come on, your costumes shouldn't be more important than your fighting ability.

Wake up, swallow your pride, and don't let the next 5/10/20/30 years of your training all be invalidated by someone who's only been doing serious grappling training for a year or two.

This is an important post right here. Here is my opinion on this matter:

All in due time. The CMA community at large is being taught by those with seniority in the community. The current generation of teachers.

People, like myself, who are inolved in TMA are not blind. There are many who are, yes, but there ARE those who are not.

It is the individuals who have the open eyes that will decide the not-to-distant future of CMA in regards to modern sport combat.

Once my generation, and those close to it, are in the rolls of coaches and teachers, you will see a change.

You can already see this in todays market. Not on a large scale, but certainly to some degree.

It's a natural state of evolution, call it natural selection. The strong will prevail, the weak will perish. Those of the CMA community that are of the strong will understand the need to incorporate influences outside the realm of their current studies, IE: strictly CMA.

Now whether this comes under the guise of CMA incorporating modern training methodologies, or TMA material being more pevelant in a modern sport setting, its hard to say.

I am of the mindset that this will develop both ways.

If you look around, this change is starting to happen, be it small and not very noticable, if you look for it, it is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    If you look around, this change is starting to happen, be it small and not very noticable, if you look for it, it is there.
    Yeah, maybe. But since people right now are getting ripped off and wasting years of their lives pursuing sub-optimal training methods under the illusion that they're actually learning how to fight, the occasional shoe to the aѕѕ via gong sau to help the winds of change blow that much harder, is a very good thing.
    Site Director, Bullshido.com
    No BS Martial Arts

but anyhow, I dont think that whole ordeal shows too much other than what it shows. No supereb skill from either side, it was a scuffle that ended as fast as it started. that is all.

Reply]
    This is pretty much my whole point.

As for the evolution of CMA, I think it's already evolved as much as it needs to be. It just needs to actually be practiced properly IEthe old school way before teaching endless sequences of forms replaced actual fight training.

The only minor issue is that back in those days people stayed off the ground because it is a dangerous place to be, and it was not very likely your opponent would follow you there even if he slammed yoou there in the first place. Even if he did, he stood on his feet and kicked you while you were down, rather than go down with you. Today however, this is pretty much forgotten, because of the popularity of ring sports.

So, that all having been said, if Kung Fu players are going to enter the ring, they need to add a little ground grappling to thier arsenal. That aspects just not covered in arts that had to face serious threats of bodily harm from opponents who were probably armed with some sort of a knife...or backed up by thier surrounding companions.

One day, someone will explain to me why one would be reluctant to add something that works to his/her MA arsenal.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !