Page 261 of 276 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,915 of 4131

Thread: An Epic of Internet-challenge Stupidity

Question, How many hours do they spend on the ground, VS all the other stuff in that big huge list of skills? Are they doing like 90% Ground fighting like a BJJ school? or is it like 2% of thier training becasue going to the ground on purpose is just stupid, and they only train it as a last resort in case they are forced there against their will?

In reality, they avoid anything remotely associated to the BJJ style of fighting 99% of th time. BJJ style fighting is used ONLY when no other option is feasible or tactically advantageous.

Along that line, how much time do they spend on empty hand skills compared to fire arms skills?

Also, I think the USMC gets superior training to the army anyway because they have more dangerous jobs. so bringing up the ground training of the army is pointless as they are merely support for the USMC (who does the real hard core fighting anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    I thought the almighty BJJ PROVED pressure points don't work!!!

As someone pointed out earlier, alot of the H2H being used now is for prisoners. A guy in my gym is a police officer and a BJJ Purple Belt. He was tought pressure points in the police academy. Not as a way to end a conflict, but as a kind of a 'move along' technique. He uses it for that at his job, yet when he fights in a cage he does not use pressure points. They are not totally useless, they have their place.

And does it really matter what military guys like MK or Asia say anyway? You will just ignore their posts and say they are wrong anyway.

The ARMY uses BJJ as a base because you can safely train with 100% intention and it breeds aggression and competiveness into soldiers...the same reason most armies in history have trained empty-hand fighting since the sword was invented and made open-hand figthing obsolete on the battlefield.
    [COLOR="red"]
    Reply]
    It is doubtfull they train it very seriously. Going to the ground in live life thretening conditions will gte you killed/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Asia View Post
    I tell you what, go to Iraq, and pull Guard when you run out of ammo and see how that works for you.
    This actually has happened at least three times that I know of. It worked out great for the soldiers involved. One was engaged in a fight and used the guard and scissor sweep to eventually kill the insurgent after achieving the dominant position. Did you forget that I teach this very skill set to troops? Its been proven in battle.
    Hmmm, whose opinion could possibly be more credible in this, the guy who's active duty military, helps teach their combatives program, and has done foreign tours, or Royal Dragon? It's such a difficult decision.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

Question, How many hours do they spend on the ground, VS all the other stuff in that big huge list of skills? Are they doing like 90% Ground fighting like a BJJ school? or is it like 2% of thier training becasue going to the ground on purpose is just stupid, and they only train it as a last resort in case they are forced there against their will?

In reality, they avoid anything remotely associated to the BJJ style of fighting 99% of th time. BJJ style fighting is used ONLY when no other option is feasible or tactically advantageous.
    I worry about you sometimes.

Along that line, how much time do they spend on empty hand skills compared to fire arms skills?

Also, I think the USMC gets superior training to the army anyway because they have more dangerous jobs. so bringing up the ground training of the army is pointless as they are merely support for the USMC (who does the real hard core fighting anyway)
    Yep, worry, worry, worry.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

And does it really matter what military guys like MK or Asia say anyway? You will just ignore their posts and say they are wrong anyway.

Reply]
    I don't think MK is in the military. He just trains with a guy. His credibility is on par with mine since we both just "Know a guy in the USMC"

As for Asia, when he teaches his troops, is he spending 90% of his effort teaching them BJJ? or is he following what we see on the Human Weapon episode where BJJ is taught, but is a very minor part of the curriculum, of which MOST is opposed to BJJ strategical tactics?

I know everyone has some sort of sexual attachment to BJJ, but it's really a minuscule part of military hand to hand....for all the same reasons I have been touting for years.

I think RD needs to get some DVDs of 'ER' and 'House'. Then he can tell surgeons how to do their jobs the right way.

Reply]
    What exactly is the Army's function compared to the USMC?

I think RD needs to get some DVDs of 'ER' and 'House'. Then he can tell surgeons how to do their jobs the right way.

Reply]
    That would never work. I need video's of real surgeons. ER and House will just tell me what I need to know to coach your acting skills if you were planning to play a doctor on TV.

Reply]
    What exactly is the Army's function compared to the USMC?

have you served?

Reply]
    I don't think MK is in the military. He just trains with a guy. His credibility is on par with mine since we both just "Know a guy in the USMC.
    I am not military. But I trained 3 days a week with combatives instructors for 2 years, including one Level 3 instructor, four Level 2 instructors, and about twenty Level 1 instructors.

I currently have two Level 1 graduates in my class, and one Level 2 graduate.

I think that trumps your one USMC guy.

have you served?

Reply]
    No. My Father was an Airforce MP though...not that that counts.

I am not military. But I trained 3 days a week with combatives instructors for 2 years, including one Level 3 instructor, four Level 2 instructors, and about twenty Level 1 instructors.

I currently have two Level 1 graduates in my class, and one Level 2 graduate.

I think that trumps your one USMC guy.

Reply]
    Ok.

So what percentage of the curriculem is BJJ? Do they spend 90% of thier hand to hand time on it, or do they spend like 2-3% and the rest on more practical stuff?

Also, is BJJ the over all governing style, meaning they advocate going to the ground first, or is the military combatives more centered on avoiding the ground (Non BJJ), and only going there if forced?

have you served?

Reply]
    No. My Father was an Airforce MP though...not that that counts.
    I don't think you are qualified to judge ANYTHING about the Army or the corp or the military.
    And yes, making a comment on something like you did, is passing a judgement.
    And FYI, most marines thought the LINE training your friend probably was exposed to, was even worse than what they the army does.

Another thing, what is your thought on all the Military guys who were on all the forums in disaproval at bringing in BJJ to the military hand to hand when it first happened?