View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 528 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 284284785185265275285295305385786281028 ... LastLast
Results 7,906 to 7,920 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi warrior View Post
    has anyone compared sd's mantis with other styles of mantis? If so how does sd's mantis match up, and what style does it most closely resemble?
    Go watch the famed Denver video & then go Google Brendan Lai, Shr Zheng Zhong, Sun De Yao, etc... and let us know what you think...
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by sean_stonehart View Post
    Go watch the famed Denver video & then go Google Brendan Lai, Shr Zheng Zhong, Sun De Yao, etc... and let us know what you think...
    Yes...yes...yes....let's go find some guy in Denver who does this for fun, and then let's go find one of the most renowned masters in China and the US who's trained since he was a toddler, and put them side-by-side.

Or, let's go get some white high school point guard who's about 5'6", and put him up against Kobe Bryant or Amare Stoudemire. Or let's take the overweight linebacker on the same high school's football team, and throw him into the defensive line against a Pro Bowl team.

Yes....yes....yes....I see it now. You're RIGHT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    Yes...yes...yes....let's go find some guy in Denver who does this for fun, and then let's go find one of the most renowned masters in China and the US who's trained since he was a toddler, and put them side-by-side.
    Well since you want to be ****ty about it, there's footage from the 60's/70's of Brendan Lai's students doing a two man set. Or there's the video of ST where he's doing a piece of the SD "Tang Lang Chien"... doesn't that fit your description?

Or, let's go get some white high school point guard who's about 5'6", and put him up against Kobe Bryant or Amare Stoudemire.
    They did. He was a little taller & has more melanin in his skin but his name is Lebron.

At 5'8" Spudd Webb spanked lots of tall NBA ass in his day too...

Or let's take the overweight linebacker on the same high school's football team, and throw him into the defensive line against a Pro Bowl team.
    Now that's not fun since the highschool kid hasn't had a chance to be on roids as long as the other guys....

Yes....yes....yes....I see it now. You're RIGHT!!!!!
    Nope far from it...
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Wookie? Why dont you post a vid of yourself doing some SD mantis. Then we will counter post to the level at which you are at in SD,as best we can,to some traditional mantis players who are at your level and then we can compare. The point that Sean is making here are the comparisons to movement and authenticity(yet again another debate here that goes round and round).

TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Well since you want to be ****ty about it,
    I'm on hour 27 of 28 straight hours of work on a shift at my weekend job/shift at weekday job/ shift at weekend job (state holiday).......back-to-back-to-back. Of course I'm going to be......snotty about it. LOL..... I'm trying to stay awake.

They did. He was a little taller & has more melanin in his skin but his name is Lebron.

What are you talking about? Lebron was born a full grown man, goatee and all. He didn't get birthed. He jumped out of his mother's vagina, windmilled, and slammed the placenta onto the light over the examination table, then got a shoe contract, and joined the NBA, all in his first month. He was originally a twin, but he ate his brother, just for the protein.

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword View Post
    Wookie? Why dont you post a vid of yourself doing some SD mantis. Then we will counter post to the level at which you are at in SD,as best we can,to some traditional mantis players who are at your level and then we can compare. The point that Sean is making here are the comparisons to movement and authenticity(yet again another debate here that goes round and round).

TWS
    I tried. I've got an 8mm tape, and I managed to get it to DVD-R at the DVD recorder at work, but couldn't convert it further without investing in equipment, so I just sent it to my family to enjoy. I planned getting it on Youtube so my entire fam could see it, but don't have the technology for it, and dropping a couple hundred bucks on video cards and **** for 1 time use just isn't smart.
    Last edited by Shaolin Wookie; 10-08-2007 at 12:24 PM.

I tried. I've got an 8mm tape, and I managed to get it to DVD-R at the DVD recorder at work, but couldn't convert it further without investing in equipment, so I just sent it to my family to enjoy. I planned getting it on Youtube so my entire fam could see it, but don't have the technology for it.
    Just in case you are interested...

1. Plug the 8mm camera into your computer with a firewire cable (probably how you got it to the DVD burner, yes?).
    2. Open Windows Movie Maker.
    3. Record the clip onto your harddrive.
    4. Save as MPEG.
    5. Upload to Youtube.

I thought you had to have some kind of video adapter card in your computer, no? I used a DVD Recorder hooked to a TV, not a computer. So it was more like a VCR.

The cable I had was just a simple video/mono audio cable, two prongs for the recorder, two for the camcorder.

I've got a ****ty computer at home. No access to a better one.

TWS
    You and Sean know some, right?

Got access to a cam?

I thought you had to have some kind of video adapter card in your computer, no? I used a DVD Recorder hooked to a TV, not a computer. So it was more like a VCR.

The cable I had was just a simple video/mono audio cable, two prongs for the recorder, two for the camcorder.

I've got a ****ty computer at home. No access to a better one.
    You don't have to have a video card capture card if your camera and computer have firewire ports or USB ports.

Your stuff sounds too old.

You and Sean know some, right?

Got access to a cam?

Yes I do.

No I don't.

At this point though, the CLF would override any PM body mechanics so it'd look like crap.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    You don't have to have a video card capture card if your camera and computer have firewire ports or USB ports.

Your stuff sounds too old.
    Not mine, borrowed from girlfriend's dad. I should've invested in decent camcorders, rather than throwin' my loot away on grad school.

i HAD video capabilities on my sh!tty little digi cam but it went the way of the dodo bird and i am out of pocket. The form that i would do on cam would be the bung bo form i learned years ago. NOT the SD version but the version from my Traditional Teacher. sooner or later i will get something on vid. but for now i will just post vids of other peoples stuff to discredit your stuff wookie TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

i HAD video capabilities on my sh!tty little digi cam but it went the way of the dodo bird and i am out of pocket. The form that i would do on cam would be the bung bo form i learned years ago. NOT the SD version but the version from my Traditional Teacher. sooner or later i will get something on vid. but for now i will just post vids of other peoples stuff to discredit your stuff wookie TWS
    If you can't tell, I'm not a sensitive guy. I've got some sweet capoeira footage....well, not that sweet, but pretty sweet for about 6 months of study, and my crane, staff work, and China Hands look pretty good for my level. Can't say my mantis is anything to brag about (not that I have much....though I'm getting the hang of White Monkey STP), but ****, I'd put it out there anyways.....LOL.....

I'm trying to see if my friend can do what I'm looking to do. Primarily, I'm looking to post for my family, but if inquiring minds want to peep, **** 'em....LOL......

I was just jokin' about you TWS and Sean........playing Devi'ls Advocate....

This is 2007. Everyone here knows someone with a decent camera. It is not rocket science.