View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 533 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 334334835235315325335345355435836331033 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 7,995 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    *sends email to JP's wife*
    No, I literally pitched a tent. One of those play-tents for my daughter's birthday party coming up. What were you guys thinking of? Jeez....
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    No, I literally pitched a tent. One of those play-tents for my daughter's birthday party coming up. What were you guys thinking of? Jeez....

Ws

Off the subject hows your Mom been KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

KC.

Mom is doing well. She is still working in Geriatrics and floating to a couple of Nursing facilities in cedar park , Round Rock and Marble Falls. She is "on call" for most of the facilities. All is well.
    Tahnks for Asking, Peace, TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Eastern State Mental Hospital Psych Ward, Room 12
    Judge Pen....you said you found the old training manual that went to the t.v. show on KET. Is this the manual that has the spiral bound? I have this manual as well from when I studied at the Sport Center in 1984 or 85. Yes, he does call everything karate. The pictures in it are pretty funny. I thought I was the only one that had this book.
    Last edited by mkriii; 10-16-2007 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mkriii View Post
    Judge Pen....you said you found the old training manual that went to the t.v. show on PBS. Is this the manual that has the spiral bound? I have this manual as well from when I studied at the Sport Center in 1984 or 85. Yes, he does call everything karate. The pictures in it are pretty funny. I thought I was the only one that had this book.
    Yes, its a spiral book that went with the KET "Karate" series.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

wow....I thought i was the only one that had that old thing. Does Sin The even still sell that book?

Here is a question since we are talking about Sin The' and his books....On the cover of his newest book I guess he is standing in a crane stance, why on earth would you wear a pair of cheap looking tennis shoes for the cover of the book? It looks really crappy, almost like its bogus. If I were wanting to promote a book on Shaolin kung fu (or karate or whatever he calls it) I would look the part that I was playing, not wear a pair of dirty looking shoes.

wow....I thought i was the only one that had that old thing. Does Sin The even still sell that book?
    No, I didn't buy the book. A friend gave it to me--I'm not sure where he got it from.

Here is a question since we are talking about Sin The' and his books....On the cover of his newest book I guess he is standing in a crane stance, why on earth would you wear a pair of cheap looking tennis shoes for the cover of the book? It looks really crappy, almost like its bogus. If I were wanting to promote a book on Shaolin kung fu (or karate or whatever he calls it) I would look the part that I was playing, not wear a pair of dirty looking shoes.
    Maybe you should be his PR director.

You probably don't wear a mullet either... and who cares about his shoes anyway? You think he should try for a Nike endorsement or something?

Are you Sarah Jessica Parker trolling?

It's "trolling" like that that has helped this thread get to near 500 pages... so don't knock the trolls!

Actually, he's not the only one who's got the same opinion about the tennis shoes. Perhaps more importantly, why don't they put out a new edition that corrects some of the inconsistencies and errors in the book?

No, not a nike endorsment but there are shoes made specifically for martial arts such as pine tree, addidas, etc..... Even bare foot would have looked better than those nasty looking shoes.

Trolling? LMAO.

BTW personal appearance plays a big part when looking for a m.a. school. Wearing crappy clothes IMO is not the best way to attract students.
    Last edited by mkriii; 10-15-2007 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arinathos.valin View Post
    Actually, he's not the only one who's got the same opinion about the tennis shoes. Perhaps more importantly, why don't they put out a new edition that corrects some of the inconsistencies and errors in the book?

Some?? Why stop at "some"?? It'd be a great time to clear the air on (as my 4 yo stepdaughter says) "allit".

I say write a new one, skip the stories of Tripping the Light Fantastic or whatever & bare bones this thing with honesty & 100% unadulterated truth on what's what, from where, who, how & etc...

But then again I've been told I can't handle the truth but not nearly as cool as Jack would've told me. I'm still waiting to see what truth it is I can't handle.
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by sean_stonehart View Post
    But then again I've been told I can't handle the truth but not nearly as cool as Jack would've told me. I'm still waiting to see what truth it is I can't handle.
    Well you're going to be waiting for a very long time, because the truth you're waiting for is the truth you can't handle, so by giving the truth that you're waiting for, will expose you to that which you can't handle and therefore the truth will BLOW YOUR MIND!!!!!!!!!
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
    - Aristotle

The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.
    - Arthur C. Clarke