Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WAY OT: can someone translate this?

WAY OT: can someone translate this?

i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

I sent the link to my daughter. If she is familiar with the language she can probably do it.

It's French, she is going to translate it as an exercise since French is the language she is studying now.

You should have it by tomorrow.

isn't she like 13?? she speaks fluent french?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    isn't she like 13?? she speaks fluent french?
    you should see some of the kids in france.They like 5 and are already fluent in French
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

She was 13 like 4 years ago.

We are looking for colleges for her already.

She is not fluent in French yet, but she is learning. She is in her second year of French.
    Last edited by RD'S Alias - 1A; 10-26-2007 at 07:13 AM.

I can help too if needed.

Is French a common subject in the US? I thought it was mostly Spanish?

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    you should see some of the kids in france.They like 5 and are already fluent in French
    here in america, it is rare for children who are born here to parents who were born here to know a second language.

its a shame
    Bless you

Melissa knows German, French and is self taught in Japanese.
    Plus she is developing her own language, from the grammar and sentence structure on up.

She is not fully fluent in any yet, but is really good with German, and about the same as any 2nd year student in French.

I am most impressed by her Japanese though. Being self taught, she took a class over the summer to further her skills in it and found she could have taught the class.

As for the translation, I will touch base with her on it when she gets home from school in a few hours.

Is French a common subject in the US? I thought it was mostly Spanish?

Reply]
    She had a choice of Spanish, or French. She chose French in protest because *Everyone* takes Spanish.

Plus she is developing her own language, from the grammar and sentence structure on up.

Oh my god! What are you feeding her, and where can I buy it?
    That's awesome! Did you have to make her study hard for it, or is she just naturally gifted? Either way, cool.

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post

She is not fully fluent in any yet, but is really good with German, and about the same as any 2nd year student in French.

I am most impressed by her Japanese though. Being self taught, she took a class over the summer to further her skills in it and found she could have taught the class.

As for the translation, I will touch base with her on it when she gets home from school in a few hours.
    Dood, I'm not doing your daughter or your parental pride down in any way, but you've got some seriously naive blinkers on. I've no doubt that your daughter is very talented but when you say she could have taken the Japanes class over, isn't that because she went to a class that was lower than the level she's attained by self-study? I mean, that's great, but I could say the same about myself - I went to Japanese classes that were way below my level years ago, and my level wasn't high...

The same with developing the language - a lot of kids do this to some extent - I did - and I hope she can do something with it, but in itself it's kids' play.

Fair play to her though, and good luck - I'm more worried about your idolizing of her. Mind you, I'll probably be the same when my daughter grows up - so just ignore me (more than usual!!! )
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
    here in america, it is rare for children who are born here to parents who were born here to know a second language.

its a shame
    LOL x2! Read his post again dood!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    I'll watch it later and post if RD's daughter hasn't tackled it yet. I've got four years of undergrad French on my transcripts.

It roughly translates as:

"oh my ghod, there's a shark."
    "No, no that's not a shark! It's Seven!"
    "Impossible, Tennesseans can't dive, that's a shark."
    "No, It's Seven!"
    "Ahhhhh Ahhhghhgghhh! URGH! ow!ooowwwww!ooww holy bleeding monkrys owwww!!!
    ugh, ugh, urtl..."

Or something like that.
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!