Wannabemonk,

Wow.....I thought I was the only one who truly felt this way. Interesting story. I too sit in the same chair as you. I have had a long history of martial arts. I started out with a local Karate school in high school and eventually ventured out. I was always fascinated in the speed, power and grace of Kung fu. So my search began. I drifted through a few yellow page kung fu schools around my area. I found a school I liked but a year later he closed it and moved to the far north side of town which was out of my area. Then one day I found the ultimate school. Trained there for years only to be truly disappointed and left hurt in the end. For personal reasons, I will not disclose school names or persons involved.

So needless to say It feels like I have embarked on my search again. I have been out of a school for a few months now....but I practice what I have learned. Looking back at my experience I have questioned if there are truly any martial arts school out there that teach to pass the lineage or teach to make money, use people or invent the next big "craze". I don't know. I find a lot of martial art schools lack the spirit, tradition and discipline that was once associated with martial arts. In the age of modern technology and guns it almost feels like there isn't much need for martial arts. I can drive a few miles and see the "Fitness martial art clubs" or see Olympic Tae Kwon Do schools around every corner. Now, wushu itself is going down the same road when it becomes an olympic sport. Is this really martial arts?

In answer to your question, I never been to Columbus Ohio. I can't tell you if there are any good schools there. But for now keep searching. You will get that right feeling when you find the right one.......if the right one exits.