Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Choy li fut fighter

Choi Leih faht fighter

found this today. I think this gentlemen is a disciple of Chan Tai San

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHv2R3sWVlA
    Last edited by yaoli; 11-12-2007 at 01:17 PM.

does anyone know which line of choi leh faht this master follows?

regards
    Yaoli (Simon)

Double Uh Oh!

-David

since no ones answering

hes chan tai san's boy. he posts here, if you can call it that; more like diarrhea of the mouth (/keyboard?). I hate ****y sifus. his students looked pretty good, but they were holding back. if this was full contact he would have been humbled. he needs to keep his hands up and stop trying to do those spin kicks and backfists. cute little shaw bros monkey kicks though.

props for sparring...

Quote Originally Posted by street_fighter View Post
    hes chan tai san's boy. he posts here, if you can call it that; more like diarrhea of the mouth (/keyboard?). I hate ****y sifus. his students looked pretty good, but they were holding back. if this was full contact he would have been humbled. he needs to keep his hands up and stop trying to do those spin kicks and backfists. cute little shaw bros monkey kicks though.

props for sparring...

Dear Sir, thank you for such answer.

may i ask one more question please. is this gentlemen hung seng or buk seng tsai lee faht?

thank you

Blog Entries
    chan tai san's choy lee fut is said to be from chan koon pak.....

but his own people should answer this question for you.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Not impressed at all. A sifu sparring with his students..there should be no comparison at all..and clearly no one told this guy southern styles rely more on hand techniques..

Blog Entries
    Hey now, for just having gone thru a hip replacement, sifu gus isn't doing too bad here.

i do think he had some sort of superiority over his students, but the guy at the end is his class mate that passed away.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

i think it is good to see the master teach his student methods by exchanging with them. maybe the kicking is because of northern experience too.

i think the photograph above Guan Gung is grandmaster Chan. is this correct manner in which to place? also is pictures of tsai lee faht ancesters on table in front of god, i think this is no good?

this demonstration is good someone who has surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by baifupai View Post
    Not impressed at all. A sifu sparring with his students..there should be no comparison at all..and clearly no one told this guy southern styles rely more on hand techniques..
    In a kung fu movie maybe,but in real life don't agree with you at all.

Quote Originally Posted by baifupai View Post
    I have to disagree with you, It seems to me that this Sifu is just working with his students and showing great control. As far as southern styles using more hands than feet, this guy clearly is using more hand techniques. Choy li fut uses both northern and southern techniqes.

I'm no expert but I saw the vid on you tube and thought it was one of the better sparring clips I've ever seen and the music is off the hook.

Quote Originally Posted by street_fighter View Post

props for sparring...
    oh this is too bad. his style is alittle bit karate.

Quote Originally Posted by yaoli View Post
    oh this is too bad. his style is alittle bit karate.
    Or maybe it's a little bit Rock an Roll. There seems to be a lot of tournament flavor in his moves but I see a mix of ranges including boxing and even some wing chun stuff with a little northern foot work.

Quote Originally Posted by fu kok View Post
    Or maybe it's a little bit Rock an Roll. There seems to be a lot of tournament flavor in his moves but I see a mix of ranges including boxing and even some wing chun stuff with a little northern foot work.

you are correct his peformance was more for tournament. unfortunately i did not see wing chun. you say northern foot work?