View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 573 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 734735235635715725735745755836236731073 ... LastLast
Results 8,581 to 8,595 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Blog Entries
    I got the info from a guy in their organization in NY.
    As far as ie travelling to Korea, didn't someone have info on a letter from ie to sin about him travelling around china and Korea?

Just curious. They look like SD, so could be an offshoot.
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

3. that pa kua looks nothing like what we do.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    Is that kung fu mantis, kun tao mantis or karate manits? I'm so confused.

im curious why no one else with supersized opinions has chimed in on that.

Because Judge Pen was making a funny.

He obviously loves his art - SD - and is willing to engage in discussion on the, shall we say questionable aspects of it - but also goes out and plays with others. So, he has a level of humor that Kool-aid drinkers (on either side of this discussion) can't get.
    www.kungnation.com

I might also add, that he gives SD far more credibility than virtually anyone on this board (Bruce too, he is very cool, yet into his thing - another good representative.)

Many of us can agree to disagree and still find things to discuss.
    www.kungnation.com

7. im curious what someone who didnt know the background of the pic would assume just by looking at it

Quote Originally Posted by Mas Judt View Post
    from whom? did ie travel to korea?
    If that letter that supposedly went with GMS being promoted to 10th is acurate then "Yes, Ie did go to Korea." The letter references Ie traveling across China and even into Korea before settleing in Indonesia, but I have not verified its authenticity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Mas Judt View Post
    Just curious. They look like SD, so could be an offshoot.
    Why because of the GIs?? Get a grip.

Quote Originally Posted by kungfujunky View Post
    that pa kua looks nothing like what we do.
    agreed.......

Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi warrior View Post
    I found out alittle about the pa kua guy who studied with Ie chang ming. Back in the 60's he studied aikido and karate. He went to a tournament or something in Korea, and someone told him of master ie. He said that no matter what you did you couldn't touch him. The pa kua guy met master ie and ask him to teach him. Master ie refused but eventually gave in when offered alot of money. According to my source, pa kua is all he learned from master ie. This is the info I was given.
    Sounds like BS . Don't you think??

12. i never took ggm ie as a money grub

sounds interesting though

Quote Originally Posted by kungfujunky View Post
    i never took ggm ie as a money grub

sounds interesting though

HMMmmmmmmm........ What do you know of Master Ie?
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

I swear, this thread is like an eternally flaming bag of poo on KFM's porch.

All the reccurent "I- think-SD-guys-are-quasicultists-and-believe-GM-Sin-is-the-one-true-savior-of-mankind, what?-so-most-of-you-say-you-aren't-and-you-have-an-open-mind-about-that-fact-and-you're-not-convinced-of-all-the-stories-and-you-admit-that-several-outside-influences-are-apparent-in-his-Indonesian-kung-fu-which-is-probably-only-shaolin-based?-well-i'm-going-to-ignore-that-and-pretend-like-i-never-heard-any-of-you-say-it-because-in-fact-I'm-the-brainwashed-cultist-who-cannot-process-information-because-I'm-an-idiot-and-I-have-this-wierd-thing-for-Sin-The'-probably-because-he-has-a-great-body-and-I'm-dealing-with-latent-****sexuality-issues-so-I-refuse-to-leave-him-alone,-and-god-I-wish-I-didn't,-but-it's-the-silk-pyjamas-I-wear-that-bring-it-out-in-me,-and-I-wonder-why-you-don't-want-to-wear-silk-pyjamas-when-clearly-they-make-you-punch-harder-and-more-manly,-and-make-you-look-official-even-if-you-can't-hit-worth-a-****-like-most-Chinese-martial-artists!"-posters, they're the poo. They stink, they're ugly, and they're pretty much useless waste with nothing to say, because they're poo.

As SD, we're the bag. We are the containers of the poo. We scoop it up and put it into this bag, and we tolerate it, and we say: "I'm sorry you're so stinky, poo. But you're poo. WE expect that you're going to get ****ty every once in a while, but we'll tolerate it because we're pretty tolerant, even if we have to pat you on the head and put you to sleep, and wind up getting poo on our hands. It's our job to contain you, because we don't want poo getting all over the place."

The flames that burn us are the comments the poo makes, fed by the methane the poo releases.

Gene Ching is the poor b@stard that has to occasionally stomp on the thread, and get **** on his shoes.

Dude, has anyone told you that you are full of crap?
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching