View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 596 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 964965465865945955965975986066466961096 ... LastLast
Results 8,926 to 8,940 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by OTD View Post
    Quote:"
    I'm probably older than GT
    OTD

Dude, you're older than dirt? Ha ha uhmmm....Dang it, MK has gotten into my account again and started posting.
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

Here's some excerpts from Don F Draager's book on Indonesian martial arts. Pages 80-84 is the pertinent part, about the kuntao styles of java. Being derived mainly from Shantung and Fukien, as well as tai chi and pa kua...

http://books.google.com/books?id=g3F...eGPqTbCCa-FhI8

All of this stuff sound familiar?
    "I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udun! Go back to the shadow, you cannot pass!"

All of it.
    GM The's from West Java, right? Draegger makes the Fukien connection, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Leto View Post
    Here's some excerpts from Don F Draager's book on Indonesian martial arts. Pages 80-84 is the pertinent part, about the kuntao styles of java. Being derived mainly from Shantung and Fukien, as well as tai chi and pa kua...

http://books.google.com/books?id=g3F...eGPqTbCCa-FhI8

All of this stuff sound familiar?
    thanks for the link.
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter

Eastern State Mental Hospital Psych Ward, Room 12
    Good Monday morning to all of my great Shaolin Do friends. How are ya'll doing? Have you been praticing your forms and drinking your cool aid like good Sin The' followers should?

Make sure ya'll practice your Ippon Kumite & Tai Pang Sin Kune (whatever that is).

Sincerely,
    Mark

http://www.hinodekarate.ca/kumite.htm#ippon

If you look at this link to a Shotokan website you will notice that Ippon Kumite is listed on it. SD also mention Ippon Kumite. Hmmmm, is SD really pure kung fu? Or is it a mix of different styles? Oh wait, they (SD) just uses Japanese names out of respect for the late greatgrandmaster I Chang Ming, it really is all chinese kung fu.

mkriii

Seriously, why do you even come on here? Do you like being antagonistic and patronizing? It seems like a well adjusted individual could find better things to do with their time then contributing nothing but negativity on an internet forum.

I mean look at Mas Judt or MK as an example. Both of them are very outspoken about their criticisms of SD but they at least contribute toward a dialogue that all but the most ardent "head in the sand" types appreciate even if they don't always agree with. You, on the other hand, are a waste of bandwidth. I've never put anyone on an ignore list before (not even Fu Pow ) but you are in the running for a first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Judge Pen......Yeah, I kinda like being antagonistic. No but seriously, I didn't originally start out planning to keep on like this, it just got kinda fun to watch as shaolin do people/students started to resond and react. Now its almost joking that I do it. Kind of to amuse myself.
    Anyways, have a nice day.
    Last edited by mkriii; 01-14-2008 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mkriii View Post
    Judge Pen......Yeah, I kinda like being antagonistic. No but seriously, I didn't originally start out planning to keep on like this, it just got kinda fun to watch as shaolin do people/students started to resond and react. Now its almost joking that I do it. Kind of to amuse myself.
    Anyways, have a nice day.
    Hey, at least you're upfront about being antagonistic for the hell of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Ippon Kumite

Having trained in Shoto Kan for many years i will tell you the history of Ippon Kumite it isbased from the Japanese saying "I Ken Hisatsu" spelling?? To Kill with one blow or cut. Though SD calls it Ippon Kumite it is not true Ippon Kumite Funikoshi taught Ippon Kumite as a way to curb injury and teach control. BTW Shoto Kan finds itsw roots in the Okinawa Te and thus was imported from China therefore it too is in a way Chinese Martial Arts. Via Japan. YOU DIP KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Lmao!!

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Having trained in Shoto Kan for many years i will tell you the history of Ippon Kumite it isbased from the Japanese saying "I Ken Hisatsu" spelling?? To Kill with one blow or cut. Though SD calls it Ippon Kumite it is not true Ippon Kumite Funikoshi taught Ippon Kumite as a way to curb injury and teach control. BTW Shoto Kan finds itsw roots in the Okinawa Te and thus was imported from China therefore it too is in a way Chinese Martial Arts. Via Japan. YOU DIP KC
    I agree. You crack me up ,bro.

Also

Why not use "Ippon Kumite" as an art from China uses 2 Man Sets why cant a 2 man set be just one attack and defend technique. Application is the same thing is it not. To condemn an art because it uses "NEW" training methods or methods that will make the practioner better is stupid. All arts would be condemned and all practitioners as well KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Gentlemen, it's apparent that mkriii is a troll, and all he wants is to get a "rise" out of us. So let me be the first in (hopefully) a trend of ignoring this flamer so we can focus on more relevent discussion.

'bye mkriii, your twattle will bother me no longer (and I hate kool aid and I hate people who think they're clever when they say cr@p like "keep drinking the cool aid" honestly, you really are pathetic).
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
    - Aristotle

The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Not as pathetic as you (your the brainwashed idiot who thinks that SD is the greatest thing since sliced bread). If you only had a clue. Every other kung fu stylist thinks that SD is bogus. Are they all wrong and you guys the right ones? The rest of the world is wrong about SD, right? Whatever. Keep thinking that. One day you'll see the light.

Talking

By the way did you drink your cool aid like good little boys and girls? You SD people believe every thing that GM Sin says don't you? Just like Jim Jones.