Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do You Realize...

I think that is a good idea.
    I think a better idea is to have a smashed Tara Reid take a steaming horse sized crap on a kwan-do and then perform a dance routine to Juke Box Hero while holding it over her head.

We as an audience can throw slices of serrano ham at her ass and see if we can get her to spill the dookie on the floor. Whoever gets her to drop the scat first wins a dirty sanchez from Abel.

For the 1,000,000,000 time, this IS the off-topic forum. The other forums here are focused on specific topics. This forum is for community interaction and networking.

If you don't like it, exercise your free will.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    For the 1,000,000,000 time, this IS the off-topic forum. The other forums here are focused on specific topics. This forum is for community interaction and networking.

Free will has nothing to do with martial arts...now, kick that tree before I kick you!
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack II View Post
    I think a better idea is to have a smashed Tara Reid take a steaming horse sized crap on a kwan-do and then perform a dance routine to Juke Box Hero while holding it over her head.

We as an audience can throw slices of serrano ham at her ass and see if we can get her to spill the dookie on the floor. Whoever gets her to drop the scat first wins a dirty sanchez from Abel.
    Tequila is the devil, my brotha.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack II View Post

Wow. I actually don't even know how to respond to that. It takes a special type of person to come up with that scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post

MK, I didn't know that. My apologies. Gene might consider changing the forum description to read accourdingly.

Peace.

Wow. I actually don't even know how to respond to that. It takes a special type of person to come up with that scenario.
    Thank You

Most of the most skilled folks I met on this board left a long time ago.
    Reasons ranged from "I'm just tired of giving out info and getting nothing back" to "the last time I posted a theory online it ended up on someone else's website" to "just too much arguing".

For whatever reason, at some point down the road this board took on a life of it's own.
    Specific people and personalities have become the mainstay of this board, not the martial arts themselves. The only way to get any of that back now is to add more personalities who happen to do tcma. Though considering that we've beat every contemporary issue facing tcma firmly into the ground, i think ma-related conversations will always be secondary.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

The problem with trying to stick to a Kung fu topic, is that if you even think of doing so, the MMA junkies will swarm in and lynch you with the Awesomeness of MMA and then preceed to relentlessly point out the unlimited crapiness of TCMA thus totally derailing any positive productive Kung Fu discussions. All Kung fu topics ulitmatly disolve into the quagmire because of this.

By starting a thread NOT related to Kung fu, you can actually have a good conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    The problem with trying to stick to a Kung fu topic, is that if you even think of doing so, the MMA junkies will swarm in and lynch you with the Awesomeness of MMA and then preceed to relentlessly point out the unlimited crapiness of TCMA thus totally derailing any positive productive Kung Fu discussions. All Kung fu topics ulitmatly disolve into the quagmire because of this.

By starting a thread NOT related to Kung fu, you can actually have a good conversation.
    what he said...........

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
    Most of the most skilled folks I met on this board left a long time ago.
    Reasons ranged from "I'm just tired of giving out info and getting nothing back" to "the last time I posted a theory online it ended up on someone else's website" to "just too much arguing".

For whatever reason, at some point down the road this board took on a life of it's own.
    Specific people and personalities have become the mainstay of this board, not the martial arts themselves. The only way to get any of that back now is to add more personalities who happen to do tcma. Though considering that we've beat every contemporary issue facing tcma firmly into the ground, i think ma-related conversations will always be secondary.
    Wrong.

As far as CLF goes, we have very competent representatives from Buk Sing, Hung Sing, and LKH schools. Did we forget about CLFNole, Sifu Frank McCarthy, a student of GM Dino Salvatera, or that Buk Sing guy who went off like a roman candle when I thought his Master's nickname was stupid? How about our resident Lama Pai experts?

You are so off base here it's not even funny.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

lamapai - honestly, this forum's been that way for ages...

...maybe you'd like to join in on www.hungkyun.com?

it's almost all hung kyun, but we do have discussions on related arts, including tibetan...
    __
    "What is the sound of one hand clawing???" -- chanh buddhist proverb

The reality is, if this board was ONLY about TCMA topics, we would have 3 posts a day. Check out any heavily moderated board, and you will see while the conversations remain on-topic, there isn't much being discussed.

As it is, this board generates a lot of traffic, which leads to a steady stream of discussion. The downside is you have a lot of crap, but no one is forcing you to click on threads about women or UFOs.

You can be traditional about it and take the punishment of the bad threads in the hope you will be rewarded in 30 years with some hard-earned, introspective truths.

Or, you can take the modern approach and only click on threads that you find useful, discarding the rest.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Wrong.

As far as CLF goes, we have very competent representatives from Buk Sing, Hung Sing, and LKH schools. Did we forget about CLFNole, Sifu Frank McCarthy, a student of GM Dino Salvatera, or that Buk Sing guy who went off like a roman candle when I thought his Master's nickname was stupid? How about our resident Lama Pai experts?

You are so off base here it's not even funny.
    Your wrong is wrong.

There have been exponentially more people leaving then sticking around. If we had a tenth of the quality people that have posted here stick around, there would never be a shortage of good tcma convo on the main board.

Quote Originally Posted by SifuAbel View Post
    Your wrong is wrong.

There have been exponentially more people leaving then sticking around. If we had a tenth of the quality people that have posted here stick around, there would never be a shortage of good tcma convo on the main board.
    Maybe they just decided that training and teaching was a better way to spend time than talking about it via a message board?
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown