Thread: Joint Lock Reversals

Joint Lock Reversals

Here is a clip from an old video I did from 1994. 14 years ago it would seem...does that qualify as 'old' yet? Perhaps a 'not recent' video clip might be more appropriate...

It's nothing complicated, just some lock-reversals, very basic. I'm sure many of you on here will learn nothing from the clip, but some of you just might.

Enjoy.

Clip #1

There is a #2 to this clip on my channel page located below.

Me likey.

Thanks.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

LPS,
    Do you, as a teacher, think wrist manipulation techniques serve any use in modern society where people aren't trying to grab your sword arm?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    LPS,
    Do you, as a teacher, think wrist manipulation techniques serve any use in modern society where people aren't trying to grab your sword arm?
    Not really. I used to think differently, about 10 years or so ago.

At this point, I don't really even teach that kinda stuff anymore. There are some arm locks that we use, but I am not really a fan of wrist stuff.

Although, can't having good wrist control help with certain arm locks?

and just bc i said wrist control, i can't resist
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2REG3-Wb5gM
    Everyone's favorite wooden dummy

"All over people thinking martial arts is for making sexy body. That one is a wrong. Martial art is for making sexy mind and sexy spirit"- Master Po
    http://www.greencloud.net

Don't be a victim. Be the dominant turkey.

It can, although I just can't imagine too many scenarios where you will get your wrist grabbed.

Yes, in a clinch and while grappling, you opponent may grab your wrist and you may be able to utilize a 'concept', but they will not come off like a steven segal movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Lama Pai Sifu View Post
    Here is a clip from an old video I did from 1994. 14 years ago it would seem...does that qualify as 'old' yet? Perhaps a 'not recent' video clip might be more appropriate...

It's nothing complicated, just some lock-reversals, very basic. I'm sure many of you on here will learn nothing from the clip, but some of you just might.

Enjoy.

Clip #1

There is a #2 to this clip on my channel page located below.
    you know my opinion on your clips

Thanks for posting I never really researched Kahm Na/chin na...found this: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=r7wK2_6kScY

He is not a Hung Ga guy but he does joint manipulation seminars for various schools...cool

It can, although I just can't imagine too many scenarios where you will get your wrist grabbed.

Yes, in a clinch and while grappling, you opponent may grab your wrist and you may be able to utilize a 'concept', but they will not come off like a steven segal movie.
    Never thought about it before but even in training I can't remember having had anyone who new remotely what they were doing grab my wrist without being in tight and with some kind of game plan. Even Little Rogue will do a two handed wrist grab with a pull down that he learned in wrestling, which kills the Aikido/Hapkido style counters. Interesting.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

cool vids.

a lot of ppl seem to think this is not useful in todays society.
    and they are right to a degree.
    however, most opinions are based in a ma -vs- ma situation, and these are pretty elementary techniques.
    but in general, imo these techniques are pretty handy/useful as the average naughty citizen will not oftentimes be so skilled.
    Just a Disciple, No One Special

What about wrist locks off a lapel grab? To me that seems like when knowing how to manipulate the wrist is the most useful.
    Everyone's favorite wooden dummy

"All over people thinking martial arts is for making sexy body. That one is a wrong. Martial art is for making sexy mind and sexy spirit"- Master Po
    http://www.greencloud.net

Don't be a victim. Be the dominant turkey.

I would think that for police officers it would be more applicable. Even so when I have tried that stuff it was very hard to get the wrist. Even then I was never really sure WTF I was doing or if it was really "working". The few things that I have had done on me that worked 100% every time were combine with basic take-down and control. I guess judo ish (I'm not a judo player so I could be wrong).

I wonder how many people have really used stuff like that in a fight? But I could still see some basic uses in SD.