Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Japanese Wing Chun?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond View Post
    Good form TJ
    Cheers, it is just basic to give students a reminder of the moves of the form, I will be making a detailed one soon hopefully, as I did with Siu Lim Tau, along with all the other forms when I get back online properly and my life sorted
    Take care out there and keep

me
    www.tjwingchun.co.uk
    sifu
    www.kwokwingchun.com
    sigung
    www.ipchun.org
    my family
    www.ipfamilywingchun.com

questions are how we grow, answers how we develop

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    Hi!

We had teh same question some years ago ... try Eishunken on google.

Additionally there seems to be another, well, style of Wing Chun in Japan (at least it looks like it has some parts of Wing Chun in it). Try these links:

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=ugbVAB...eature=related

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=c4tAam...eature=related

Don't know, why they call it koppo. Koppo-jutsu is well known in several japanese systems as the art of bone-breaking ...

Armin.
    `

Thanks for the videos Armin! It certainly looks like a version of Wing Chun to me! I'd like to know more about the history of this style. There are to many similarities to be coincidence. There had to be a strong Wing Chun influence somewhere!

Hi KPM,

it really would be interesting to find out more about that system ... but my Japanese is, well, there's no such thing in my language-arsenal.

So, if anybody else has the possibility to get in contact with these guys, any information would be appreciated.

Armin.

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    Hi KPM,

it really would be interesting to find out more about that system ... but my Japanese is, well, there's no such thing in my language-arsenal.

So, if anybody else has the possibility to get in contact with these guys, any information would be appreciated.

Armin.
    I watched the videos again. A lot of it looks like straight-up Jeet Kune Do trapping sequences, which gives it a Wing Chun-like appearance. I watched the sparring footage and the "festival" footage. Their sparring doesn't look bad. At least they actually go at it. It looks a lot like free Chi Sao without the rolling platform. If I watched these without any preconceptions I would think these guys were doing a version of Wing Chun. They certainly looked more like Wing Chun than the guy fighting the Muay Thai opponent in the footage from KOTC on another recent thread. When I envision Wing Chun tournaments that are more than just friendly Chi Sao, I see something similar to this. But hopefully with a little better body structure and footwork.