Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Cung Li vs. Frank Shamrock

Cung Le dominated all three rounds in my mind. I hope there will be more Shan Sau fighters going into MMA. There is lots of dangerous International Shan Sau fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmund View Post
    Hope this works:

Round 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV8ikCM6v-I

Round 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glj-KEdtHKE

Round 3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnGH5hhuLGE

Agreed with everyone on here.
    It was a great match. 3rd round slugfest was very exciting.

You rock dude. Thanks!

Great fight. I cringed everytime I saw Frank block those round kicks...you heard Goldberg talk about Franks arm swelling earlier in round two. I think the last kick before the bell is what broke it though.
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

Quote Originally Posted by Vankuen View Post
    You rock dude. Thanks!

Great fight. I cringed everytime I saw Frank block those round kicks...you heard Goldberg talk about Franks arm swelling earlier in round two. I think the last kick before the bell is what broke it though.
    I think so too. It seemed like Frank blocked a kick to the head just barely and the leg seriously collected his wrist against the side of his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmund View Post
    I think so too. It seemed like Frank blocked a kick to the head just barely and the leg seriously collected his wrist against the side of his head.
    That's the kick that finally broke his arm.
    Your journey ends at my feet.

*It takes effort to learn to do something without*

Greetings..

Nice to see TCMA show its game.. Cung took some heavy hits and looked in trouble, Frank couldn't close the deal, though.. You could see the imprint of Cung's shin along the right cheek of Shamrock, ouch!!.. All in all, a decent fight.. i wish they both had been a bit less "playful"..

Be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

Looked like a friendly sparring match most of the time with each fighter acknowledging when the other got a good shot in.
    Nice work.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

FYI: Round 3 has already been removed, if anyone else has it...
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Cung Li vs. Frank Shamrock

Greetings..

Very interesting fight.. it seemed like Shamrock was off his game, a bit.. but, nice to see TCMA make a good showing.. it was impressive that Cung was able to weather a good flurry by Frank, Cung appeared hurt but Frank didn't close the deal.. All in all, a good fight.. Cung's kicks were impressive, both in power and accuracy..

Be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

All in all, a good fight.. Cung's kicks were impressive, both in power and accuracy..
    That is how Frank got his arm broke and therefore his doctor had to stop the fight. Bummer though, it would of been nice to see it go to 4 or 5 rounds.

There is, however, a question that is in the back of my mind...

What if Frank took the fight a little more seriously? I mean... what if he did his "homework" on Cung, found his weaknesses and took him to the ground, etc. Instead of making it a "fight to watch," he (Frank) could have made it a different game. Instead of "keeping his word" and standing with Cung, I wonder what could have occurred.

Any thoughts?

Best,
    Kenton
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

Cung Le isn't TCMA rants in

Quote Originally Posted by SifuAbel View Post
    Cung Le isn't TCMA rants in

at least you know he isn't......

ask him the last time he practiced horse stance, go ahead I dare ya, I double dare ya...
    Bless you

CUNG LE ISn'T A TCMA FIGHTER!!
    He's a TKD wrestler~!! get your facts straight!!

Actually he's a Chinese Sanshou guy...he's been doing that longer than anything else.

I believe he started with some NamViet kungfu then progressed to TKD because it was more organized and topped it off with sanshou!