Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Defence Against Front Tackles

Oh, he'll be back. He's convinced himself he's doing well, no matter how deep a hole he keeps digging for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai View Post
    Oh, he'll be back. He's convinced himself he's doing well, no matter how deep a hole he keeps digging for himself.
    Maybe he'll have another message from the "master" he seems to know so well....

Wow! Such a spirited debate on the Street/Reality forum! This just had to have been moved from another thread.

My take on all of this is probably a little different, but I think it's worth pointing out:

The problem with the idea of trying to deal with an attacker who tackles you in any system BJJ, kungfu, boxing, wrestling, whatever is the same.

You gave the fight to your opponent the instant you gave him the opportunity to be the aggressor.

It dosen't really matter what system you study, it's tough to deal with a flurry of blows, a kick, a tackle, a throw, or any other sort of attack because it's AN ATTACK.

By the time you see it coming, it's probably too late to formulate a way to "deal with it".

The reason is simple. In order to throw an attack, all that needs to happen is the nerve impulses to perform the action need to go from the brain (which already made the decision) to the muscles. Meanwhile the "defender" must first sense the attack, he must then recognize it for what it is, his brain must formulate a response, then send a signal to his muscles to take action. Throw an adrenaline dump into the mix, which creates a whole 'nother set of haywire messages which are likely to slow most people down further still (despite popular belief, 99% of the time adrenaline dosen't make you faster), and you can see why most shoots, and most preemptive strikes are successful.

So why not turn the tables on the guy? Once you've made the decision to get involved in a physical altercation, it's always best to immedeatly take the offensive. That means if you do wing chun, you start punching the guy, and if you do BJJ, you go for the shoot.
    Bodhi Richards

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Jack View Post
    Wow! Such a spirited debate on the Street/Reality forum! This just had to have been moved from another thread.

My take on all of this is probably a little different, but I think it's worth pointing out:

The problem with the idea of trying to deal with an attacker who tackles you in any system BJJ, kungfu, boxing, wrestling, whatever is the same.

You gave the fight to your opponent the instant you gave him the opportunity to be the aggressor.

It dosen't really matter what system you study, it's tough to deal with a flurry of blows, a kick, a tackle, a throw, or any other sort of attack because it's AN ATTACK.

By the time you see it coming, it's probably too late to formulate a way to "deal with it".

The reason is simple. In order to throw an attack, all that needs to happen is the nerve impulses to perform the action need to go from the brain (which already made the decision) to the muscles. Meanwhile the "defender" must first sense the attack, he must then recognize it for what it is, his brain must formulate a response, then send a signal to his muscles to take action. Throw an adrenaline dump into the mix, which creates a whole 'nother set of haywire messages which are likely to slow most people down further still (despite popular belief, 99% of the time adrenaline dosen't make you faster), and you can see why most shoots, and most preemptive strikes are successful.

So why not turn the tables on the guy? Once you've made the decision to get involved in a physical altercation, it's always best to immedeatly take the offensive. That means if you do wing chun, you start punching the guy, and if you do BJJ, you go for the shoot.
    You have made a very good point there. It is true, no matter what you train in, you would have given the advantage to the opponent if he makes and completes the pre-emptive attack.

Having said that, a lot of my training has involved the perception and neutralization of pre-emptive attacks, inbuilding automatic responses that will not be too effected by the adrenaline rush.

A lot of the internal training can also contribute in keeping a calmer mind during combat by reducing the effects of the adrenaline rush.

Perception and instant reaction to physical threats is an important area of combat training.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post
    You want to know what I think of your questions...they show how little you actually understand...
    And that shows how little YOU understand the traditionaly approach.

Question 1: NOT answered! Questions: 3 and 4: NOT answered! Not to worry because the answer I was looking for is heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere:

Questions 3 and 4: NOT answered,but not to worry, what I was looking for is HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE:

Question 2: Kung Fu forms are "antiquated". That comment is really revealing and extemely funny, not that you have not made me laugh before.

It is very humorous, to see you mentioning some "heavy duty" kung fu names in your lineage and therefore associating yourself, even if it was indirectly, with these masters, who I presume are the real deal and not glorified kickboxers such as yourself. Then, you say that forms are antiquated!

I wonder how Frank Yee, Daniel Pai and P.Chan would react to your idiotic remark that kung fu forms are "antiquated.....at best a way for an old man to remember a bunch of moves"?????? It seems that you are digging your own "basement" with every post, jealous eh????LOL.

You have asked me before if I thought the aforementioned people's kung fu was fake and I would say probably not, but your kung fu, my dear boy is FAKE!

You have practiced it superficially and it shows. It is all in your comments.

So, go back to your punch bag and your grappling classes and don't for get those weights, for those big muscles you so like to show off to those other guys in the gym.

There you have it ladies and gentlemen and this is the source of our little "problem". I am a traditionalist and a lot of you guys are not. So our approach is different. So, we argue and argue and argue and argue and argue.......
    Last edited by HardWork8; 04-14-2008 at 05:40 AM.

There you have it ladies and gentlemen and this is the source of our little "problem". I am a traditionalist and a lot of you guys are not. So our approach is different. So, we argue and argue and argue and argue and argue.......
    You say you are a traditionalist, how so?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by HardWork8 View Post
    And that shows how little YOU understand the traditionaly approach.

Funny...you don't even know what the "traditional" approach really is..

Question 1: NOT answered!

Sorry if I choose not to spoon feed you, I really don't want to type up two pages just for your behalf. I could get better results teaching taiji to my dog

Questions: 3 and 4: NOT answered! Not to worry because the answer I was looking for is heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere:

The answer is there, you just can't understand it....

Questions 3 and 4: NOT answered,but not to worry, what I was looking for is HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE:

Question 2: Kung Fu forms are "antiquated". That comment is really revealing and extemely funny, not that you have not made me laugh before.

I'm glad...do you know how many calories you burn just from laughing?

It is very humorous, to see you mentioning some "heavy duty" kung fu names in your lineage and therefore associating yourself, even if it was indirectly, with these masters, who I presume are the real deal and not glorified kickboxers such as yourself. Then, you say that forms are antiquated!

And I find it funny, that you seem to claim a place beside them in their traditional kung fu, yet you assume that all they can teach is forms.

I wonder how Frank Yee, Daniel Pai and P.Chan would react to your idiotic remark that kung fu forms are "antiquated.....at best a way for an old man to remember a bunch of moves"?????? It seems that you are digging your own "basement" with every post, jealous eh????LOL.

Master Yee probably wouldn't say much of anything...from what I understand he's not the "hold your hand" type. Daniel Pai is dead, but from your response I can see you know nothing of the man anyways...I can tell you though he's probably laughing at you from his grave..and just to indulge you...he'd probably make me fight you...and buy me a beer after I wooped you up to his liking.... And MC Chan....he'd just as soon yell at you for wasting his time as he'd yell at me for saying anything. Besides, you haven't the faintest clue of the situations with that system anyways. There is a distinct reason as why their kung fu is different from yours...the same reason why their students...if I may be so bold...are better than you...And I'll give you a hint...you don't get it by doing forms all day long by yourself in the basement...

You have asked me before if I thought the aforementioned people's kung fu was fake and I would say probably not, but your kung fu, my dear boy is FAKE!

If that's not an example of a pot and a kettle...

You have practiced it superficially and it shows. It is all in your comments.

So, go back to your punch bag and your grappling classes and don't for get those weights, for those big muscles you so like to show off to those other guys in the gym.

There you have it ladies and gentlemen and this is the source of our little "problem". I am a traditionalist (you are nothing of the sort) and a lot of you guys are not. So our approach is different (You're right...theirs works and yours doesn't). So, we argue and argue and argue and argue and argue.......
    No....you argue while we laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh at your expense....idiot...

Quote Originally Posted by cjurakpt View Post
    evidently a "problem" I share with everyone else on here...
    Maybe the saying,"the world is full of nuts" holds true for the forums as well?

Quote Originally Posted by cjurakpt
    "linking" of tendons? ok, go ahead, explain your little pet theory; let's see if it's something extra-special like the rest of what you post...so go ahead - please enlighten us in terms of the biomechanics involved in the metaphor of "tendon linking"
    Very condecending attitude and quiet ignorant as well. I just wanted to know if you knew of this training method, which to be honest is not really associated so much with wing chun, but more so to some other Southern styles. I see that you have absolutely no idea of what I am referring to as I 've seen your forum eyes rolling, so no need to confuse you more. That is it, go back to pumping weights.

well, if its a manner that I haven't heard of then it must be really super ninja-secret,
    There we go again, something that is very common among you glorified kickboxers,"I haven't heard of it before, so it doesn't exist or is crap,etc.etc."

because it has nothing to do with what tendons do; please, elucidate to us all how you will "loosen" a tendon? and I don't mean by doing the exercises you proporte to work: I mean physiologically - what changes in a tendon to make it "looser" after you've done your 10,000 reps in the air?
    Go and do your own research. I am having enough trouble clarifying simple statements to some of you retards and I am not about to go into explaining complicated training methodologies, which you won't even understand simply because your training approach is so different, even if it is valid in its own right (for kickboxing and not kung fu).

However, if you don't believe in it then that is fine as well, because you will always have your weight training and your heavy punch bags.

no, not true - it's not whether I've heard about it, it's whether it flies in the face of the accepted research on a topic as well as my personal experience working with the body
    Are you referring to Western research or the Eastern one?

nope, not my problem, because it works just fine for me; it's gonna be your problem when you start doing groundwork and realize just how clueless you really are
    That is part and parcel of training. The same thing happens when one starts his realistic sparring and finds out how clueless he is. This doesn't mean that one has to start sparring and grappling from day one.

Traditional kung fu has a methodology to it as devised by kung fu (not glorified kickboxers) masters who dedicated their live's to their particular system(s). There is a reason behind the way it is taught.

However, if you wish I can pass your suggestions to my sifu, but I am warning you, all he'll do is to send you some chinese herbal retard pills.

my description is limited - because I didn't go into a full one, derrrr
    That is not all that is limited with you, but I'll let it go.

ino; you just write dumb stuff
    No, you just read with dumb eyes (think about that statement carefully, without over-straining your fragile brain, we don't want any nasty spillages).

no, it's not pompous - it's belligerence - can't you tell those apart?
    I can, the question is wether YOU can, when you are making your condecending (and idiotic)posts.

and yeah, I'm really worried about my forum a$$, LOL
    You would if you had any brains.

there is no morality to living life - life is lived regardless of a given construct of "appropriate" behavior; morality is about making it more convenient to live life in the same space as other people when resources are limited;
    Why don't you make that "philosophical" statement in an army recruiting office. I am sure within days you will be in iraq, torturing and taking pot shots at civilians.

BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Easy now with the retard pills now.

Grog not know big words, make head hurt to think so hard...
    What, you are death too? I SAID EASY WITH THOSE RETARD PILLS!

oh yeah, I'm sure that he's really smarting ; and yeah, I'm really worried about it myself, LOL
    Actually, you should just WORRY about your own retard medication. Unkokusai is beyond help (please, don't tell him that as he still lives in hope of recovery), but there may be a chance to save your last few brain cells.

yes, I do have this prejudice against blatant stupidity; nasty habit, that...
    Then you must really hate yourself.

You like me, you really, really like me!!
    Yes I like you. I really like you to jump off a cliff.

I was under the impression that the "basement boy" was a metaphorical description of your state in life in general
    At first that was what I thought too, until I realized that the phrase was first coined by a drooling spastic retard. Then I said to myself, no retard can come up with a "metaphorical" description of anything.

So this statement is more of a metaphorical clutching at straws used by retards in general when they are having their collective and mentally challenged forum butts kicked. A very interesting phenomenom, if I do say so myself.

try not to fall out and hit your head again; and remember, lights off, then start self-molesting ('cause no one wants to see it); and make sure you get a good night's sleep, because tomorrow you have your appointment at the oral-facial surgeon, he's got to pull out the rest of those crooked teeth that just get in the way of you eating your jello and apple sauce
    There again, you have to do something about the dosage of your retard medication. Try some traditionaly chinese medicine because this modern stuff is no good.

I mean first it made you think that you actually possessed kung fu knowledge and now it is making you hallucinate, you sad person.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCoKung fu
    Sorry
    Don't be sorry. It is not your fault. You were just born that way.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCoKungFu
    I really don't want to type up two pages just for your behalf
    Why, haven't you heard of the enchant art of summerizing? Well you haven't of course, and that is because you are a modern sort of fellow, aren't you?

I could get better resuts teaching tai chi to my dog
    From the type of kung fu that you have demonstrated to me, I believe and this is an honest belief, that your dog can teach you more tai chi than you can ever hope to teach it.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCokungFu
    I find it funny,
    Then you would, because you are retard and retards generally laugh a lot out of context and at things they don't understand. So don't worry, I wont hold that against you and besides, you are in good company.

...that you claim your place besides them in traditional kung fu
    FALSE STATEMENT! I didn't made that claim, YOU DID! You, Mr "forms are antiquated" Retard.

..yet you assume that all they can teach is forms
    FALSE STATEMENT! I have never made such an assumption. If you say I have, then please show us where.

Traditional kung fu training gives high regard to the training of forms, which are included in a holistic program that includes, sparring, iron palm and the internals, etc. KICKBOXING DOESN'T!

Are you beginning to understand now? No? Not to worry, take a few more of those retard pills and lie down.

As far as your masters are concerned, you know how they would react to your "forms are antiquated" comment. You can babble whatever you want, but if you had dared to make that comment to any of their faces, they would have kicked your crosstraining A$$ out of the kwoon.

No....you argue while we laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh at your expense....idiot...
    Actually, I think behind your laughter you are all "crying", but do continue with your "laughter" , it is very sureal to see a bunch of retards laughing/crying together.

By the way, let me know if your dog needs any help in teaching you some tai chi "tricks".

Don't be sorry. It is not your fault. You were just born that way.

Hmmm...and I thought it was the paint chips

Why, haven't you heard of the enchant art of summerizing? Well you haven't of course, and that is because you are a modern sort of fellow, aren't you?

If I were to summarize it, you then wouldn't understand...because that would then require you to go out and actually learn some A&P, some knowledge of medical practice and of course...learn some real kung fu...other than practicing by yourself....in the basement....

From the type of kung fu that you have demonstrated to me, I believe and this is an honest belief, that your dog can teach you more tai chi than you can ever hope to teach it.

I haven't demonstrated anything to you...as to my dog...he's quite the bit more qualified than you...interesting enough...it can be argued that animals have the most exacting mechanics of movement you can find...relating to their evolutionary purpose of course...but we know evolution is a concept you are struggling with so lets stop here in that discussion

Then you would, because you are retard and retards generally laugh a lot out of context and at things they don't understand. So don't worry, I wont hold that against you and besides, you are in good company.

So now my bovine friends suffer from a mental handicap as well? What did cows ever do to you for such criticism?

FALSE STATEMENT! I didn't made that claim, YOU DID! You, Mr "forms are antiquated" Retard.

Judgement based on your understanding of what you think is TCMA. You only trained in forms....in your basement...so its only a natural assumption that this is what you would think a "traditional" master could teach...since you know...you have NO place in actually commenting on real live training.

FALSE STATEMENT! I have never made such an assumption. If you say I have, then please show us where.

Traditional kung fu training gives high regard to the training of forms, which are included in a holistic program that includes, sparring, iron palm and the internals, etc. KICKBOXING DOESN'T!

Forms serve a purpose...nothing more...they are not an encompassing aspect of an art...but then your sifu isn't "traditional" so you wouldn't know that...You claim to learn mechanics through a form...sifu taught me mine by hitting sh!t

Are you beginning to understand now? No? Not to worry, take a few more of those retard pills and lie down.

As far as your masters are concerned, you know how they would react to your "forms are antiquated" comment. (You're right I do...that's why I train with their system) You can babble whatever you want, but if you had dared to make that comment to any of their faces, they would have kicked your crosstraining A$$ out of the kwoon. Quite the contrary...see my sifu is a realist...he is the one that encourages me to speak my mind and question everything...something you still haven't moved onto yet...since you seem to be needing to be waited on hand and foot....and your fear of training outside your circle for then you would know the flaw of your ways...hence your isolationist approach to your training, your fear of bestowing credible source of education and your infantile understanding of what you so profess to hold the holy grail

Actually, I think behind your laughter you are all "crying", but do continue with your "laughter" , it is very sureal to see a bunch of retards laughing/crying together.

By the way, let me know if your dog needs any help in teaching you some tai chi "tricks".
    My dog is quite well off...I mean he can lick his own balls...now if THAT'S not internal training I don't know what is...

My dog is quite well off...I mean he can lick his own balls...now if THAT'S not internal training I don't know what is...
    Rotflmao !
    Chi blast for the win !

I know it can't be English...

Why, haven't you heard of the enchant art of summerizing?

What is your first language?

Dang cjurakpt, you had to go out and get all educational...

And I was having so much fun talking about my dog's balls

I think I pulled my brain muscle....

I've already had to look up three more definitions just from your posts in this thread alone...

Dang cjurakpt, you had to go out and get all educational...

And I was having so much fun talking about my dog's balls

I think I pulled my brain muscle....

I've already had to look up three more definitions just from your posts in this thread alone...
    Too bad he is wasting his time.
    Pearls before swine and all that.

I bet right now he's Wikipedia'ing his little heart out...

Better be careful...he might call his master on you...try and show you some Wing Chun groundfighting. Apparently he has some sorta secret squeeze your balls technique...