Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
That’s what im saying.

Perhaps Tam Sam’s CLF was still just CLF, but his own flavor, based on his own background and body type and personality.

According to DFW’s book (speaking of Tam Sam) “ His school bore the name Siu Bak Hung Sing Choy Lay Fut Club. The name was too long to be spoken comfortably, so it was changed to Bak Sing Choy Lay Fut”.

Our school is lam fei hung sing CLF, but you guys can call us Lam Sing

ok that last part was a bit silly
i don't know if you were tryin to insult buk sing by saying that last line
coz thats the second time you've used that line "Lam Sing"
to every joke there is some truth right eddie?

Fuk DFW's book

For the Last time! Tam Sam's school bore the name "Siu Buk Hung Sing Choy Lay Fut Kwoon". Yes it was called Buk Sing for short. But his students suggested to Tam Sam that he change the name of his school officially. And to distinguish that his branch was no longer Hung Sing. Tam Sam was a pugilist, he loved to fight. And every single one of his students were fighters. Tam Sam not only had his own flavor of CLF, he had his own fighting concepts that were unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
So you decide whats silly and whats not?

Its only been recently that the Buksing guys started getting more vocal about being all that different and that. It just seems that every time a buksing person comes on, they seem to want to be so different to other CLF. My question is, if you then want to be so different, why still call it CLF>

Sure I see the differences, but in the same breath I see differences between all our CLF. Our Lee Koon Hung Choy Lay Fut looks different to Frank’s Lau bun CLF etc etc. Heck, we’ve even had people come on this site and claimed our line uses the wrong Characters for Hung Sing, as we should be Chan Family or something else.

Point is, this division doesn’t seem to be that healthy.

My CLF is different to CLFNole’s CLF, weven though we are bothers (and I’ve learned allot from him). My experience is different to his, and my body is different to his.

But its still CLF, isn’t it?

I think I should go register a style called Laam Sing CLF.
Our style is CLF but we are of a different branch. I've seen your youtube clip, prior to watching it, i didn't know which branch of clf you did. but after it i suspected you came from LKH lineage. why is that? why didnt i think you were buk sing? why didnt i think u were sifu chan yong fa clf? why didn't i think u were lau bun lineage?
it was the way you moved in general the way u execute techniques. i see sifu joe keit move and i see the exact same LKH influence.

So Eddie if you want to call your branch Lam Sing, do it, fight everyone that comes along and create ur own legacy. Just like Sijo Tam Sam did. Otherwise no one will recognise you as Lam Sing.