Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 17 Annual Great Lakes Kung Fu Championships

copy that.... look for the crossfit shirt....
    Last edited by Suntzu; 04-17-2008 at 09:37 PM.
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    check...look for the coolest new Peng Lai shirts to hit the streets...oh, and the fat dude in flip flops...
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

hey, the serra/st. pierre fight is tomorrow night
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    hey, the serra/st. pierre fight is tomorrow night
    yes... must find a place to watch....

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

continuous hits to the head is a fault?

???

???
    Kung Fu is good for you.

that's international rules for u

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

just rolled back in to AVL.

long, long weekend.

good to see a couple of KFM faces: Suntzu & stonewarrior...Shifu Mike Biggie, Shifu James Rodgers (sorry, can't remember your alias's here) and Shifu Brian Bateman. Shifu Batemen had a strong team of San Shou folks.

Bigger turnout for San Shou than last year, my folks got more fights for sure this year. 3-4 each between SC and SS.

My girl lost both her SC bouts and won her SS but against a girl who was giving up like 25 pounds...props to her for fighting up a weight class. I asked about my girl fighting the bigger girls but not until after the decision had been made regarding the bouts so they said no. We've got to get more women interested in fighting. There were a lot of girls doing SC but only 4 total for SS.

My middleweight went 1-2 in the SC and 0-1 in SS and my heavy lost both his SC bouts and went 1-1 in SS.

Sorry we missed everyone afterwards, we ended up at Jillian's over on Cedar and they initially said 'Yes' when I asked if they had the UFC playing later but then it only ended up being the boxing fight on HBO. By that time, we had food ordered and a beer half gone...needless to say we weren't going anywhere else at that point.

We had fun and as usual a well run event. Thanks to Sifu Ervin and Sifu Belifore for continuing to orchestrate it.

GSP pwned Serra btw and fwiw.

Canadians pwn again.

go gsp

Kung Fu is good for you.

cool, I didn't think Serra would beat him. I liked Serra vs. Hughes because I think Hughes is a bit self rightous but I like GSP better than Serra.

thanks.

god **** with the ****ing spoilers!!!!!...... i had a blast.... one day i'm gonna do the SJ...... but i got the 'ring bug' again we'll see how far that goes ...d .

i wished I ended up at Jillians..... eat at burger king

uploading the videos now......

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

I left two messages at the number on your card...but, yea, the eats around that expensive ass hotel sucked. luckily we found the starbucks and the bruegger's on the other side of the university earlier that day and headed back to the same direction.

just got my clips off the camera and getting ready to upload the first now

i got the messages... too late tho..... one of my athlete was set on this Japanses restaurant...... that was closed by the time we got there

1st vid is me..... my 1st comp after a looooong lay off.... i like what i did well.... i understand tho why i lost but it was fun anyway..... know i know what i really need to work on.... and one of those is to get more coaching for myself.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEIgtT2C7p0

next is my athlete Dan..... this was his 2nd comp ever...... no one was in his weightclass at beginner..... so we bumped him up a class.... he ended up getting 2nd place.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksQzmUM7GVA

my other athlete, Brandon..... i'm waiting on a round by round breakdown of his vid....

color commentary and criticisms by my athlete Emily and my gf Nikki....

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

Oso

See any good Tanglang? You have a new school shirt, can you post a pic? Did you get to Mike Biggies school?
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

no worries...we were wiped out anyways, it was a long ass day.

yu shan: not really a new one, just one w/o graphics. our school name on the front along with PLWJTLM. on the back, the mantis poem I like so much, the one with the line "like a swift clap of thunder'.

I have one for you, Shiye, Steve and Mike.

Thanks

Thanks everyone for coming ! I hope everyone had a good time. I did not get to see most of you because I was judging SC.

Ginosifu