Yes, well I'm not convinced that an eternity in flames is really that unpleasant if I don't have a central nervous system and nerve endings to relay messages of pain and torture up and down my spinal cord. But that's just me.

What I was describing for you was the commonality of life in its myriad forms, the equality of life not based on the pride of species, and the valuation of all life and all suffering, because we are all basically the same material as a worm, as a bacterium, as an elephant, as a chimpanzee. Valuing life is not the same as "believing in" Christ. They are, and always will be separate.

I would question the value you place on "humanism" because if a humanist thinks we all should treat each other well and as equals, and help out a brother in need, regardless of his religious orientation, I think that beats out the "convert and feed at the hand of Christ or suffer your hardships" mentality espoused by many religious organizations. When Mother Theresa traveled the world, she did so in a humanist capacity in service of a relgiious organization.

Good people are good people. No religion has a monopoly on meaning and service to humanity. There were good people before Christ, and I dare say people better than him long after.