Thread: What Weapons Forms Did You Learn First?

What Weapons Forms Did You Learn First?

I'm especially interested in hearing from the TCPM or CCK TCPM folks.

The first weapon form I learned was yum sao gwun, done here by Mr. Japheth Leung, and here at Chiu Chuk Kai's 79th birthday celebration.

The second was a sabre form, si fung dao, done similar to this. (form starts at :50, first time I've seen it done outside of my class)

Has anyone here learned these forms? ...just curious
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

CCK Tai Chi Praying Mantis Weapons

I learned the following single person CCK TCPM weapon forms in this order

Ho Gun: Monkey Staff

Sh'r Feng Dao: Blade Testing Broadsword

Bagua Lan Mun Dao: Guarding the Door Broadsword in Eight Directions

Say Moon Chiang: Four Directional Spear

Regards,
    Steve

Smile

I believe Hong Kong Kwoon taught the Yin Shou Gun first and the Shi Feng Dao second. I actually learned Yu Huan Dao first as well as the Chinese two sectional staff, which is my favorite from my mentor, Galen Fok, before I went back to Hong Kong. Of course, the sword, 7 section whip chain, and rope dart are consider the specialty of GM Chiu.

Mantis108
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

I believe that I learned WL rt. hand stick and then continous broadsword and flute I believe were my first

First weapon should always be "numchucks". And it MUST be spelled "numchucks", none of that dam "nunchaku" garbage! NUMCHUCKS all the way mang!!!
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

most, if not all shaolin based systems will teach staff first, big knife second and then all other categories come after that.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

On a more serious note, the first thing I learned was staff. Then a two-person staff set in which one side uses mainly thrusting attacks and the other uses mainly circular strikes. This was later done with spear and kwan dao, so that the same form was basically teaching usage of all three weapons. A very cool set to train.
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

The first set I learned was a two-man naginata vs. broadsword form. It was called Admiral Kwan friggin' beats the hell out of the pirate invader. Due to a weak low block and slash maneuver, the two-man form quickly became a one-man show, and the pirate invader was carried out on a stretcher. I did some really cool spins and a butterfly twist as I cha'd. Nobody even noticed the ambulance.
    1bad65--They Call Him Ore Ida, the Tater-Terminator
    http://www.freewebs.com/shaolinninjitsu/
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega-Foot View Post
    We had to shut down our first Shaolin Ninjitsu in Shangdong when a key mistranslation of ancient scrolls led to the entire clan bowing down to incense and burning buddhas everywhere in the province.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Takeshi View Post
    Trolling? What does fishing have to do with this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega-Foot View Post
    Ashida Kim taught me everything I ever needed to know about the missile dropkick.

I learned staff first, then broadsword, sai and now, I just started spear.

Mark,
    Your shifu gave you wah lum double sai. Very nice. I personally like that one. Good luck on spear!

Mark,
    Your shifu gave you wah lum double sai. Very nice. I personally like that one. Good luck on spear!
    Yes, I have the sequence of the double sai. Now, I need to make it more "kung fooey". Meaning, faster and smoother. Hmmm, sounds like everthing else that I have also needs to be that way too! Oh well, just add it to my list. lol

Yes, spear will be interesting. Sifu gave me some wrist exercises to make them stronger for when I have to hold the spear with one hand. At least I havent made any holes in the walls yet! lol