View Poll Results: Do you think KFO is in need of some change?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Do you think it's rules should undergo a total overhaul?

5 14.71%
  • Do you think it should be more heavily moderated?

8 23.53%
  • Do you think the current level of moderation is just fine?

16 47.06%
  • Do you 'NOT' care?

5 14.71%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Is this forum officially "Dead"?

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    The NPM forum took a big hit when everyone got tired of the crap and Steve Cottrell fired up his own board and everyone relocated. A few, like myself, occasionally post but the NPM forum is pretty much dead.

And that's the point I keep bringing up - when the crap starts the good discussions and posters go away. They come back when it stops but lately it hasn't stopped.

I don't mean to be MMA bashing but it seems to have gone downhill when a bunch of MMA types came over from Bullshido and primarily post insults to other members and CMA in general. It's rapidly becoming and anti-kung fu forum.

Whatever.
    there has ALWAYS been mma vs cma discussion here, and modding on the NPM forum - at least a few years ago (I don't go there much) - was pretty strict. I actually attribute much of its "deadness" to that. However, I will say that the mma stuff has increased. For one, many of the cma guys are now mma fans and for another, several have either switched to mma or cross train mma.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post
    Obviously you weren't around during the original invasion from Mousel's Deluxe Martial Arts Forums. That's when I came over to poke fun at the Kung Fu guys but instead found them interesting and stuck around.

BTW Google is flagging Mousel's with a "This site may harm your computer." message. What's up with that?
    speaking of mousel's, it's too bad ryu isn't around anymore.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post
    I am only interested in links related to lupins and the redistribution of wealth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tr_jjs2LKQ
    Ahhhh Dennis Moore.

"Your Lupins or your Life!''

SevenStar
    I don't disagree with you but the MMA guys I'm talking about I've mentioned before. They showed up ranting an raving about an Internet challenge and have been polluting the place ever since.

And the NPM ISN'T stagnant because of heavy moderation, they left due to the crap and went to Steve's forum. This isn't a wild guess, I'm telling you what happened.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Same at other forums. At DL, a certain mma poster has been off for about a month...allowing the rest of us to resume our derailed trip to nirvana through peaceful discussion of the true martial arts.
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    speaking of mousel's, it's too bad ryu isn't around anymore.
    Yeah, and unfortunately it's a common handle so you see the name somewhere only to find it's someone else.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by TaichiMantis View Post
    Same at other forums. At DL, a certain mma poster has been off for about a month...allowing the rest of us to resume our derailed trip to nirvana through peaceful discussion of the true martial arts.

There is and has always been a (well protected) space for discussion of ALL arts and approaches at the DL.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    SevenStar
    I don't disagree with you but the MMA guys I'm talking about I've mentioned before. They showed up ranting an raving about an Internet challenge and have been polluting the place ever since.

And the NPM ISN'T stagnant because of heavy moderation, they left due to the crap and went to Steve's forum. This isn't a wild guess, I'm telling you what happened.
    I am referring to what happened when I was posting there, a couple of years ago. Modding was extremely strict. Nothing off topic at all. Anything non-mantis was either moved or deleted. A thread that began about mantis and deviated was closed.

I don't see it as a bad thing per se as it's specific - it's a mantis forum. Like I said, this is the catch all forum. However, to be that nazi... that can make for problems.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Well from a lurker and rare poster I think theres a handfull of posters that keep this site afloat and it seems to be fairly static at the moment, they go and so does most of the intelligent talk and good advice

Maybe there should be a poll for most productive poster to show a little appreciation for the posters that keep us coming back ?