Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help please.

I hear Jesus trained Ashida Kim.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    You do realise that Martial Arts lead to Love, and by Love I mean the Leurve of Satan, and that it is Hot? And Oily?

Especially the manlove arts like wrestling and BJJ. BJJ even has BJ in its title!

Here is some proof, that especially JKD is Bruce Lee ('Dragon'... as in 'Wormwood', as in 'The Great Lizard', 'The Serpent', 'The Spectacular Iguana', 'The Scaley P eckerwood Gila Monster'... starting to see the connection?).
    Seems like the apostle Paul would have LOVED BJJ then...

no jesus taught mr miyagi the crucifix stance, which he later adapted into the crane stance to avoid religious persecution in feudal japan before passing it on to ralph machio. the original stance would allow the skilled practcioner to shoot spikes from the hands and some masters would wear jesus's hat in early no holds barred fights and headbutt with it to the eyes and throat.

judas taught ashida kim.
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by zapruder_bjj View Post
    Seems like the apostle Paul would have LOVED BJ then...

There we go... alllll fixed...
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by GunnedDownAtrocity View Post
    no jesus taught mr miyagi the crucifix stance, which he later adapted into the crane stance to avoid religious persecution in feudal japan before passing it on to ralph machio. the original stance would allow the skilled practcioner to shoot spikes from the hands and some masters would wear jesus's hat in early no holds barred fights and headbutt with it to the eyes and throat.

judas taught ashida kim.
    That's not possible!!!!! Mr. Miyagi was only 3 years old when Jesus opened his school. Are you telling me that Jesus would teach an outsider Cru Ci Fix and make him the cofounder of his school???? The dates don't match! You can't even read Chinese! I think it's great that you are supporting the world of CCF, but your dates and stories are only an attempt to validate the Ralph Machio school.

Miyagi also did not leave and study under Moses, the same teacher that helped Jesus found CCF. And there was no Red Sea Monk!
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

The main skills in martial arts: striking, throwing, locking (some devide between standing locks and ground), footwork, weapons.

There are two answers to the "which style is best" question:

1) The diplomatic answer "There is no best style"
    2) The answer that everyone is secretly thinking "mine"

I'd suggest you go out to kwoons, dojos and gyms in the area and shop around. See what schools seem like a good fit for you and what you want to draw from your martial arts training.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by GODsWarrior View Post
    I have been wanting to start JKD for the last two or so years. Do you think that would be a good base for my MA. I was also wanting to take Wing Chun at first, but Bruce Lee once stated that it was not as effective as he hoped after it took him 3 mins to defeat his opponent. What are your thoughts on that? Also, I have been very interested in Shaolin Monks, to me they are among the truest martial artists ever. What is their MA called? Shaolin Kung-Fu?
    I think you should start and then continue and disregard stories, rumours and anecdotes as best you can for a while, because you will hear all sorts of stuff about this or that in martial arts.

jkd is made to compliment any martial art and isn't actually a martial art in and of itself so much as it is a concept around owning and making a martial art your own as opposed to mimicking your teachers. Having said that, any exponent of jkd worth his salt will teach you basics first, even Bruce Lee had people learn his Jun Fan KungFu (which was basically wing chun or whatever he had learned from william cheung and a bit of this and that thrown in to beef up the holes where he had not continued his study.) but anyway, it's here nor there.

go to where you are comfortable and feel good about being there, Begin!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    I think you should start and then continue and disregard stories, rumours and anecdotes as best you can for a while, because you will hear all sorts of stuff about this or that in martial arts.

jkd is made to compliment any martial art and isn't actually a martial art in and of itself so much as it is a concept around owning and making a martial art your own as opposed to mimicking your teachers. Having said that, any exponent of jkd worth his salt will teach you basics first, even Bruce Lee had people learn his Jun Fan KungFu (which was basically wing chun or whatever he had learned from william cheung and a bit of this and that thrown in to beef up the holes where he had not continued his study.) but anyway, it's here nor there.

go to where you are comfortable and feel good about being there, Begin!
    I am most certainly going to do that. Thank you brother. Thank you all. GOD Bless

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    That's not possible!!!!! Mr. Miyagi was only 3 years old when Jesus opened his school. Are you telling me that Jesus would teach an outsider Cru Ci Fix and make him the cofounder of his school???? The dates don't match! You can't even read Chinese! I think it's great that you are supporting the world of CCF, but your dates and stories are only an attempt to validate the Ralph Machio school.

Miyagi also did not leave and study under Moses, the same teacher that helped Jesus found CCF. And there was no Red Sea Monk!
    i no understand how to lineage war
    where's my beer?