Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Actually, I think if it Robin was brought in AT THE END of Part 3, not even as RObin, but just Bruce Wayne's adoption of **** Grayson, it would make for a nice closure on the trilogy. Robin's parents get killed by Two-Face and he wants revenge...Bruce is the only person who could possibly understand him, and Robin becomes really the only thing that keeps him from going over the deep end.
    You mean the character of "richard" Grayson is introduced but not Robin?
    I could live with that.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    You mean the character of "richard" Grayson is introduced but not Robin?
    I could live with that.
    I dunno how they plan on doing it. I'm just speculating that would be a good way to end the trilogy if Grayson is introduced at the end of Part 3, especially since those two titles rumored to be the source material actually deal with Two-Face and Robin.

Then, maybe, someone can pick that up with a Nightwing movie or something.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

I dunno how they plan on doing it. I'm just speculating that would be a good way to end the trilogy if Grayson is introduced at the end of Part 3, especially since those two titles rumored to be the source material actually deal with Two-Face and Robin.

Then, maybe, someone can pick that up with a Nightwing movie or something.
    i agree with you on introducing robin that would be hot. don't know what sanjuro's problem is with robin. but ehy to each his own

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    i agree with you on introducing robin that would be hot. don't know what sanjuro's problem is with robin. but ehy to each his own
    Well, Robin has never really been handled correctly. That's why I think they should just introduce him in Part 3, and then skip to a Nightwing movie with him all grown up and still trying to cope with his mixed feelings towards Bruce's radical fanatacism.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

A kid running around with a grown man endangering his life.
    Dressed like a fairy too by the way.

What's not to like?

Well, Robin has never really been handled correctly. That's why I think they should just introduce him in Part 3, and then skip to a Nightwing movie with him all grown up and still trying to cope with his mixed feelings towards Bruce's radical fanatacism.
    Fully.

Nightwing is way cooler than robin ever was anyhow, he has way better threads too.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Fully.

Nightwing is way cooler than robin ever was anyhow, he has way better threads too.
    Any one that kick buttocks with sticks is way cool !

and dare i say, nightwing in some ways surpasses the bat.

i mean, he was trained by batman after all, one would hope the student to surpass the master in some aspects.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    and dare i say, nightwing in some ways surpasses the bat.

i mean, he was trained by batman after all, one would hope the student to surpass the master in some aspects.
    Bite your tongue man !!
    *slaps Lucas with Bat-Salami*

lol

hey, at least batman will always have one up on superman

oh, and for future reference.

anti-lucas spray works much better.

almost like the shark repelent spray except i wont explode after you spray me

Nightwing was awesome. Batman only wishes he was cool enough to have a mullet.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Quote Originally Posted by jethro View Post
    Nightwing was awesome. Batman only wishes he was cool enough to have a mullet.
    LMAO !!
    Excellent !

Quote Originally Posted by jethro View Post
    Now I'm gonna get really geeky here Desing Sifu, but I'm sure you won't mind Maybe Batman couldn't smoke bomb his way out of the night club because he's young, and would later on fully develop his skills and use of gadgets. But if it's a 3 picture deal, then that would only leave one movie to fully develop Batman. So that can't be right. Ah well, just a thought.

Sure, the movie does a great job of illustrating a stressful time in The Batman's career (probably the 1st of many) and a chance to blow of steam by kicking much @$$ is something we can all relate too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenshiite View Post
    Two-Face is entirely appropriate.

My only confusion is this, and this is largely because up til now I've heard The Dark Knight Returns is going to be the name of part III and that it was going to feature Harvey Two-Face Dent as the main villian. I have a hard time believing that Harvey died from a fall that didn't kill the Bat, and armor or not they'd get pretty much the same internal organ shock from that kind of fall, but you've got that funeral scene mixed into that montage as Gordon and Batman are discussing how Harvey Dent can't be seen as a monster but as the "white knight" DA hero.

So here I'm thinking "is Harvey dead or did they fake his death and stash him away somewhere... Arkham perhaps... only to have him resurface in the next film to be Batman's big nemesis?"

I read it the same way. They lock Harvey up in Arkham and fake his death. His escape (Even an absent Joker could be explained by the actions of a love struck Dr. Quinzel).

aaron ekhart just signed on to do a thrid film. and i thought an actor of his calibre is going to do just a cameo.
    I totally agree, with Ekhart in the role of Two-Face I'm sure he could carry a film opposite (bad news)Bale. In such a case, the film could be named Dark Knight Two(get-it ). A returning Two-Face would likely have vastly improved visual effects perhaps with infection having set in and so forth.

I believe the intent is to adapt “The Long Halloween” and “Dark Victory,” both of which feature Two-Face and deal with how Two-Face was involved in the death of Robin's family.

Batman Begins covered BATMAN: Year One with the addition of Ra's al Ghul. Not too much of Long Halloween was evident beyond the fall of Carmine Falcone and maybe the appearance of Scarecrow.

The Dark Knight seems to draw as much from The Killing Joke as it does from The Long Halloween. Place Harvey Dent on the psychological roller coaster Commissioner Gordon literally rode in the Graphic Novel and place Rachael Dawson in a fatal version of Barbara Gordon's role and you have the Harvy Dent's transformation into Two-Face. We do see Sal Maroni and by the third act the plots of both The Dark Knight and The Long Halloween line up rather closely; minus the Holiday Killer.

Using Dark Victory as a framework for a third film could be great to see. I'd certainly agree with MK's choice with introducing Grayson minus Robin though I think that would be a hard sell to the toy companies. An accidental Robin in a circus suit could work; I suppose.

Perhaps we'll instead see some elements return from the Bruce and Ra's relationship.

BTW Nightwing = Daredevil in blue... and we all remember how that movie worked out

IMO movie adaption of nightwing would be better done to get rid of the tights, and bring in some combat boots, and a nice gritty real down to earth story, someting simple probably not involving super villians at all. leave them for the bats, and let nightwing bloody up the yakuza or something.