Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I Cant Find Any Choy Lay Fut Anywhere!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Infrazael View Post
    Eric, are you currently doing boxing, MMA, or something different? Just curious.

I hope life is going well for you out East.

It's good to see you here again.

No, I'm not doing any training right now. Since I went into grad school I had to cut back on some of my extracurricular activities. And also, having learned the better part of Sifu Mak's system I was having trouble figuring out my next goal in martial arts. As you know, I started moving towards teaching and competitive fighting but I don't think either of those is why I got into martial arts in the first place.

I still do alot of martial arts-style conditioning and when I graduate this winter I will probably start practicing my Chen Taiji again. I would eventually like to learn some BJJ because I think it would fit really well with the principles of Chen Taiji.

Finally, contrary to what some people might think I'm not really bitter about my experience in martial arts thus far. I owe alot to kung fu as it initially helped me get out of a couple of poor lifestyle choices and made me more self confident. But I think that eventually, mostly because of the people involved, it became a more negative force in my life, rather than a positive.

Take care,

EO

used to be in the yookay, but now in my own little world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Olson View Post
    Haha...I didn't realize you were Alec Morris until I looked at your profile (mano mano sounds vaguely hispanic). I notice it says you aren't currently training in CLF either. Any particular reason?

Cheers,

EO
    The reason I’m not currently doing CLF as I’m training in FMA to learn more about defence regarding weapons i.e. sticks & knives. My empty hand art is still CLF, however my views on weapons training has changed a great deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mano Mano View Post
    The reason I’m not currently doing CLF as I’m training in FMA to learn more about defence regarding weapons i.e. sticks & knives. My empty hand art is still CLF, however my views on weapons training has changed a great deal.
    Cool Alec, best of luck in your training.

EO