Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Ng Family Style real?

Quote Originally Posted by mkriii View Post
    859-963-6983. .
    That's real smart there, mark. Why not list your SSN to boot?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Eastern State Mental Hospital Psych Ward, Room 12
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    That's real smart there, mark. Why not list your SSN to boot?

No, that would be to risky. Well, on the other hand why not....405-31-6790. Syke......LOL. I don't have a problem with my phone number being out there though. It's a cell number and I can just turn it off if someone keeps calling me and annoying me. Besides, I have crazy ex girl friends that call me all the time. It wouldn't be anything I'm not used too.
    Last edited by mkriii; 09-04-2008 at 11:10 AM.

I wonder...

why John doesn't return the calls...

might be out of country right now. I saw and spoke with Dr. Ng about 1 1/2 months ago and he said John Dufresne was in China. He might have been over there getting ready for his move there. Dufresne's cell number is out of service. It's not that he hasn'r returned my calls. Just don't have new number.

mkriii

mkriii,

I sent you john's cell number in a PM.

Larry.....Thanks a lot. Tell John I said hello.

Larry, whats new? I ran into Chris Spaulding. You know him don't you? He's from up there. He's a sales rep for L.A. Boxing Gym here in Lexington. He's not even really doing anything with martial arts anymore. And he's gained some weight. I guess we've all gained weight......lol. Anyways, just checking out any new posts and wanted to say hi.

Quote Originally Posted by mkriii View Post
    Larry, whats new? I ran into Chris Spaulding. You know him don't you? He's from up there. He's a sales rep for L.A. Boxing Gym here in Lexington. He's not even really doing anything with martial arts anymore. And he's gained some weight. I guess we've all gained weight......lol. Anyways, just checking out any new posts and wanted to say hi.
    Hi,

Yes I sure do know Sifu Spaulding. I traveled 50 miles 3 times a week to take his classes in Haverhill, Ma. He was a very good teacher and I respect him a lot. I haven't done much in MA since he closed his school. Tell him I said hi when you talk to him again.

I'll tell him you said hello.

Referral

There's an Ng-family stylist who runs a school in Nashville, Shaolin Concepts. Do any of you have any information about this guy? Good instructor? Bad instructor? Says he has his 5th black directly from John Ng. Thanks.

There are two guys that I know of. Both are extremely good. One is Master Rusty Gray. The other is Master Bruce Linville. Which one is it your talking about?

Those are the only two I know of in the Nashville area. Rusty Gray is in Old Hickory I think which is right outside of Nashville. Bruce Linville is actually in Nashville I believe. I know both of them really well.

David Stephens or Donnavan??? Sound familiar?

no but I'll check and see if any other Ng members have heard of him. Be leery of any claims. Give me to the end of the day and I'll be able to tell you if he is legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Noob View Post
    David Stephens or Donnavan??? Sound familiar?
    I just checked with two old school students of John Ng and they have not heard of this guy. I didn't think this guy sounded legit. I know most of the higher ranked students of John Ng and his name did not sound familiar. Here is a brief list of some legit instructors: Rusty Gray, Bruce Linville, Tom Pardue, Ricky Pickens, Tim Pickens, Mark Burgher, John Dufresne, Eric Nesson, Gary Dezarn, William Quan, and Billy Barber (doesn't teach but is a black sash under Ng). These are the guys I can think of that learned directly under Granmaster Dr. John Wing Loc Ng. If its not one of these guys be skeptical.