Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: understanding concrete.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    all depending on how it's used.
    Jeurng Fu, male plus man=husband
    Fu Yun,man plus person=wife
    Loong Fu, a plot of land plus man=farmer
    Gung Fu, work plus man= a high level of skill developed through time and effort
    to us, some of them don't make sense, but then again, neither does rough, tough, and through.
    anyway you don't "train your fu"-unless you are a domineering woman!
    This thread is full of Fu....
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Does anyone here break patio bricks by setting them up with pencils in between? How many can any of you break stacked flat on top of each other...just curious
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

Quote Originally Posted by TaichiMantis View Post
    Does anyone here break patio bricks by setting them up with pencils in between? How many can any of you break stacked flat on top of each other...just curious
    Nope, no spacers, have done 2 slabs, working on breaking them flat and standing up, also working on breaking them while holding one in onehand and breaking with the other.
    Also working on breaking them while in mid-air and while dancing the samba, but that is from BJJ so...

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    hey uki,

how about instead of writing about things, how about you show us you can do them.

talking is cheap.

Actions speak louder than words.

P.S. My stomach is just fine. How about your replicate my break and take full power shots to your ribs, sternum, solar plexus??

Maybe you will find out that pushing hands on bricks is not going to teach you how to take full power blows.

I know for a fact you cannot. as you are nothing more than a talker...

Cowardly mouthboxers seem to have become the rule instead of people who train their fu rather than post drek.

Hey Dale-

I don't know you, Uki, or anything about some apparent rivalry between you guys. As a user of this forum reading his posts, I took it simply as an anecdote about concrete, not at all as an attack on you or your iron palm training. In fact, without your post, I would know of no such rivalry.

If possible, I would respectfully suggest starting a new thread discussing the merits of your iron palm / iron body training. I for one am interested, having had some limited experience in iron body.

I don't think there is a rivalry between Dale and Uki...

It's just that Dale tends to defend himself on message boards that have been hostile to Iron... well Iron Anything in the past because of it's connection to unverifiable phenomena like Qi.... by attacking hard at anything that seems to challenge the veracity of his system. Uki's comments about breaking apparently do so. The fact that Uki is a total space case with a habit of inserting both feet firmly in his mouth and the fact that Uki simultaneously attacks breaking technique (of people other than himself, self proclaimed font of all knowledge) while promoting stuff like martial arts mastery sans-fighting (something that Dale does not espouse) probably exacerbated the situation somewhat.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Also working on breaking them while in mid-air and while dancing the samba, but that is from BJJ so...

...I have no doubt you will conquer it
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

Quote Originally Posted by TaichiMantis View Post
    ...I have no doubt you will conquer it
    I already have the sequence studded thong

Sanjuro Ronin breaks my brain....
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    I don't think there is a rivalry between Dale and Uki...
    dale is my friend... he just doesn't realize this yet.
    It's just that Dale tends to defend himself on message boards that have been hostile to Iron... well Iron Anything in the past because of it's connection to unverifiable phenomena like Qi....
    being enraged and hurling insults sure strays far from being a well-reserved and competent martial artist...
    by attacking hard at anything that seems to challenge the veracity of his system.
    hard? hahaha... he behaves more like a bully of sorts. "i have iron body-fist and i will smash thy puny earthling to pieces."
    Uki's comments about breaking apparently do so.
    he's just looking for an excuse to play tough guy...
    The fact that Uki is a total space case with a habit of inserting both feet firmly in his mouth and the fact that Uki simultaneously attacks breaking technique (of people other than himself, self proclaimed font of all knowledge) while promoting stuff like martial arts mastery sans-fighting (something that Dale does not espouse) probably exacerbated the situation somewhat.
    again it is all relative to perception... i laugh at the fact that people actually go and pay money to this guy who in turn behaves like a pouting child who can't live with the fact that other kids play at recess too... he would command my respect if his attitude were properly adjusted.

I wasn't suggesting that Dale's shoot-first response and tendency to bandy the word "coward" in every second post were endearing qualities.

I was attempting to explain to a third party that you two weren't bitter rivals continuing an online feud. Just a defensive iron body guy and a mouthy space cadet.
    Simon McNeil

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    Just a defensive iron body guy...
    apparently he has issues with himself that need to be resolved...

and there is no talking on this forum, it's all in WRITING!!! if anything we are conversing through words written in posts...

Way to split hairs there Uki... that will certainly work towards reducing the view people have of you as a mouth-boxer.
    Simon McNeil

Uki seems to talk out of his backside and seems to hide who he is, who he has trained with, and yet seems to know everything when it comes to the martial arts.

Some of the space cadet comments make me wonder if he uses illegal drugs. His comments on the cop being killed while he was bouncing showed his true colors. an angry anti establishment geek who probably could not fight his way out of a paper bag.

He is the new troll here, and relishes the fact rather than realize the insult it truly carries.

I really do not have issues with him personally, just that I abhor people who spout the "I'm a cowardly little skinny stick propaganda" on and on and on when they should post way less and train way more.

Would love to play push hands with him on his bricks and see what kind of root he has. I can assure you that he will never be able to put his money where his mouth is.

Uki, Why not come out to the Zhang San Feng Festival where I teach every year and show me some of your wicked cool techniques. I can show you some as well.

I would rather train, than post such as yourself. I have been here since the beginning and have fewer posts than most. You have been here months and have almost half the amount.

Posting less and training more will do wonders for you.

Good luck in life, as you are obviously going to need it.
    Last edited by Dale Dugas; 09-30-2008 at 02:32 PM.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Nope, no spacers, have done 2 slabs, working on breaking them flat and standing up, also working on breaking them while holding one in onehand and breaking with the other.
    I saw a guy once choke out 4 house bricks one handed, just left them laying there in a big pile afterwards, not a one of them woke up... scary...
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    Some of the space cadet comments make me wonder if he uses illegal drugs. .
    I bet you could become quite the space cadet without the use of illegal drugs.
    there are many varieties of perfectly legal substance that will fry yer brain, um, I mean, allow one to reach altered states of conciousness.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.