Page 90 of 194 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 2908

Thread: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

I'm obviously only counting Islamic terrorism.

I cannot fault Clinton for Oklahoma City or the church bombings or school shootings.

Oh, the anthrax incidents are still being investigated. They may well have nothing to do with Islamic groups.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Are you people this dense? Forgetful? Really, what gives?

Feb 26, 1993: World Trade Center bombing.
    Aug 7, 1998: US Embassy bombings in Tanzania and Kenya
    Oct 12, 2000: USS Cole bombing
    If you are going to count Tanzania, Kenya, and the Cole, you have to count the attack on September 17, 2008 embassy of the United States, in San‘a’, Yemenn.

Islamic Jihad of Yemen, an al Qaeda affiliate, has claimed responsibility for the attack.

And CLinton was President for all of two months before the first World Trade Center bombing.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 10-03-2008 at 10:31 AM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

One more thing....

Where's all the gloating at?

You guys couldn't wait to see Mrs Palin get demolished by Biden. He was gonna mop the floor with her. She was gonna be a stammering idiot, remember. Looks like she held her own. Hell, he was one who had to try and fake-cry during the debate!
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Where's all the gloating at?

You guys couldn't wait to see Mrs Palin get demolished by Biden. He was gonna mop the floor with her. She was gonna be a stammering idiot, remember. Looks like she held her own. Hell, he was one who had to try and fake-cry during the debate!
    Too bad she couldn't answer the questions she was asked and just stuck to her scripted talking points.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

But what was Clinton's response?

He bombed an aspirin factory! The Al-Shifa pharmaceutical factory. Remember that? Why did he do that? Because he relied on faulty intelligence. Is it coming back now? That plant produced 50% of Sudan's medications for both people and animals.

How come he is not being raked over the coals by you guys? I mean innocent people died and suffered because Clinton relied on faulty intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Too bad she couldn't answer the questions she was asked and just stuck to her scripted talking points.
    As did Biden.

But again, she was supposed to be made a fool of. Who was wrong on that one?

Are you people this dense? Forgetful? Really, what gives?

Feb 26, 1993: World Trade Center bombing.
    Aug 7, 1998: US Embassy bombings in Tanzania and Kenya
    Oct 12, 2000: USS Cole bombing
    No matter how you guys slice it, spin it, or deny it the fact remains:

Not one terrorist attack on US soil since Bush declared the War on Terror.
    Under Clinton the attacks were repeated over and over.
    Please note the highlighted portion above. If you were going to discuss attacks outside of the US homeland (so to speak) then you shouldn't have been so specific.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    Please note the highlighted portion above. If you were going to discuss attacks outside of the US homeland (so to speak) then you shouldn't have been so specific.
    Embassies are considered US soil. The attack in Yemen last month was a direct assault on US soil.

My take on the debate

It was a 'draw'.

I do think Biden came off as a politician. The Home Depot pandering, the smile, the fake crying, the bad hair plugs. He looked like a politician.

Mrs Palin came off as a more 'normal' person. She was not polished, she was nervous. But she talked to people, not talked down to people.

Embassies are considered US soil.
    Thank you. As are a country's warships.

Though we disagree, you are a more rational, informed person than most of the others on here.

It was a 'draw'.

I do think Biden came off as a politician. The Home Depot pandering, the smile, the fake crying, the bad hair plugs. He looked like a politician.

Mrs Palin came off as a more 'normal' person. She was not polished, she was nervous. But she talked to people, not talked down to people.
    She did a lot better than she has so far in her interviews, but she was coached to stick to certain points. Even her lame jokes were scripted.

But a draw does you guys no good, anyway. You needed her to be a superstar.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 10-03-2008 at 10:47 AM.

Embassies are considered US soil. The attack in Yemen last month was a direct assault on US soil.
    I realize that, and that is what I was going for.

Thank you. As are a country's warships.

Though we disagree, you are a more rational, informed person than most of the others on here.
    Then you have to admit the Yemen attack was an Islamic terrorist attack on US soil.

Then you have to admit the Yemen attack was an Islamic terrorist attack on US soil.
    Which came after the declaration of the war on terror.

Yup. So 2 attacks in 7 years.

Vs Clintons 3 attacks in 7 years.

So who has been more effective?