Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Is this clip of the Rich Mooney who posts here?

Stacey Guest

hes a true artist and a master of his profession.

a true con artist that is.

a little common sense please.

Its one thing not to be "open minded" but most of us have experience with chi gung, nei gung etc. Many of us have seen and felt true masters, and this guy just doesn't fit the bill. By the way he gets angry, I can tell he has weak liver chi. How then can he move people with weak liver chi?

Thats like riding a bike with a stick in the spokes.

The darth video clip involves a man acting entranced and then hopping. I can do this all in the name of the lord and make some money down south. But only with people who don't read.

We have all seen clips of O'sensei. A true master of the martial arts. He had chi ability, but couldn't move people. Compare how poised he was, compared to this clown. There is simply no comparison. I respect everyone's opinion, but I have a low tolerence for stupidity.

To be fair

to qimaster, as he says, if you have never met him or trained with him, then how can you really judge that?

So until I meet him in person, then I will keep an open mind about what he does
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Rich

Hi, its me. All of our verbal sparring in the past has been over my perception of your conduct on the board, but you seem to have addressed that a few pages ago. I do not know enough of Chi Kung to include myself in this debate over your skills, so I hope we can seperate the two issues (personal and martial) and you can answer this for me :

"Standing meditation is the ultimate method for developing power in martial arts, either internal or external styles"

Is that like Zhan Zhaung (sp?)? The 'Lohan Embracing Buddha'
    position? How does that increase your power? Is it better than or should it be included with 'Lifting The Sky?'

And nobody give me any 'don't take advice from him he's a fake' comments please. I'm just starting with Chi Kung and I would like to know Mr Mooneys opinion.
    '"4 ounces deflect 1000 pounds" represents a skill potential, if you stand in front of a 1000 pound charging bull and apply four ounces of deflection, well, you get the picture..' - Tai Chi Bob

"My car has a lot of parts in there that I don't know about, don't know what they're called, haven't seen them and wouldn't know what they were if someone pointed them out to me .... doesn't mean they're not in there." - Evolution Fist

Thanks

But do you think a reasonable Chi Kung beginners programme might be 10-20 Lifting the Sky followed by some standing chi kung?
    '"4 ounces deflect 1000 pounds" represents a skill potential, if you stand in front of a 1000 pound charging bull and apply four ounces of deflection, well, you get the picture..' - Tai Chi Bob

"My car has a lot of parts in there that I don't know about, don't know what they're called, haven't seen them and wouldn't know what they were if someone pointed them out to me .... doesn't mean they're not in there." - Evolution Fist

So does the stance for martial benefit tend to be lower/wider, to increase stress on your body? Or am I way off?

Lower stances such as the wide horse stance which we often do wave hands like clouds in, as well as one legged stances "pheonix rising" and others build leg strength. These stances can help promote kicking power as well but are mainly focussed on giving us a better root and the leg strength to make transitions during form movements.

- Nexus

qimaster, this was really a stupid reply. Don't you have anything to say beside from the crap in you last message?

Guandi

Anyone ever notice that this guy can spit out all kinds of impressive sounding names, stories, anecdotes, etc. But can't provide even one concrete example of the actual practice? Well read does not indicate well versed. Me thinks Mr. Mooney should be able to describe at least one aspect of the actual practice that can't be found in the books. i.e. oral tradition.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

i have an idea for this: credentials!

those are always nice. i've always been fond of credentials. anyone have any?
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Rich,

Chao, Jung Dao is the person I was thinking of. His age is listed as being 108 in our history. 108 being a significant number to the Chinese. It just means he was over 100 years old, not that he actually was 108 (or 118 as you say). Our books say he was born in 1844, but that is suspect if you ask me, it could have been 1864 for all we know, things tend to get stretched abit sometimes. I think if he was under 100, they would list his age, but because he is over 100 they say he was 108. In al honesty, I bet know-one knows how old he was, they just knew he was old.

The internal Chao Family Fist also has a Taji system consisting of two main forms (37 and 64 moves), and Elbow form and some shortened versions of the second (64 move) form. It also has the standard Push hands and sticky hands practice. I think there is Hsing I and Bagua in there two, but those are probually later additions to the system (IMOP). In addition to that the Chao Family Nei Quan also has a rudimentary Taoist Natural Fist system. Do you have any of this as well? I seem to remeber asking you before, but I don't remember your answer.

Anyway, when i'm ready to get to it, I'll call. In the mean time, my E-Mail is Royaldragon@netzero.net

If you want to mail some thing I'm at PO. Box 262 Addison Il. 60101

Royal Dragon
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Ooooopps, missed this.

Does it use the "Open", "Close" type of mechanics like other internal arts?

>> Yes we have an opening and a closing sequence

I think you misunderstand, I was refering to the internal mechanics specifically related to the opening and closing of the torso, or the accordian like compression and expansion motions of the torso found in most (if not all) internal arts (I'm thinking of Li Hu, Pa Fa specifically).
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a